Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kings inform Marvin Bagley heís out of rotation, agent responds

"Sacramento has informed Marvin Bagley he is not in the opening night rotation, which is completely baffling. It's clear they have no plans for him in the future, and yet, passed on potential deals at last year's deadline and this summer based on "value." Instead, they chose to bring him back but not play him, a move completely contradictory to their "value" argument. This is a case study in mismanagement by the Kings organization.".
    https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fas...in-a-statement

This is really weird. Thoughts?

I think the Kings should be sold and move to Seattle.

They shpuldve traded him for like a late 1st or something.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fas...in-a-statement

This is really weird. Thoughts?

I think the Kings should be sold and move to Seattle.
    Really that's your conclusion based on this this piece of news? Agent is just angry cause Bagley won't hit the GS requirement to receive the max QO.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Really that's your conclusion based on this this piece of news? Agent is just angry cause Bagley won't hit the GS requirement to receive the max QO.
    I'm half joking. I know it's impossible with the new arena, but they've been horrible for a while and got out of bed with a dog just to jump in with a pig. Randive and all the decisions they've made seem to be mostly the wrong moves.

Bagley seems lost on defense, and probably should not be starting, but to take him out of the rotation it's absolutely absurd.

Just cut your losses. There are a few teams who would take a chance on him.

Theyíre committed to Holmes at the 5, have Thompson as a back up veteran big. Bagley and his dad + agent havenít been happy with the Kings since last year. Truth is, heís not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Theyíre committed to Holmes at the 5, have Thompson as a back up veteran big. Bagley and his dad + agent havenít been happy with the Kings since last year. Truth is, heís not that good.
    Is he so bad that they couldn't try to trade him?

He'll be paid $11.3M to rot on the bench.

Send him to the Cavs.

They need a few big men.

I mean he just sucks. He needs to go to a good team with a good coach and development system to see if he has anything in there cause right now he is just going to be in china in a few years

Bagley is a bust like let's just accept it...he ain't even that good...he is trash

Part of Bagleyís problem is the Kings drafted him for need rather than BPA and then never attempted to develop him, instead just bringing in competition non-stop. I also can 100% buy the telling him he was too valuable to trade then do nothing too with the way the Kings are sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can now say it. I criticized the Kings hard for firing Joerger and going after Walton.

The big thing was Joerger didnít play his young guys. But they were the most competitive Kings team since Malone his last year.

In this forum, I was in the minority saying they ****ed up. Joerger reminds me a lot of Malone. Getting ****ed over by an incompetent front office. He doesnít just gift young players playing time. He puts guys in positions to succeed.

Joerger put the most competitive team out in Sacremento and gets canned for ****ing Walton. Bagley who Kings fans complained about not starting also had his best year under Joerger, and now he isnít even part of the rotation. I believe Bagley would of progressed under Dave. I think we can say with certain Walton never deserved a head coaching job.

Bags is not without sin, he hasnít improved, but the Kings show time and time again they have the worst front office in the league. Imagine they stick with Malone, a guy that is elite at developing talent and a prime Boogie that liked Malone?

During the years of being an NBA fan there has been SO MUCH talent wasted in Sacto. Not that Bagley is great, but great potential on bad teams results in huge wasted potential. Teams have to build to develop players, they can't just assume it will work.

On the bright side, Fox and Haliburton and Mitchell are the "right" kind of players so they have a chance ... or they could screw them up too.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I can now say it. I criticized the Kings hard for firing Joerger and going after Walton.

The big thing was Joerger didnít play his young guys. But they were the most competitive Kings team since Malone his last year.

In this forum, I was in the minority saying they ****ed up. Joerger reminds me a lot of Malone. Getting ****ed over by an incompetent front office. He doesnít just gift young players playing time. He puts guys in positions to succeed.

Joerger put the most competitive team out in Sacremento and gets canned for ****ing Walton. Bagley who Kings fans complained about not starting also had his best year under Joerger, and now he isnít even part of the rotation. I believe Bagley would of progressed under Dave. I think we can say with certain Walton never deserved a head coaching job.

Bags is not without sin, he hasnít improved, but the Kings show time and time again they have the worst front office in the league. Imagine they stick with Malone, a guy that is elite at developing talent and a prime Boogie that liked Malone?
    The Kings ruin coaches just like they ruin players.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post

Its ok man, there is a silver lining. Holms is going to have a really nice season for you guys. Tristan Thompson will be a nice defensive big to have as a depth 5 behind him, you guys wont miss Bagley at all.

Im glad they stood pat on making trade for Simmons. They have solid vets in Barnes, Thompson, Hield whos experience will help the young core. Fox, Haliburton, Hield, Barnes, Holms, Mitchell, Davis, Thompson will be a nice 8 man rotation.

They just need to stick with the development of their young guys, gain some continuity, and continue building. I think the team is finally headed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    During the years of being an NBA fan there has been SO MUCH talent wasted in Sacto. Not that Bagley is great, but great potential on bad teams results in huge wasted potential. Teams have to build to develop players, they can't just assume it will work.

On the bright side, Fox and Haliburton and Mitchell are the "right" kind of players so they have a chance ... or they could screw them up too.
    its important to have a good development program in place. Also they messed up picking Bagley 2nd overall in the first place, which is likely due to their scouting. Even with out hindsight I remember players like Doncic, Trae Young had way more appeal than someone like Bagley. They went with need which is not the smartest thing for a rebuilding team. A team that lacks talent should always go for BPA and not need. They went with need and passed up on players with super star potential. And when you consider hindsight they passed on players like SGA, MPJ, JJJ etc. It was probably one of the worst lottery picks in recent memory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast