Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    I'd honestly rather make a run for Russell Wilson.
    I would too, but have fun trying to convince a vet QB like him or Rodgers to come here. You better hire a new HC that he loves.

I was sitting in the truck waiting for my wife to come out of Walmart, so I was looking at trade rumors involving tua.It's basically the same stories as yesterday click on this story but the feedbacks was more interested in the story.

Replying to
    @OmarKelly
    Tannehill gets 7 years, Tua gets 10 games. This franchise, and its fanbase, are a joke. I am in no way a Tua stan but how anyone thinks you can fully evaluate him based on the OL this season and being pulled from games last season (a COVID year w/o normal training camp) - crazy

2 days ago
    The Dolphins have not been good since Dan Marino. Unfortunately I don't believe this trade would help get this team to where they need to be. As a long time fan I truly believe they almost need to replace EVERYONE, including the owner, and start the franchise all over again.

2 days ago
    If a QB throws 4 touchdowns in a losing effort - the problem is the DEFENSE.

1 day ago
    Replying to Decolonization
    I completely agree. They were in the lead at the two-minute warning and our defense allowed them to march down the field to the 13 and kick an easy field goal.

Someone needs to be accountable for a defense full of talent.

2 days ago
    I am a Dolphins Fan and live in Miami. We donít want Watson. Donít bring drama to my state. Finish out the season with what we have and look for a QB during draft if you still need one. Trust me it wonít work and most Likely he will never play again

2 days ago
    Replying to Jasonups5
    Agreed ÖÖ Tua is probably good enough heís young ÖÖ build a defense ÖÖ 35, 31, 27, 45, 23 & 30.

2 days ago
    So the Dolphins were ahead by one point late in the game but the defense could not hold the Foulcons away from being able to kick a game ending field goal. Yet somehow that is Tua's fault. Everyone wants instant gratification but in the NFL that is not usually going to happen. Give him time and let him learn. He is starting much sooner than most out of college quarter backs and with the junk he had to work with this current outcome is not surprising.

2 days ago
    80% completion, 291 yards, 4 TDs, sounds like a bad defense.

2 days ago
    Not a big Tua fan but give him some time to adjust to the pro game, don't trade for Watson I believe that it would set any team back several years by giving away all those draft picks for one player. Stay the course, build through the draft and stay away from iffy players.

2 days ago
    doesnt matter who QB is, poor offense play calling, poor offensive line blocking. Give Rex Sinnet a chance if Tua doesnt get the job done. Tua did a great job , especially scoring drive in the 4th qtr. Defense needs to step up too

2 days ago
    Watson is facing 22 civil suits and sexual assault charges but still teams are interested.
    That kind of says it all, doesnít it.

2 days ago
    Replying to Blueanchor
    Thats why the NFL is called the National Felons League.

2 days ago
    If you get Watson, make sure there is a work release clause in the contract.

2 days ago
    Ever since Shula left, this team has been a failureÖ. No matter how many different coaches take over, quarterbacks come and go, Bring back Shulaís system. It will work. I never understood why they initially changed it but it has been an embarrassment for more than 22 years. Good luck !

2 days ago
    i watched the game and saw a young QB make 2 mistakes. the rest was positive. their oline is terrible and the defense has regressed since last year. Watson is not the answer, new leadership, coach and GM is needed. after that i would still draft another QB just in case Tua does not learn. if they both play well you ahve trade bait.

2 days ago
    You drafted an injured QB. How is that sworking out? Now you want a criminaal QB. Another happy ending coming.

2 days ago
    Watson should next be playing for a Texas State Prison Team ala Burt Reynolds and ďThe Longest YardĒ. Too many different accusations to not be true so it would be an extreme gamble to trade for him unless the trade gets cancelled if he is ruled ineligible..

2 days ago
    Watson is still facing 22 civil lawsuits that allege sexual harassment and nearly a dozen police complaints. However, teams still appear interested.

John Gruden: Recently got canceled and fired over private emails from a decade ago.

2 days ago
    Iím not a Tua fan but that team has other greater needs than a new quarterback. They would still lose with Watson both on and off the field.

2 days ago
    I have been a Dolphins fan since the late 70s, and yes I am still a fan. Tua is not an NFL quarterback YET. He has flashes of greatness, but is still learning and getting better. Gesicki is an amazing TE, and Waddle is doing great in his first season. Iím as sick of losing every Sunday as anyone els...See more

2 days ago
    Watson is so badly tarnished personally that no team should touch him. Tua had a good day today and that loss belongs to the defense.

2 days ago
    Why would Watson want to go to Miami? As an organization, it is worse than Houston. Look at how the team has regressed from last year.

Frankly, Tua is the bright spot and hasn't even played much- 3 games this year and a few last year. He's probably hoping he gets traded.

2 days ago
    The man is putting points up, just that defense is putting more up, for the other team.

2 days ago
    Tua's not the problem.
    Coaching, talent evaluation and ownership are the problems.

2 days ago
    Why would Miami, or any team, want the baggage that comes with Watson? Apparently Houston doesn't want the Watson baggage either or they would be playing him.

2 days ago
    It all starts at the top and works it way down, itís time for a team owner that has a football mentality.

2 days ago
    No one in the League is worth three 1st-round picks. No one.

2 days ago
    Tua is not the problem with the Dolphins...

2 days ago
    Fire the GM Chris Grier on down to all the coaches and assistants. They are all clueless.
    Watson can't save this team and it's silly to even think he can solve Miami's issues, they have many.

2 days ago
    Dolphins will trade Tua and Tua will become the next "Tom Brady" (ex: Tannihill). Happens all the time. Tua is basically in his first year (didn't see much P.T. last year). He actually is performing very well for someone so young. Tua is not the problem. Trading Tua who is of high morals and high character for someone like Watson is wrong.

2 days ago
    Replying to bhd2801
    There must be certain throws Tua canít make, or canít do other things that being a starting QB requires. Otherwise it makes no sense that theyíre ready to give up on him in his second season. Whether Tua can play or not, I think bringing in Watson is a horrible idea.

2 days ago
    The problem with the Dolphin's is Chris Grear. He's the one who picked those offensive lineman that gave up a blocked field goal.

2 days ago
    Replying to cbtengr384
    Yes I think he should go first. Then the coach

2 days ago
    Watson would be a disaster to any team. Even more so than Newton.

2 days ago
    Interesting the Dolphins unload Tannihill and he goes to the Titans and becomes all Pro.
    LOL...Just blew out the Chiefs in style.

2 days ago
    Replying to schmidty
    yup... and when Tannehill was here it was supposedly always his fault even though the whole team was bad just like they still are today with Tua.

2 days ago
    Tua is the least of the Dolphins problems right now. Watson can't win with this team playing like this either.... so why take on all that drama and risk if we still aren't good? fire Grier and Flores before they ruin this franchise worse than they already have by trading away the next 3 drafts for a...See more

2 days ago
    Interesting that people still elect to give money to the NFL, and wants to defund the police. What a backwards world we live in.
    Defund the NFL, fund the police, and ... Let's go Brandon!

2 days ago
    Watson will probably be suspended by the league. Take away the 2 bad picks and Tua had a good game, but it was the Falcons

2 days ago
    Watson has been accused of sexual assault by numerous women, at this point he has not been charged and this has been going on for quite some time. It appears that there is not enough evidence to charge him, if the Dolphins want to risk paying big bucks and draft picks for a guy that may or may not b...See more

2 days ago
    Tua is a second year QB, build the team around him, just think if New England would have traded their second year QB, well they did but not after 6 NFL championships,

2 days ago
    Tua is not Miami's problem. Miami need an O-line and some defense. I don't think Brady could QB the Dolphins to a win with that O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Great news but I am 100% confident we over pay. haha
    Also, with Watson only waiving his no-trade clause for Miami one can confirm the Texans were leaking false info out to get Miami to raise their offer. I'd do the same if I was Houston hopefully Miami hadn't budged. I guess now it's who blinks first with the pick protections.
    Exactly. And if I were doing the deal I would tell the Texans that their attempted manipulation just cost themselves one or more picks from the deal and lower the offer.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-27-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Josina Anderson with some good news?
    While #Texans QB Deshaun Watson has only waived his no-trade clause, thus far, to the #Dolphins (which is true, as 1st reported by @RapSheet )...I'm also told Miami's offer still does not meet the threshold to get a deal done. The price will not bend for MIA, or any other team!

She goes further and is feeding more Texans crap. Basically that Houston might not even trade Watson because theyíre going to hold firm on their price. So you totally better offer more if you really want him or Iíll just keep him.
    Let them keep him. We are in a dream scenario. We have a young guy we can roll with and see how that goes. Or we can trade for Watson if it is a bargain. Or we can go after anybody we want in the draft or via trade like any other team. Only Houston is stuck, not us. Unless Grier/Flores make a desperate move to save their own a$$e$.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabama View Post
    I love his video's, and like usual he's right on point here.

But.... Is anyone actually arguing FOR getting Watson and benching Tua? Like, everyone knows that's a horrible mistake to give up multiple 1sts and seconds for a guy who might go to jail and can't fix the play calling and poor drafting. I always thought that was just a media driven narrative and obviously our FO is interested, they've idiots. So of course they are.

I refuse to believe this is happening. Someone I know who "knows someone who works for the organization" claims they're offering up 3 firsts and 2 seconds +. It all sounds like a bunch of bs to me.

Deshaun Watson's legal trouble has not been resolved. A lengthy suspension lies in his future even if he's not convicted of anything. Roethlisberger was suspended without a conviction of any sort and that was during a completely different political climate. Watson's not even playing now. On top of that, he's got a big contract.

Based on those circumstances why would anyone give up a premium package for him? It makes zero sense. Yea, if you can get him for pennies on the dollar you consider it but this is nuts.

If they give up a monster haul for him I might not root for this team anymore.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

^^^^ heís not playing because he doesnít want to play for them. Iím sure the legal part is a major factor as well, but Watson has made it clear he will never play for Houston again.

Itís ridiculous to think that the Dolphins are not heavily interested in the trade. Itís been an entire offseason of this and they have done nothing to shoot down the rumors. Think about when X asked to get traded and Flo vehemently shot down the idea of trading for him.

The Dolphins want Watson. Thereís no point in guessing what the package is, but itíll be decent no matter what. No shot itís pennies on the dollar. Hopefully itís better than we think, but itís going to be a few picks at least.

Itís a matter of when and not if at this point. If the Dolphins really intended on waiting then they would have shut down these rumors months ago. Could have easily leaked to the media that they intend to give Tua the season and reassess after, but they didnít.

I would prefer sticking with Tua, but Iíll be happy with Watson as well. If you could give me the choice I would choose Tua and a new staff than Watson and another year of Grier/Flores. But it doesnít seem like that will be the case so no point in burying my head in the sand and ignoring it.

Btw for everyone who is ignoring all of these obvious signs, Jeff Darlington recently said on a podcast that Flores canít wait to get Tua out of the building. Compared their relationship to Elway and Tebow.

It would take a hell of a lot more for Tua to win this staff over than two decent games against two of the worst teams in the NFL. Again, not his fault, but itís clear that as long as Grier and Flores are here that they will more than likely look to replace Tua with Watson.

Btw for everyone who is ignoring all of these obvious signs, Jeff Darlington recently said on a podcast that Flores canít wait to get Tua out of the building. Compared their relationship to Elway and Tebow.

It would take a hell of a lot more for Tua to win this staff over than two decent games against two of the worst teams in the NFL. Again, not his fault, but itís clear that as long as Grier and Flores are here that they will more than likely look to replace Tua with Watson.
    No one is ignoring anything bruh, we know they are interested in Watson... They are just dumb for giving up massive draft capital for a guy who might not play in the NFL.

If we get him for a first and a third, then ok. Cool let's gooooooooo. He's worth it then and Miami will just **** those picks up anyway. I'm much more worried about them selling the farm and taking years to recover.

So I guess Grier drafted Tua without Flores' input. I can't believe that Flores wanted Tua then wants him gone that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    So I guess Grier drafted Tua without Flores' input. I can't believe that Flores wanted Tua then wants him gone that fast.
    Almost as hard as believing Grier went ahead with Tua despite Flores protesting. Something strange happened one way or the other. I think it's more likely they agreed on him but then realized they can't build the team he needs to succeed in time to save their own hides, so they are swinging for the fences on what they think is a quick fix in Watson. Won't work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Almost as hard as believing Grier went ahead with Tua despite Flores protesting. Something strange happened one way or the other. I think it's more likely they agreed on him but then realized they can't build the team he needs to succeed in time to save their own hides, so they are swinging for the fences on what they think is a quick fix in Watson. Won't work though.
    I tend to agree with this line of thinking. Either this was the first time that Grier forced a pick on Flores, or things just went south. And if Grier was willing to pick this moment to go against Flores, why is he all of a sudden agreeing with Flores that they need to be aggressive to get Watson?

I just donít see it as so black and white that Flores definitely hated Tua. I think Flores was ok with Tua, but was probably ok with Herbert as well. But then the opportunity to get a truly elite QB popped up who also wanted to specifically go to your team.

You see that the team tried to build around Tua, they just didnít do a good job of it. If Flores really hated Tua from the get go, he wouldnít have hired Frye or he wouldnít have stuck with Godsey and Studesville to help keep the communication going with Tua (he also probably couldnít have hired anyone better because everyone thinks heís a jerk).

It feels like Flores just has this intense idea of what a QB should look like. He wants the perfect leader who has that IT factor but the dude also has to create so much outside of structure and produce so many big plays by himself. Heís wanted Tua to be elite from day one or else he wouldnít have benched him twice. So now you have a coach who isnít even willing to give a young QB time to develop and learn while still showing growth.

Here is my 2 cents on the Tua/Watson situation.

I am not confident in Tua. I would say my confidence level on a scale of 1-10 of being successful is about a 3.5...I do however like him better now than I liked Tannehill in his 2nd year. I do fear that Tua will be injury prone, that seems to be a pattern with him. I just don't believe he can overcome his lack of arm strength to be a franchise QB while also staying healthy.

I hate to say it because Watson is still young and addresses the most important position on the field, and I usually believe you can fix other areas if you have a franchise QB, however when you add in the sexual assault charges, and that we have so many other glaring holes, I worry that trading so many high picks over the next 3 years for Watson whose future status is uncertain could be a hill we can't climb for the next 3 seasons.

I throw my hands up in the air not knowing what to do!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678