Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    PFN was the one that reported that unless Miami eats some of his cap they probably canít get more than a 3rd for X.

X is one of those difficult decisions I have right now. If I can get a first that would be tough to pass up on, but I doubt you get it.

But even if you get good value, are you going to draft someone even remotely close to his impact?
    But can you continue to have him eat up cap and rely on him when he continues to get banged up and also just isnít a consistent shut down CB? I know this season has been rough all around, but outside of 2020 X has never been a lock down guy and even in 2020 he had games like the Cardinals and Bills.

Itís the same with Parker. Good player, but you probably wonít get good value by trading him BUT canít continue to rely on him.
    Based on Griers draft history my answer would be no.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Based on Griers draft history my answer would be no.
    Exactly! So is it worth it to trade him? Iím asking because I legitimately donít know how I feel on it.

Obviously itís easy for me to say oh trade him and then take this guy, but thereís a damn good chance that the player they take isnít anywhere near Xís level. Could be another Jackson or Noah.

But at the same time having him on the roster means youíll obviously rely on him when he just isnít that good. So is it better to just rip the band aid off?

They can afford X. You can't just trade everyone away for picks and expect to get better. The sad reality is that we'd probably be better off with Tunsil right now.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Exactly! So is it worth it to trade him? Iím asking because I legitimately donít know how I feel on it.

Obviously itís easy for me to say oh trade him and then take this guy, but thereís a damn good chance that the player they take isnít anywhere near Xís level. Could be another Jackson or Noah.

But at the same time having him on the roster means youíll obviously rely on him when he just isnít that good. So is it better to just rip the band aid off?
    The only guys I would trade are guys you think you may not retain for next season. I wouldn't trade anyone just to hoard draft picks.

Oh my god imagine if they donít get Watson now that the Panthers are in on the trade?

You spent the entire offseason showing your rookie that you didnít want him, only to get sniped by another team and then youíre just stuck.

The Panthers may end up getting him but at least spent the offseason giving Darnold confidence. Meanwhile the Dolphins **** on Tua at every turn.

Jay Glazer

ďThey are still very heavily engaged with trade talks with the Miami Dolphins. What I am told this week is that another team actually called up just to inquire and the message the Texans are giving off is that you have got to beat Miamiís offer. So it looks like it is all heading towards that way. And I do also know that they are looking still for at least three first-round picks plus two additional picks for Deshaun Watson.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    They can afford X. You can't just trade everyone away for picks and expect to get better. The sad reality is that we'd probably be better off with Tunsil right now.
    We'd also be better off with Landry and Drake.

I get it, we're legit the Texans from last year. Losing not because of the QB, and without our own pick that is destined to be top 5.
    I think something is going to happen with Tua and Watson. Marino and Tua got together before the game, and it didn't look like a 'go get 'em kid!'. No smiles, no laughing. Like Marino knows something is going down. And Tua's press conference didn't help things to be honest. Will Tua be traded? I don't know. If we trade for Watson, does that mean Tua gets traded this season, or does he stay as well because we don't know if Watson will play this year?
    I don't want Flo as coach, period. His staff doesn't know how to help progress young talent at all.
    We are in no man's land right now and it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Jay Glazer
    If we trade for him, it's for 2022 for sure. He's not playing in 2021 at all for any team imo. We're just beating everyone to the punch. I think Tua stays the starter the rest of 2021 while still trading for Watson. How fricken awkward will that be? Lol

I big BAMA fan and big Dolphins fan, I think Tua and Mac Jones are going to be great quarterbacks in the NFL. Tell you the truth, I hope they do trade Tua maybe he'll go to a team that wants him and knows how to use him. Remember Ryan Tannehill He's doing pretty good for the Titans, maybe it's 'cause he's got a coach it knows how to build a roster around him.

In about two to three years if I'm wrong about Tua I'm gonna come in here and you can tell me what you want me to hear, but I think I'm gonna come in here and say I told you so.

^^^^yea we get it bud all of us kinda like Tua. We just lived through Tannehill and are tired of excuses.

Anyways 49ers lost so thatís cool. Seeing a lot of 9ths fans on the edge as well talking about how poorly the team drafts and how they need to blow it all up. Brings a tear to a manís eye.

What a huge difference a few weeks make. Finally.... So much for "Grier isnt bad at drafting, you don't know what you are talking about..." I used to get here weekly.

You asked me a few weeks ago to "take notes", so you can't back out of arguments we've had in the past. Would you like me to post those now?

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    What a huge difference a few weeks make. Finally.... So much for "Grier isnt bad at drafting, you don't know what you are talking about..." I used to get here weekly.

You asked me a few weeks ago to "take notes", so you can't back out of arguments we've had in the past. Would you like me to post those now?
    Holy **** get over yourself yes I agree with you now that the season has unfolded. I have consistently said for weeks now that his hits have t been good enough and his misses have been disastrous.

Itís not good enough. Thatís obvious. Still donít think heís as bad as a drafter as some may think but not good enough. I also still firmly believe that Flores is the bigger problem here and this isnít a talent issue.

Letís move on now.

Holy **** get over yourself yes I agree with you now that the season has unfolded. I have consistently said for weeks now that his hits have t been good enough and his misses have been disastrous.

Itís not good enough. Thatís obvious. Still donít think heís as bad as a drafter as some may think but not good enough. I also still firmly believe that Flores is the bigger problem here and this isnít a talent issue.

Letís move on now.
    Oh please, YOU get over yourself.

If you think I'm going to take your **** here for YEARS about our drafts and how much I'm wrong, and you expect me to just not say a damn word about it now? ****. Off.

Here's an idea, if you can't take any type of criticism, after you are very very wrong about something, then maybe dont be such a loud mouth anytime someone says something you don't agree with. Case in point, the last 3 or so drafts... I was slammed over and over for hating on our drafts, at least man up and have the balls to admit you were wrong. Christ.

When there is regression from your young players, then it is on the coaching 90%, 10% the player just not caring or tuning the coaching out. This staff cannot put their players in the positions to succeed. whether it's scheme, play-calling, film study . . . this staff gets out-coached every week.

I mean, hindsight is 20/20 right? Herbert > Tua. Wirfs > Jackson (could have easily traded up a couple spots for Wirfs). Anybody > Iggy (imagine taking jonathan taylor, or justin jefferson instead?) Chase/Pitts are in better schemes for them than Waddle (not saying they are better players yet). I still like Phillips and thought that was a slam dunk pick to be honest. So yeah Grier has blown the rebuild a little bit. Flo has blown the rebuild completely imo to be honest. Jettisoned KVN (not like he's great, but still) and Erick Flowers (could really use him) after one year, and did not replace them with equal or greater talent.

I put 40% blame on Grier, 60% on Flo, because I think Flo has say in players being drafted as well.

I cannot foresee X wanting to stay on this team past this year. So yeah, to me it doesn't matter if we can afford the guy. We are out of the playoffs, absolutely spiraling out of control at this point, and he is the biggest trade chip we have. trade him, period. desperation from other teams could net a 1st (if we eat cap), or a couple mid-rounders (2nd and 3rd?). Either way, if Ross intends to keep Grier and Flo, then let them get more assets for the draft. Besides, all I have to look forward to now is the draft anyways lol
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 10-25-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast