Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    From Jeremy Fowler.

Deshaun Watson update: Watson prepared to consider multiple options ó itís not Miami-or-bust ó and multiple teams remain interested.

Meanwhile, Carolinaís QB outlook has changed after ugly Giants loss. Panthers are expected to be players.

My biggest hope is the Panthers outbid Miami on Watson and we can avoid another disaster.

No, I'm not in love with Tua and Watson is heads and shoulders better, but the legal drama is a nightmare.... I don't want any part of it and he won't help us this year, outside maybe avoiding giving the Eagles a top 5 draft pick.

Stick with Tua for the year, fire everyone and see what the next GM and HC wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    When there is regression from your young players, then it is on the coaching 90%, 10% the player just not caring or tuning the coaching out. This staff cannot put their players in the positions to succeed. whether it's scheme, play-calling, film study . . . this staff gets out-coached every week.

I mean, hindsight is 20/20 right? Herbert > Tua. Wirfs > Jackson (could have easily traded up a couple spots for Wirfs). Anybody > Iggy (imagine taking jonathan taylor, or justin jefferson instead?) Chase/Pitts are in better schemes for them than Waddle (not saying they are better players yet). I still like Phillips and thought that was a slam dunk pick to be honest. So yeah Grier has blown the rebuild a little bit. Flo has blown the rebuild completely imo to be honest. Jettisoned KVN (not like he's great, but still) and Erick Flowers (could really use him) after one year, and did not replace them with equal or greater talent.

I put 40% blame on Grier, 60% on Flo, because I think Flo has say in players being drafted as well.

I cannot foresee X wanting to stay on this team past this year. So yeah, to me it doesn't matter if we can afford the guy. We are out of the playoffs, absolutely spiraling out of control at this point, and he is the biggest trade chip we have. trade him, period. desperation from other teams could net a 1st (if we eat cap), or a couple mid-rounders (2nd and 3rd?). Either way, if Ross intends to keep Grier and Flo, then let them get more assets for the draft. Besides, all I have to look forward to now is the draft anyways lol
    100% agree on the share of blame. Flores clearly wanted to make a super young team with little to no vet presence.

This team was built the exact way Flores wanted it to be built. No idea if each player added was the exact player he wanted, but he at least had say in each player added. At the end of the day Grier gets the criticism for the picks and FAs as he should. The good hasnít been good enough and the bad has been crippling.

But Iím not sure how you can watch this team week over week and say itís all just a talent issue. Obviously there are spots on the team that need to be rebuilt, but when you have guys like Geiscki getting out snapped by Smythe at times, or Waddle getting an ADOT of 7 yards, thatís on the staff.

I have no faith in half of these offensive lineman to develop, but with the coaching theyíve received I donít blame them for how bad theyíve been. Hell, Iím now super low on Tuaís chances but again how much is that just Tua being bad or the staff not helping him?

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    My biggest hope is the Panthers outbid Miami on Watson and we can avoid another disaster.

No, I'm not in love with Tua and Watson is heads and shoulders better, but the legal drama is a nightmare.... I don't want any part of it and he won't help us this year, outside maybe avoiding giving the Eagles a top 5 draft pick.

Stick with Tua for the year, fire everyone and see what the next GM and HC wants to do.
    Tua for 2022 and a new staff is the best option IMO but you canít force Tua on them if they donít want him. But Iíd love to see him with a new staff and then move on if need be in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Tua for 2022 and a new staff is the best option IMO but you canít force Tua on them if they donít want him. But Iíd love to see him with a new staff and then move on if need be in 2023.
    the 2022 draft does not have a franchise QB in it imo. it's the perfect off-season to get a new coaching staff and allow them a full season to see what Tua can do in their offense. we have 2 1sts in 2023, that's the draft to target a new QB in the draft should we need to.

But also if Tua continues to play 'well' this year, a new coaching staff can trade him in the off-season and they can go after someone they want to develop around. Maybe it's Russell Wilson? Maybe it's Watson? Maybe they blow their cap load on Rodgers?

it wouldn't bother me to be 'out-bid' by another team, cause i sure as poop do not want to give up three 1sts and a couple 2nds or 3rds to be honest, but then again, SF just gave up three 1sts for Trey Lance so . . . we can see why HOU isn't budging off their asking price. Watson makes us a perennial playoff contender and a fringe SB contender immediately though starting in 2022.

Tua isn't bad, but he's not exactly showing he can be a top 10 QB in the league neither. I believe he's in the mold of Baker Mayfield . . . he can be a game manager, and can win games with a solid running game, but cannot win games on his own. If we keep Tua, we need to beef up the OL and draft an actual legit RB. But Tua is not going to be worth $30M+ when his rookie deal is up. And that's the problem CLE is dealing with now. Mayfield thinks he's worth $40M+, but he's not. We could be staring that problem right in the face in a couple of years if we don't figure out what we want to do quickly at QB.

In other news, it seems like Baker avoided a bad knee injury and should be good to go this week.

Wish I could say that it looked like we missed him, but even with Roberts playing like ***, didnít feel like a major drop off.

Hey, at least the Niners pick is currently sitting at #10.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Hey, at least the Niners pick is currently sitting at #10.
    preach brother lol. as long as they continue their slide with us, it just won't matter at the end of the day. SF still has a chance to finish worse than us, especially with how the NFCW looks.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    preach brother lol. as long as they continue their slide with us, it just won't matter at the end of the day. SF still has a chance to finish worse than us, especially with how the NFCW looks.
    We could have both picks.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    We could have both picks.
    You're right. Would I have rather had D Smith and our 1st in 2022, sure. Do I think Waddle is going to be very good, sure. Hindsight is 20/20 If we all knew we'd be 1-6 then obviously we all would have wanted to stay at #12.

You're right. Would I have rather had D Smith and our 1st in 2022, sure. Do I think Waddle is going to be very good, sure. Hindsight is 20/20 If we all knew we'd be 1-6 then obviously we all would have wanted to stay at #12.
    No, this isn't hindsight. Many, many of us didn't like this move at the time and thought it was horribly risky.

It was, still is and looks downright awful right now given how good Pitts and Chase have been.

No, this isn't hindsight. Many, many of us didn't like this move at the time and thought it was horribly risky.

It was, still is and looks downright awful right now given how good Pitts and Chase have been.
    Then show me where you said we'd be 1-6 through the 1st 7 games. Thank You

Then show me where you said we'd be 1-6 through the 1st 7 games. Thank You
    I don't recall ever making such a claim.

But I do recall panning all these draft picks and people here telling me I don't know what I'm talking about and in Grier we trust.

Perhaps you're one of those people? No idea, but don't put words in my mouth about our record or things I've never said. Thank you.

So it 100% hindsight. Thank You for clarifying.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast