Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    since this post, we are now:

#2 in 3PA
    #22 in 3P%
    #17 in FTA

defense has fallen 8 spots. We have now gone from +1.9 net rating to -1.5.

We are getting blown out nightly. The defense is no longer cohesive at all, breaking down routinely on the first drive/kick and we are letting teams set team records for 3's made. Guys are holding the ball on offense as usual, and Ant's typical stat line of 8-20/3-9/2-3 is becoming frustrating to understand. If he continues to be a chucker whose drives usually just put him in trouble, it is yet another player we failed to develop in the longest list any team has.

I haven't watched the last 2 games, and I see literally no reason to start watching again.
    since my last post:

#1 in 3PA
    #22 in 3p%
    #21 in FTA

defense has now stuck inside the top 10 for half a season, which blows my mind. As bas as we played in the stretch prior to my post above, our defensive effort, and results, have been great since. Our offense is still lacking big time, and I am not sure why Beasley is getting any minutes over Nowell at this point.

Ant has shot the ball better, but if he wants to take the next step as a complete scorer, he needs to get to the line 7-8 times a game. He still has 2 head scratching turnovers a game, but his potential is obvious. We just have to hope we develop it.

All in all, after the covid run hit our team, being .500 at this point is great. If we want to continue to play the offense we do, our guys need to hit a higher clip of 3's, but hopefully that comes.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Beverley, Vando, and even JMac have impacted this teams effort on defense so much. Hell even Russell/Ant are plus defenders.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

This is a decent team and they are fun to watch, but we seriously need to address the rebounding(or lack there off) from anyone on the roster not named Vando. ANT has to step up big time in that department. I feel like they need to make a move for a combo-forward who can rebound and defend. Not getting the calls - I just don't get it. Towns shot 11 shots in the paint last night and got 1, ONE FT attempt out of it, while whatever-whatever-jr shot 9.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    This is a decent team and they are fun to watch, but we seriously need to address the rebounding(or lack there off) from anyone on the roster not named Vando. ANT has to step up big time in that department. I feel like they need to make a move for a combo-forward who can rebound and defend. Not getting the calls - I just don't get it. Towns shot 11 shots in the paint last night and got 1, ONE FT attempt out of it, while whatever-whatever-jr shot 9.
    Ant is literally doing everything that we need him to be doing. He is being aggressive to find his shots and really has turned this team into his own. I'd say the burden of rebounding has been on towns. He has got his *** beat on the glass by Val and some of the other bigs. His defense has been better but his defensive rebounding has been flat out pathetic. Towns does tend to get fouled a lot and not get calls. He also needs to get better at passing as most teams now are electing to double him.

The real problem with this team is our bench is just flat out pathetic. Beasley has been just chucking 3's like crazy and hasnt made ****. It's great when they go in but these long 3's are leading to opponent fast breaks. He has had a lot of 0-7 and 1-7 4-16 type games. These are all dead offensive possessions.

We need to cash out and sell high on Josh McDaniels he has regressed massively and has done little on the offensive end. Him and Okogie are absolute zeros. Prince has a few moments but for the most part does nothing. Our starters are literally carrying this team.

We also need to give more time to Jaylen Nowell. I think he can be our 6th man off the bench and add firepower. He has shown capable of doing a variety of things.

I would like us to look into consolidating some of our under preforming bench talent and getting another legit defensive minded big off the bench that rebounds along with one more high octane offensive player. I would love to try to get Gary Harris from the magic if possible. Maybe try to grab Robin Lopez as well for a cheap backup big. Orlando would be a great trade partner as they have a ton of guards to consider and are not going anywhere. Or you can try to get Jeremy lamb from the pacers.

Hell I would even give Nathen Knight minutes again. He started to get into the groove and actually ****ing rebounded and played like an old school traditional big

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    This team since Rosas/Guptcha era has had a huge size/rebounding issue. Size and rebounding can be had for very cheap, and for whatever reason, the Wolves just seem to not want to address it.

2 guys I would like to see them go after in the trade market to help with this, are Derrick Favors, and Tristan Thompson. Favors has no point being on OKC right now, he could be had for very cheap. Tristan has almost no role on Sacto right now, but Sacto might not be willing to help a WC team out that they are currently competing with for a top 8 spot. Moses Brown also wouldn't be a bad guy to inquire about.

Even if you don't think you need that size and rebounding in your rotation, you should still at least have a guy deep on the bench who fits that mold. No excuse that the Wolves don't have anyone. Tacko Fall is currently a free agent who I think would have more use than someone like Layman, as a situational type player.

Just at least have that kind of option on the bench, even if you only use that player once every 10 games.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234