Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Timberwolves Opening Night

I figured I would get our first game thread posted!

Opening night tonight vs the rockets!

I'm super excited to see our team at full strength at the start of this season. Let's see how we all play together. Very good chance to start 1-0

This whole forum section is beyond dead. Good win tonight. Spanked them like we should have. I can't conclude anything from this game because it was pretty much a final preseason game. I think in a couple of years the Rox will be quite good.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Ya I didn't catch the entire game but it seemed like a good win. Nothing special given the opponent but nice to see us show up like we should to start the season (agree with oefarmy they have young talent that could be good in future).

Ant looks like he is starting where he left off last year, KAT was good too. Russell and those two are clearly the focal points for us offensively this season.

What on earth were the refs doing in the last game? For once i was agreeing with KAT
    Last edited by silverson; 10-27-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Ya it was poorly officiated, I agree. Still we should have played better though.

Ants comments after that game seemed to have caused a stir. I see it kinda like other wolves fans I have seen, I like it. I think hes our future/face of franchise sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya it was poorly officiated, I agree. Still we should have played better though.

Ants comments after that game seemed to have caused a stir. I see it kinda like other wolves fans I have seen, I like it. I think hes our future/face of franchise sooner than later.

And then he goes to shoot 9-24 after talking about passing it more, lol. Man, that's a Wiggins statline if I've ever seen one. He is obviously a much better talent mentally than Wiggins, but still. We won because D'lo actually shot the ball well enough.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

3-1 is great! However, we damn near fell apart the last few minutes of the game. We need to keep intensity up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    And then he goes to shoot 9-24 after talking about passing it more, lol. Man, that's a Wiggins statline if I've ever seen one. He is obviously a much better talent mentally than Wiggins, but still. We won because D'lo actually shot the ball well enough.
    Dlo has been hot garbage this year for us.

ear
    Team
    GP
    Min
    Pts
    FG%
    3pt%
    Reb
    Ast
    Stl
    Blk
    Timberwolves

Towns also needs to decide that he WANTS to rebound the ball. Watching him jump up and down and throw a tantrum with the pelicans was pathetic. Val was litterally kicking our ***** all night long on the boards and had a ton of fancy moves. It's a shame that his team really wasnt there for him when they lost the first time for us. I honestly felt like towns was an 8th grader playing against a real man. He just simply got dominated.
    Last edited by Twolves88; 10-28-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Ya but ant was better than Wiggins still and at least finished strong. Hes young still, I like his overall attitude more too. I think he keeps developing.

I like how the team responded overall, even if we did kinda sleep for a minute at the end to let them back. Overall showed a lot of fight throughout the game.

Ya but ant was better than Wiggins still and at least finished strong. Hes young still, I like his overall attitude more too. I think he keeps developing.

I like how the team responded overall, even if we did kinda sleep for a minute at the end to let them back. Overall showed a lot of fight throughout the game.

I am not comparing ANT to Wiggins, except for a single game statline. I think ANT is a future HOFer and Wiggins is Wiggins. It's just the irony of him talking about passing it more and then taking 24 flipping shots.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Dlo has been hot garbage this year for us.

ear
    Team
    GP
    Min
    Pts
    FG%
    3pt%
    Reb
    Ast
    Stl
    Blk
    Timberwolves

Towns also needs to decide that he WANTS to rebound the ball. Watching him jump up and down and throw a tantrum with the pelicans was pathetic. Val was litterally kicking our ***** all night long on the boards and had a ton of fancy moves. It's a shame that his team really wasnt there for him when they lost the first time for us. I honestly felt like towns was an 8th grader playing against a real man. He just simply got dominated.
    Except until he was not this last game and is probably the biggest reason we beat the Bucks. He set the tone early and gave us a 10 point lead damn near by himself(well and ANT) in the first quarter. He also had some clutch plays in the 4th to keep them at bay. I absolutely hate how undervalued D'lo is by most fans of the league. Blame him for when he is trash, but then also give him credit when credit is due.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Except until he was not this last game and is probably the biggest reason we beat the Bucks. He set the tone early and gave us a 10 point lead damn near by himself(well and ANT) in the first quarter. He also had some clutch plays in the 4th to keep them at bay. I absolutely hate how undervalued D'lo is by most fans of the league. Blame him for when he is trash, but then also give him credit when credit is due.
    The problem is we haven't exactly seen good Dlo on the wolves. We have had injured inconsistent Dlo.
    His stats last year were ok but not what we should expect for what we traded off to obtain him. HE honestly didn't have an impact until very late into the season. If anything we need to give Beasley credit he is our biggest X factor. If he plays well we become VERY hard to beat.

Ant has seemed to be very streaky with his shooting. If he makes one its going to be a long night of him making impossible shots. Sometimes he doesn't find his stroke though like against the pels. Then he can start to get a hot like crazy in one quarter. Once his shot mechanics get more consistent he will completely take over the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Ant has seemed to be very streaky with his shooting. If he makes one its going to be a long night of him making impossible shots. Sometimes he doesn't find his stroke though like against the pels. Then he can start to get a hot like crazy in one quarter. Once his shot mechanics get more consistent he will completely take over the game.
    He needs to start drawing waaaaaaay more shooting fouls. Dude is built to draw contact and finish, which is part of what excites me so much about him. If he keeps getting fancy at the rim and avoiding contact while increasing his shot difficulty on drives, that is a problem. He also has it backwards- he shouldn't be jacking 3s to open up the driving lane, he should be driving to open up easier 3 opportunities.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

We have come back down to earth in a big way. Looking at our losses here you can clearly see the flaws of this team. Our defense is all about hustle and its not something we seem to want to do on a nightly basis.

Zones are screwing up or rythm. Once the pelicans and other teams started to play zone and pack the paint our woeful three point shooting comes up. We also tend to fall in love with this shot and not drive.

Ant is waiting too long to drive. Often times he has a clear lane but just stands for a few seconds letting the defense get to him. If he would have in his head survey and then drive in a quicker order his efficiency and scoring would increase. He can literally beat anyone to the basket but he needs to make this decision faster.

Dlo- honestly if we want to swap him for simmons I would be all for it. He really hasnt fit in with this team and hasnt been consistent. He seems nowhere near the all star we traded 2 first rounders for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast