Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Week 7 Green Bay Packers (5-1) vs Washington Football Team (2-4)

Week Seven

VS

Sunday, October 24th at 1:00PM EST/ 12:00PM CST

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Taylor Heinicke, QB #4 1390 Yards / 9 TD 6 INT / 63.6 CMP% / 86.9 QB Rating
    Aaron Rodgers, QB #12 - 1436 Yards / 12 TD 3 INT / 65.6 CMP% / 101.3 Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Antonio Gibson, RB #24 - 357 Yards / 89 Carries/ 4.0 YPC/ 3 TD
    Aaron Jones, RB #33 - 385 Yards / 83 Carries/ 4.6 YPC/ 2 TD

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Terry McLaurin, WR #17 - 33 Catches / 428 Yards / 3 TD
    Davante Adams, WR #17 - 46 Catches / 668 Yards / 2 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Ricky Seals-Jones, TE #83 - 12 Catches / 137 Yards / 2 TD
    Robert Tonyan, TE #85 - 11 Catches / 92 Yards / 1 TD

Defensive Line

~VS~

Jonathan Allen, DE #93 - 24 Tackles / 3.0 Sacks / 0 PD / 0 FF
    Kenny Clark, DE #97 - 26 Tackles / 3.0 Sacks / 0 PD / 0 FF

Linebacker

~VS~

Cole Holcomb, LB #58 - 58 Tackles / 1.0 Sacks/ 2 PD / 1 INT / 2 FF
    De'Vondre Campbell, LB #59 - 55 Tackles / 0 Sacks / 2 INT / 3 PD

Defensive Back

~VS~

Landon Collins, S #4 - 38 Tackles / 0 INT / 0 PDEF / 0.0 Sack / 0 FF
    Eric Stokes CB #21 - 20 Tackles / 1 INT / 7 PDEF / 0 Sack

Kicker

~VS~

Dustin Hopkins, K #3 - 12 FGM / 14 FGA / 10 XPM / 12 XPA
    Mason Crosby, K #2 - 11 FGM / 14 FGA / 15 XPM / 16 XPA

Click For More Stats

This game is going to be an interesting one. WFT is a better team than what their record shows. The defensive front is solid, Heinicke has flashed some potential. Couple good young WRs. I just hope GB isn't looking ahead to the Arizona and KC games and blows this one.

Agree on that last part. I dont think WFT is good though. All but one of their wins last year was against teams that picked in the top 12 picks in the draft. The 1 that wasn't was against a Pitt team that melted down after that.

Their front 7 has been bad this year, but they have talent on their defensive front, so it's always possible something clicks. Their offense is very average and McLaurin is really the only big plus player on that team. But it's absolutely a potential trap game. We are very much the better team, but it remains to be seen if we actually play like the better team.

Definitely trap game but if we subdued then bears front 7 this one doesnít scare. I wanna see a game where we actually play good in the first quarter. Come on and stomp these guys and put them away. MLF needs to get back to what we were doing last year early.

Our OL getting healthier each week gives me confidence we wonít have issues.

This game is basically a must win considering what the rest of our schedule looks like after this game. We have maybe two ďeasyĒ games left out of the last 10 games. We will definitely find out what we have with this team from here on out cause Iím still not fully bought in yet. I do like what gute has done with the resent signings tho. Itís obvious that the defense and offensive line are the weak points of this team but I fully expect the OL to be just fine once it gets healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    This game is basically a must win considering what the rest of our schedule looks like after this game. We have maybe two ďeasyĒ games left out of the last 10 games. We will definitely find out what we have with this team from here on out cause Iím still not fully bought in yet. I do like what gute has done with the resent signings tho. Itís obvious that the defense and offensive line are the weak points of this team but I fully expect the OL to be just fine once it gets healthy.
    Well Iíd disagree with that comment on the OL. It is quite possibly from top to bottom the best group of OL in the league. They are protecting very well for not having the top guys pretty much all year. Iím in Aw. Two three years ago and Rodgers would be black and blue. Not anymore. These guys are incredible.

The defense is a problem currently but if we could get healthy which we seem to be getting back a few starters this week I think itíll be fine. If we get Z and JA back by year end we could be in great shape. Weíve bent quite a bit but we havenít quite broke all the way on D. Iím cautiously optimistic

The biggest thing with the OL is I think Rodgers has just gotten a whole lot smarter over the years about recognizing where the rush is coming, knowing where to slide the protection to, which way to roll and knowing when heís gotta get rid of the ball quick. He used to be pretty stubborn about this, but youíd see him make the shift late in the year when it was crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Well Iíd disagree with that comment on the OL. It is quite possibly from top to bottom the best group of OL in the league. They are protecting very well for not having the top guys pretty much all year. Iím in Aw. Two three years ago and Rodgers would be black and blue. Not anymore. These guys are incredible.

The defense is a problem currently but if we could get healthy which we seem to be getting back a few starters this week I think itíll be fine. If we get Z and JA back by year end we could be in great shape. Weíve bent quite a bit but we havenít quite broke all the way on D. Iím cautiously optimistic
    3 sacks in the game already. I like the unit but itís not the best in the league. I feel like they could possibly get back to that top level once healthy tho.

3 sacks in the game already. I like the unit but itís not the best in the league. I feel like they could possibly get back to that top level once healthy tho.
    To be fair, there's a ton of talent on the Washington front. They've struggled so far this year but allen and young are studs and sweat is pretty good.

Either way, hopefully DB is back soon and Jenkins can slide to C. Lucas Patrick is not great. He's a good bench guy that can pmay all 3 interior spots in a pinch, but ideally he doesn't need to play more than a few snaps for injuries.

the only big issue I have been having with the Oline is the run blocking. it seems like they aren't opening any holes for the backs to get through.

Defense is really getting hit with the injuries. Douglas has looked ok. Mercilus seemed to be getting some pressure but, seemed to get wiped out other times. Jaylon Smith should have had a sack. Lowry seems to have turned it on the last couple of games.

Oh ok so you agree with my ďtop to bottomĒÖ Iím not saying they are the top as is. When we are healthy with our depth we are honestly quite easily the best group top to bottom in the NFL.

Defense really played well. Against a bad offenseÖ but Iíll take it. We are slowly getting healthy and I think this team can continue to get better. Tough game Thursday. Real tough game.