Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

10/23 Games #2 & #3 Knicks (1-0) @ Orlando Magic (0-1): There & back again

Coming off a 2OT thriller against the Boston Celtics (nice to finally see a New York team best a team from Boston), the New York Knicks take their hard hats & lunch pails to MCO International Airport and Micky Mouse country.
    The Orlando Magic are a very young, inexperienced team. After getting spanked by the San Antonio Spurs, they definitely showed it. Few positives. Orlando Center Mo Bamba rewarded the Magicís patience.
    Former Magic player, Evan Fournier returns to his former team with a new team. Coach Thibs knows the Knicks have an opportunity to get off to a good fast start to the season. The Magic are ripe for the taking.

Random thoughts:
    1. Kemba Walker had a wildly inconsistent debut at home. Gonna chalk that up to emotions. Kenna should rip through a very green Magic back court.

2. Evan Fournier is taking over as #2 option. RJ Barrett seems comfortable as the #3 option and defensive responsibility.

3. Mitchell Robinson vs Mo Bamba: Two very athletic big men. Should be exciting seeing two giants tangle.

4. Immanuel Quickley & Obi Toppin going in opposite directions: Not sure if the rule change on kick out jumpers was in Qís head. Quickley looked nothing like the player last season. Meanwhile Obi Toppin continues to show his play as a talking piece when it comes to minutes. No one wants their minutes cut and Toppin is driving the competition.

5: Iggy goes down: Yet another of GM Scott Perryís penny stocks will be playing for the Magic.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 10-21-2021 at 05:24 PM.

After one game we dismissing IQ as going in a negative direction ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Completely agree it is way too soon for that. Fournier was the "hot" shooter in game 1. Burks will have a big game. Drose. Kemba. IQ. That's why I love our depth. We don't have a traditional 1-2-3-4 pecking order. We have a 1 surrounded by at least 5 guys who could play like a #2 on any given night.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Dismissing is too strong. That means judgment.

If you READ the post the context was looking at direction. Performances ebb and flow. This is why there is discussion before, during, and between games.

The NBA specifically showed clips of Quickleyís kick out while shooting. Donít get butt hurt, James Harden and Trae Young were also used as examples as well. As I recall over the Summer, no one has said anything about Quickleyís game taking the next step.

The Knicks are deep. Very deep and playing time is very competitive. Ask Kevin Knox who received his 30th DNP from Thibs.

Playing time is worth gold on this team. Letís seeÖ

As I predicted we would win against Boston, I am going to say the Knicks will not register their third loss until December.

Enjoy the show!

Knicks...yeah y'all ain't no laughing stocks anymore and y'all have turned this ship around. New York stand up!!! Well y'all beat us in double OT and I gave y'all y'alls respect. Randle is basically the reason why this team is relevant again. Well not just him but RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson but Thibs, World Wide Wes and the crew they get my respect. They are succeeding in spite of Dolan.

But as far as the Magic y'all will beat them twice.

3-0 start

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I'm not worried about IQ's play so much but I think it's fair to be mildly concerned about his fit on this new team. Last year we needed a gunner and he helped us big time with his ability to sling it from deep. With Kemba and Fournier we aren't really desperate for that type of guard play. I think we might need a more "reigned in" IQ this year. I'm not sure what that type of IQ looks like. He's looked a little lost in preseason and game 1 was ugly. Obviously it's not time to sound any alarms but it's worth talking about IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I'm not worried about IQ's play so much but I think it's fair to be mildly concerned about his fit on this new team. Last year we needed a gunner and he helped us big time with his ability to sling it from deep. With Kemba and Fournier we aren't really desperate for that type of guard play. I think we might need a more "reigned in" IQ this year. I'm not sure what that type of IQ looks like. He's looked a little lost in preseason and game 1 was ugly. Obviously it's not time to sound any alarms but it's worth talking about IMO.
    I agree. He needs to understand this year he may have to take a step back for the team.

The ď6th manĒ spot is his once Rose is gone, but until then, he should just bide his time and keep trying to learn from Rose and Kemba.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Iím all in on Obi. Canít believe people wanted Hali over this guy.

*ducks*
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Iím all in on Obi. Canít believe people wanted Hali over this guy.

*ducks*
    You the man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You the man

Lol. In all seriousness, very happy to see Obi looking confident and more like the guy we saw at Dayton (with better defense). Once that shot comes around, itís going to be very interesting to see what his ceiling is.

Hali is still probably the better player right now, but Obi has done enough to make us not sweat the pick anymore.

i actually find myself agreeing with the good Dr., should have a parade lol......

I said this after summer league and preseason, IQ does need to look over his shoulder because Thibs loves our young two guards and especially our first round pick Grimes.

Grimes will bring more and better, tougher defense, height, can shoot it appears better than IQ and actually seems more under control.

So yea if IQ as the good Dr basically said continues on this path, look out for more and more from Grimes and if Grimes excels then IQ could find himself in a Knox, Frank type situation.

Personally I feel there are a couple vets that could be traded and IQ may be groomed for inclusion as well, depends on who is available, but my gut thinks if a player becomes available, Rose will be there in negotiations with contracts, young players and picks to dangle.

IMO, Rose and Grimes with Burks and Obi is not a bad thing.

Under or over 14 mins for Toppin tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast