Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ok then...

#1 in 3 attempts per game
    #25 in 3%
    #27 in FTA

so we can't make shots and don't get to the line. Not exactly a recipe for a strong offense..

Our offense is 3 guys taking turns going 1 on 5, with at least 2 of our players parked in the corner never moving. Our defense is better, effort wise, but with the chase the ball down attitude we have, which is common for young teams trying to figure out how to defend, we are out of position all the time. We have to be the worst team in the league in transition defense, we give up at least 5-6 uncontested buckets a game in that manner.

The offense is a joke, and bails the defense out, as they rarely need to rotate guys, and can build a wall to rebound. We crash the boards on offense, leaving transition defense to someone else.

This team is so frustrating to be a fan of. Seriously.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

also, DLo is clearly trying to break his own record for most dribbles per possession. If the guy isn't hitting every shot he takes, he is a complete liability. Turnovers, running down clock, can't defend, and does nothing but score in bunches. He is basically Anthony Peeler on a max deal.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Lol @ Wiggins destroying us. Iím convinced the problem is the T wolves Organization and not the players that struggle here. Deangelo is now a shell of him self and Wiggins is an all star.

Ya Dlo has not looked good, that trade is looking worse and worse. As I said at the time it was a risk and it seems to have not been worth it for what we got. He just isn't a great player.

Wiggins isn't an all star, gtfo. He is just doing to us what he used to do to Cleveland, having his career games against his old team. He will go back to sleep for the next 20 games, as usual routine.

D-Lo is very frustrating. We can't have him handling the ball at the rate he is, the only benefit you get from him consistently is off the ball when he catches in motion. Our offense is ridiculous, we go isolation every time down the floor, which in the NBA is the dumbest offense you can run, unless that guy is LeBron/Durant/Harden, etc. Ant will likely get there, but why on earth do we have Towns, a 6'10" center, running isolation out top? 4 players scored 89/110 points last night. Our role players are not playing well, but how can they be expected to when the only shots they get are far and few between, and typically on broken down plays?

The Rubio trade is looking stupid at this point as well. I am still all for getting rid of Wiggins at the price tag it cost, he literally almost killed my fanhood. But the offense needs to change, the ball needs to be moving, and we need to stop taking so many 3s and get to the basket a ton more.

some ol ****. No development, wasting guys careers, and putting a terrible product out there. And our guys keep acting like if they clean up a couple things we would win 70 games. Where does this entitlement come from? Wolves, ya suck, and until we have a complete leadership change, and adapt to our player strength versus force feeding a system without the right players, 22 win seasons will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Wiggins isn't an all star, gtfo. He is just doing to us what he used to do to Cleveland, having his career games against his old team. He will go back to sleep for the next 20 games, as usual routine.

D-Lo is very frustrating. We can't have him handling the ball at the rate he is, the only benefit you get from him consistently is off the ball when he catches in motion. Our offense is ridiculous, we go isolation every time down the floor, which in the NBA is the dumbest offense you can run, unless that guy is LeBron/Durant/Harden, etc. Ant will likely get there, but why on earth do we have Towns, a 6'10" center, running isolation out top? 4 players scored 89/110 points last night. Our role players are not playing well, but how can they be expected to when the only shots they get are far and few between, and typically on broken down plays?

The Rubio trade is looking stupid at this point as well. I am still all for getting rid of Wiggins at the price tag it cost, he literally almost killed my fanhood. But the offense needs to change, the ball needs to be moving, and we need to stop taking so many 3s and get to the basket a ton more.
    Lol, ya I know heís not an all star, but itís not a stretch to say he is now better than D LO. With that in mind, itís hard not to feel like the Wolves have a way of ruining talent.

Dlo just looks so bad out there, chucking up how many misses in crunch time last game? Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    ok then...

#1 in 3 attempts per game
    #25 in 3%
    #27 in FTA

so we can't make shots and don't get to the line. Not exactly a recipe for a strong offense..

Our offense is 3 guys taking turns going 1 on 5, with at least 2 of our players parked in the corner never moving. Our defense is better, effort wise, but with the chase the ball down attitude we have, which is common for young teams trying to figure out how to defend, we are out of position all the time. We have to be the worst team in the league in transition defense, we give up at least 5-6 uncontested buckets a game in that manner.

The offense is a joke, and bails the defense out, as they rarely need to rotate guys, and can build a wall to rebound. We crash the boards on offense, leaving transition defense to someone else.

This team is so frustrating to be a fan of. Seriously.
    I understand I'm a little late with this reply, but these things usually average out. We have a ton of 3pt shooters shooting under their career numbers, so It's bound turn around. As far as the defense goes, I always thought you were a man of stats, and the stats state that so far they have been above average on that end of the floor.

And this is for all of you. I absolutely hate how D'Lo get's **** on on every forum I visit. For some reason, the same advanced stats that people love to use to prove how good somebody is are all of a sudden not valid when we are talking about D'Lo. I will die on this hill, but I think D'Lo is underrated AF. Yes, he is a chucker, but he is a phenomenal contested jumpshot maker, not to mention that he has been providing the best defensive effort ever in his career this season.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I understand I'm a little late with this reply, but these things usually average out. We have a ton of 3pt shooters shooting under their career numbers, so It's bound turn around. As far as the defense goes, I always thought you were a man of stats, and the stats state that so far they have been above average on that end of the floor.

And this is for all of you. I absolutely hate how D'Lo get's **** on on every forum I visit. For some reason, the same advanced stats that people love to use to prove how good somebody is are all of a sudden not valid when we are talking about D'Lo. I will die on this hill, but I think D'Lo is underrated AF. Yes, he is a chucker, but he is a phenomenal contested jumpshot maker, not to mention that he has been providing the best defensive effort ever in his career this season.
    I could see it evening out some but we are taking more 3's in general so it might be partially due to that increased volume (so more may be contested etc. if forcing up more). The decline in FT attempts also is telling in that we may be attacking a bit less while settling for said 3's. We have a bit too much talent offensively imo to still be below average in offensive efficiency as a team and part of it might be working to attack the hoop more aggressively.

I do agree on the defensive point. I think this team not only looks improved and is showing more effort but it is also reflected in stats like drtg for the team. We are average this year on that end which may not sound like much but given how poor we usually are it's a big step.

I am not sure what advanced stats you mean. His PER and WS/48 are below Wiggins for example and his BPM is right about 0. Patrick Beverly has comparable advanced stats type on impact. I don't think any of those alone mean much but looking at his advanced stats in combination is showing an average type player. I feel like while he is good at contested jumpers, settling for those shots is an issue (especially if doing so in key moments and missing). He was shooting below 40% on the year going into tonight's game. I think the wolves probably overrated him due to his relationship to Towns when making that trade. People are holding him to a standard of what we hoped we were getting due to that trade I feel and he just hasn't lived up to it from that perspective. I do think the team has looked solid with him out there though despite what the stats say actually. Like using advanced stats is currently doing him a disservice imo, they don't help your point but they also aren't telling the whole story. If that's what you were getting at I can agree with that some.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I could see it evening out some but we are taking more 3's in general so it might be partially due to that increased volume (so more may be contested etc. if forcing up more). The decline in FT attempts also is telling in that we may be attacking a bit less while settling for said 3's. We have a bit too much talent offensively imo to still be below average in offensive efficiency as a team and part of it might be working to attack the hoop more aggressively.

I do agree on the defensive point. I think this team not only looks improved and is showing more effort but it is also reflected in stats like drtg for the team. We are average this year on that end which may not sound like much but given how poor we usually are it's a big step.

I am not sure what advanced stats you mean. His PER and WS/48 are below Wiggins for example and his BPM is right about 0. Patrick Beverly has comparable advanced stats type on impact. I don't think any of those alone mean much but looking at his advanced stats in combination is showing an average type player. I feel like while he is good at contested jumpers, settling for those shots is an issue (especially if doing so in key moments and missing). He was shooting below 40% on the year going into tonight's game. I think the wolves probably overrated him due to his relationship to Towns when making that trade. People are holding him to a standard of what we hoped we were getting due to that trade I feel and he just hasn't lived up to it from that perspective. I do think the team has looked solid with him out there though despite what the stats say actually. Like using advanced stats is currently doing him a disservice imo, they don't help your point but they also aren't telling the whole story. If that's what you were getting at I can agree with that some.
    D'lo leads this team in real plus/minus. The Wolves are 26.6 points per 100 BETTER when D'Lo is on the floor. Stop the PER nonsense, that stat has been proven to be less than reliable a long time ago. Obviously, plus/minus is very dependent on who are the other players, but as we all know, D'Lo is the first sub out and plays more than any of the other starters with the reserves, so that should be telling. Look, he hasn't shot well(no one has) and that takes away his biggest strength, but he has been much better at other things this year, like defending the point of attack and finishing at the rim. Last year, all I heard was how D'Lo is crap because his +/- was terrible. Now all I am hearing is that D'Lo is crap even though it's the opposite. ANT's PER is awful, but good luck convincing me of the fact that it matters more than when and how he scores.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

D'lo leads this team in real plus/minus. The Wolves are 26.6 points per 100 BETTER when D'Lo is on the floor. Stop the PER nonsense, that stat has been proven to be less than reliable a long time ago. Obviously, plus/minus is very dependent on who are the other players, but as we all know, D'Lo is the first sub out and plays more than any of the other starters with the reserves, so that should be telling. Look, he hasn't shot well(no one has) and that takes away his biggest strength, but he has been much better at other things this year, like defending the point of attack and finishing at the rim. Last year, all I heard was how D'Lo is crap because his +/- was terrible. Now all I am hearing is that D'Lo is crap even though it's the opposite. ANT's PER is awful, but good luck convincing me of the fact that it matters more than when and how he scores.
    Lol you were the one who brought up "advanced stats", I just shared them. I looked for RPM too but it didn't look like espn has that up yet with such a small sample. If you meant you wanted to look solely at on/off court stats that is fine but you can find other obvious examples of that stat being way off base too, it's flawed as well (I don't think Steph is leading Warriors for example...). I shared a mix of the advanced stats easily available because it went against what you said initially. I had no idea you were solely focusing on one stat that currently benefits dlo because you never said that until now.

As I also noted no single stat like that is overly meaningful by itself (that includes on/off). They tend to all give a general idea on players but have pretty big flaws, yes that definitely includes PER but it is not the only stat it applies to that's how many advanced stats work. If you want to say that one is worse, that's fine and I never said otherwise. Also Ant is tied with Dlo in PER now, I think it shows them as above average not really terrible. Also Ant has some efficiency issues himself which have held him back a bit, kinda like Dlo, so it makes sense their advanced stats are down due to that.

I don't remember people pointing at +/- as the sole gauge for Dlo ever tbh. I think many have noted his poor defense, dribbling the air out of the ball, and efficiency along with an overall look at stats a bit more. As I said some of those stats are doing him a disservice though, +/- seems to be overrating him though at the same time. At the end of the day he has been a bit disappointing imo when you take the overall look.

People LITERALLY pointed to D'Lo's league worst p/m last year and said that's why he sucks. I am not making it up. I would say look at the history of PSD, but PSD is dead. Go look at the Canis comment section, D'Lo is the most **** on player I've ever seen. I understand the D'Lo is flawed, but I would argue that he actually is quite good considering his physical limitations. He has also been passable on defense, thus far. I mean, if we can ship D'Lo for Simmons straight up, sure, fine, but would I take Wiggins and Kuminga for him right now - **** to the no.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

People LITERALLY pointed to D'Lo's league worst p/m last year and said that's why he sucks. I am not making it up. I would say look at the history of PSD, but PSD is dead. Go look at the Canis comment section, D'Lo is the most **** on player I've ever seen. I understand the D'Lo is flawed, but I would argue that he actually is quite good considering his physical limitations. He has also been passable on defense, thus far. I mean, if we can ship D'Lo for Simmons straight up, sure, fine, but would I take Wiggins and Kuminga for him right now - **** to the no.
    Well you can point to it as one of many stats but focusing solely on p/m is never smart. Same with any of those advanced stats. Looking at the comment section that seems kinda dead too, maybe I am in the wrong spot lol. I also highly doubt he is **** on as much as wiggins was for example.

I am not sure GS and their fans would want to trade Wiggins for him straight up, let alone add anything of value. It's interesting how they value him compared to how MN fans did. I am not too sure on Kuminga tbh though. We will see though, if Russell can continue to improve in areas he was poor (defense, dribbling a bit much at times, taking bad contested shots too often) it can still end up better. I just find him a bit disappointing overall like I said.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 11-24-2021 at 01:36 AM.

5 game win streak! The last time we could say that was when Butler was here....

I was wondering what would happen if we started to give Beasley some actual minutes to get into a routine. Turns out when he gets hot you just need to ride the wave. If he isn't scoring or contributing swap him out for Bev. But I feel like he REALLY deserved to start for our team. Having that shooter on the floor is something we desperately needed.

Vanderbilt has been damn impressive. I honestly just watch to see his hustle and energy! He has had a couple good 2 game stretches. I honestly think if he gets a bit bigger and stronger we could probably use him long term as our starting four.

McDaniels hasn't really progressed. His defense is good and his effort on rebounding has been better but he still isn't a major threat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast