Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    With IQ Obi Fourn Burks shooting well RJ is going to have hard time staying on court if he keeps playing horrible for half the game going forward I don't think thibs is going to accept that nonsense anymore.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    What if Evan emerges as a consistent 20 pt a night scorer with great effeciency. What if Evan takes over the role of #2 this season with RJ being a effecient third scorer. Evan is in his prime for the duration of his deal and then would you need to acquire a third star or just acquire elite role players to be elite.
    I liked Fourny as much or more than pretty much everyone here. I was saying he should be a target all along. So I’m well aware of his game. That said, I like him more as a #3 guy in the pecking order, with the ability to give you better, but not “required”.

If we do that, I think we are legit, or close

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    What if Evan emerges as that but we also get a legit 2nd threat and now he's that in a 3rd role. Then you're a championship team

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Sure that's true, but what would you give up to improve ? I know that Leon Rose and staff think hard about value vs cost. Yet, if you were trying to get a second star like a Beal or Lavine you would have to give up RJ or Evan I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I liked Fourny as much or more than pretty much everyone here. I was saying he should be a target all along. So I’m well aware of his game. That said, I like him more as a #3 guy in the pecking order, with the ability to give you better, but not “required”.

If we do that, I think we are legit, or close
    Yes, that's ideal. But any trades to get that number 2 might cost us Evan and or RJ. What if Fournier simply emerges as the legit and consistent second option and RJ is a consistent 17 pt a game scorer. Would that free the team from having to get a legit star and be free to acquire elite role players to support Randall and Evan ? Could organic team development be enough. I think two stars are the future and big threes like what Brooklyn acquired will be more difficult to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    With IQ Obi Fourn Burks shooting well RJ is going to have hard time staying on court if he keeps playing horrible for half the game going forward I don't think thibs is going to accept that nonsense anymore.

Yes keep that up it only helps the team. Step it up, infact.

Yes, that's ideal. But any trades to get that number 2 might cost us Evan and or RJ. What if Fournier simply emerges as the legit and consistent second option and RJ is a consistent 17 pt a game scorer. Would that free the team from having to get a legit star and be free to acquire elite role players to support Randall and Evan ? Could organic team development be enough. I think two stars are the future and big threes like what Brooklyn acquired will be more difficult to acquire.
    Who knows. The fact it’s difficult to put together, means if you think you have a shot at it, you consider it really strongly

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Who knows. The fact it’s difficult to put together, means if you think you have a shot at it, you consider it really strongly
    I am not against a big trade. If it becomes available go for it. However, I am just saying sometimes other possibilities emerge. When Leon Rose came aboard the team sucked and the most logical steps to improve was to use free agency and major trades. Well we got MIP Randall and maybe we got an other in Evan who is hungry and talented enough to become a star at this time. Maybe Evan has gotten to a place where preparation and talent and team makes him primed for a breakout. Plus a talented hungry third year player like RJ is something Leon Rose did not anticipate when taking over. So now they bulk of the talent has been assembled. Plus the bench which I don't have to mention. Plus picks to tweak the roster or to trade for more talent. We are more advanced then Rose imagined when he arrived

He might only play the 3rd most mins in the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He might only play the 3rd most mins in the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He is emerging as a dependable two way player and that's all we can ask for.

Not with his defense

Sure that's true, but what would you give up to improve ? I know that Leon Rose and staff think hard about value vs cost. Yet, if you were trying to get a second star like a Beal or Lavine you would have to give up RJ or Evan I'm sure.
    I'm wondering if they're trying to allow Mitch to shine to trade him as his value grows

I'm wondering if they're trying to allow Mitch to shine to trade him as his value grows

As long as it's a good trade. But I am ok with him being a poor free throw shooter as long as he alters shots and grabs rebounds and is a vertical threat at contract that is good for the team. I hope he does not price himself off the team. If he does hope we can get a center that can approximate what he does in tandem with Noel. If we keep him then we go forward with a great second round pick.

I mean they know they're a star away from really competing so I assume they only trade Mitch if he can be a big piece in it, and save someone like RJ or IQ.

Ayton

But Ayton at least is a RFA so they can match whatever offer. And chances are Ayton probably won't take one year deal and bet on himself as it is just no guarantee he gets the 150-170M in free agency

It would be interesting to see if Ayton does end up getting a max deal or something close to it. If you're a big and can't hit the three, folks don't seem to think you're worth much.

That being said, it would be a big loss for Phoenix to lose Ayton and they wouldn't be nearly as good. The advantage he has over Robinson is that he can shoot accurately mid range and he does have post moves. He can make you pay if you try going small. Robinson, on the other hand, is an offensive liability and is not capable of making teams pay on the other end if they go small. Big difference. If Robinson can get 20 mil, then Ayton can get the max - from somebody.

You All are TRIPPING!!!!!!

Mitch is a game changer. Ayton is not that yet. Ayton is a good player but why are people acting like Mitch is some throw away?

Mitch hasn't even fully caught his wind and he still having an impact defensively and offensive boards.

Some people just don't know how to enjoy prosperity.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast