Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yankees forced to make hard Gleyber Torres, Gary Sanchez decisions

Yankees forced to make hard Gleyber Torres, Gary Sanchez decisions
    By Dan Martin
    October 19, 2021 10:34pm Updated

Gleyber Torres is out at shortstop and Gary Sanchez’s future is uncertain behind the plate.

Instead of being trusted parts of the Yankees’ core, both will be under scrutiny, with Brian Cashman saying Tuesday that the Yankees will be in the market for a new shortstop this offseason after the team shifted Torres back to second base in the final month of the regular season.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/19/yankee...hez-decisions/

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I will guess that Torres will be the starting 2nd baseman next year and Sanchez will be the catcher.

I hope I am very wrong about that and that at least one of them is gone and I would prefer that to be Sanchez. I believe Torres can be a good 2nd baseman with the right influence

With that said, if you move Torres and sign Rizzo, DJ can play second and if you got Seager, you change the lineup a bit.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I will guess that Torres will be the starting 2nd baseman next year and Sanchez will be the catcher.

I hope I am very wrong about that and that at least one of them is gone and I would prefer that to be Sanchez. I believe Torres can be a good 2nd baseman with the right influence

With that said, if you move Torres and sign Rizzo, DJ can play second and if you got Seager, you change the lineup a bit.
    I completely agree about Torres, his current value is to low and he has proven to be to good in the past to trade at his lowest value. The Reds offered us Castillio straight up for Torres last winter and most of us laughed. How many wished they had taken that deal now?

After he moved back to 2nd, he looked like a completely different player. If they got an good offer for him i would have no issue trading him but i wouldn't trade him for a couple of low end specs.

If Gary is back it;s only because they couldn't find what they consider a better option. I think they are going to give Sands a shot a the backup role but i think we see a different starting C next yr, IMO If they are going to prioritize better defense and getting more LHed, behind the plate would be a good start IMO

Too soon to move Torres. I think he's earned and deserves an opportunity to perform under more conducive conditions (full season at 2B). Being the starting SS got in his head. Time to sink or swim, but I believe he's earned the opportunity.

Sanchez. meh. I really don't care. My concern is finding a replacement that is better and affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Too soon to move Torres. I think he's earned and deserves an opportunity to perform under more conducive conditions (full season at 2B). Being the starting SS got in his head. Time to sink or swim, but I believe he's earned the opportunity.

Sanchez. meh. I really don't care. My concern is finding a replacement that is better and affordable.
    agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

this next year coming up is it for torres if he does not find his power bat get rid of him and gary will be back catching next year cashman is all talk and will not do much

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    this next year coming up is it for torres if he does not find his power bat get rid of him and gary will be back catching next year cashman is all talk and will not do much
    What if Torres plays above average defense at 2nd and hits .300/.350 with 10-15 hrs?

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    What if Torres plays above average defense at 2nd and hits .300/.350 with 10-15 hrs?
    Not enough power!!

Smh

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

the only time torres has played above average defensively was his rookie year.. since then he has been negative on defense..torres has never hit close to 300 .. 10-15 home runs is unacceptable.. you are asking for a miracle from gleyber this year..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the only time torres has played above average defensively was his rookie year.. since then he has been negative on defense..torres has never hit close to 300 .. 10-15 home runs is unacceptable.. you are asking for a miracle from gleyber this year..
    Answer the question

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Answer the question
    You're asking way too much

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post

TMML, so true though

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post

I was hoping for, "seek and ye shall find". But instead it was, "ask and he shall hide"

Ignorance is bliss

This is my guess as well, but it really shouldn't be this way. We need a GM willing to let go of players that aren't performing or meeting expectations. This team can't afford 13 million of dead weight and that's what Gary and Gleyber represent to me. Furthermore, their trades have the potential to bring in chips or actual starters in the future. I know some ppl here don't want to give up on Gleyber, but I think we just have to accept he's just not very good. Players who drop off the face of the earth, after starting extremely strong, don't typically recover. I don't recall the last position player to overcome this, but anyone is welcome to mention any, if they exist. With Volpe and Peraza potentially being ready by mid season and Cabrera possibly being ready out of spring training there's very little time left to waste experimenting with Gleyber. Not to mention losing out on any cheap FA middle infielders who could possibly do much better than Torres.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    This is my guess as well, but it really shouldn't be this way. We need a GM willing to let go of players that aren't performing or meeting expectations. This team can't afford 13 million of dead weight and that's what Gary and Gleyber represent to me. Furthermore, their trades have the potential to bring in chips or actual starters in the future. I know some ppl here don't want to give up on Gleyber, but I think we just have to accept he's just not very good. Players who drop off the face of the earth, after starting extremely strong, don't typically recover. I don't recall the last position player to overcome this, but anyone is welcome to mention any, if they exist. With Volpe and Peraza potentially being ready by mid season and Cabrera possibly being ready out of spring training there's very little time left to waste experimenting with Gleyber. Not to mention losing out on any cheap FA middle infielders who could possibly do much better than Torres.
    I would add that Volpe and Peraza are both righties. If you move Torres for a lefty bat, and signed a lefty bat for first, you can really change the lineup to a more balance one.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast