Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    5 game win streak! The last time we could say that was when Butler was here....

I was wondering what would happen if we started to give Beasley some actual minutes to get into a routine. Turns out when he gets hot you just need to ride the wave. If he isn't scoring or contributing swap him out for Bev. But I feel like he REALLY deserved to start for our team. Having that shooter on the floor is something we desperately needed.

Vanderbilt has been damn impressive. I honestly just watch to see his hustle and energy! He has had a couple good 2 game stretches. I honestly think if he gets a bit bigger and stronger we could probably use him long term as our starting four.

McDaniels hasn't really progressed. His defense is good and his effort on rebounding has been better but he still isn't a major threat.
    You forgot to mention that ANT is a BEAST! FIFY

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

That was a pretty good win, being .500 at this point is solid especially given where we started. We are currently ranked 5th in drtg. I am not sure it stays that high but the defensive side of the ball seems to clearly be where the improvements have come. I think it is a mix of effort, right role players, and coaching. It probably won't stay this highly rated but if we can stay around top 10 on that side of the ball it's a big step in the right direction.

Offensively we could use ant and dlo being a bit more efficient. Beasley as a spark plug needs to be a bit better too imo. I think we have the talent to eventually get into the top half of the league in ortg (currently 18th). I am fine with us being 3 pt heavy as opposed to being last in league or whatever but if we can get to the line a little more it would be helpful. We need to attack a little more when we space defenses out.

It's a pretty good start to the year all in all. Ant hasn't quite looked like he did to end last year but at the same time the potential is still there. Towns has played pretty well overall. It's not great but we have some talent and solid role players so we hopefully can keep it up. Last chunk of games have been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I understand I'm a little late with this reply, but these things usually average out. We have a ton of 3pt shooters shooting under their career numbers, so It's bound turn around. As far as the defense goes, I always thought you were a man of stats, and the stats state that so far they have been above average on that end of the floor.

And this is for all of you. I absolutely hate how D'Lo get's **** on on every forum I visit. For some reason, the same advanced stats that people love to use to prove how good somebody is are all of a sudden not valid when we are talking about D'Lo. I will die on this hill, but I think D'Lo is underrated AF. Yes, he is a chucker, but he is a phenomenal contested jumpshot maker, not to mention that he has been providing the best defensive effort ever in his career this season.
    I am now the one late to reply, as our defense the past 5 games has lifted us from 12th to 5th overall. Look, the effort is there, but our transition defense went ghost for 3 weeks, but has since returned. I am not certain the impact of Bev/Vando/Jaden can be measured just yet, but they have the rest of the team buying in. The issue, as always, will be consistency. 17 of the next 20 are against real teams. Let's see where that defensive rate sits then..

DLo...haha. Look, when he is scoring efficiently, he is fine. The issue is, he has the eternal green light to take 18 footers even when not hitting, and unfortunately, when he isn't scoring well, he offers nothing else. A one dimensional, inconsistent scorer who dribbles the air out of the ball is frustrating from one game to the next. His defense is below average, but sure, at least he isn't melting away on a pick and allowing the defense to go against 4 this year (again, perhaps the Bev/Vando/Jaden impact). Russell is absolutely having his strongest defensive season. But he is also having his most inefficient season. My gripe is, when he isn't hitting, get the ball out of his hands immediately, and stop letting him run the offense into a grind.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

offensively, we are still shooting way too many 3s with the players we have, and not getting to the line enough. Ant specifically needs to use his gifts and get his FTR above 30%. It's ridiculous he isn't living at the line with his burst. Beasley waking up, and Ant finally starting to make a few, has moved us to:
    #1 in 3PA
    #20 in 3% (up 5 spots from my last post regarding this)
    #24 in FTA

going in the right direction. But a lot of work to do to become even a passable offense. Our D is literally winning us games so far, and that scares me haha

The last 6 games have been fun though. If this defensive effort keeps up, and we can be even average offensively, a winning record is attainable.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I know oefarmy is pumped after that one, dlo killed it when needed. Too bad we lost to Hornets but that was a nice bounce back win.

6. Today, 11:43 AM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123