Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 1,036 to 1,043 of 1043
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Again, what incentive do they have to trade Simons here just to land Zach? Why would Simons want to be here to have to share time with Lonzo, Demar, Ayo, Caruso, and White? What incentive does it give Portland to facilitate a trade of Simons to us when we are the team in position to lose Lavine for nothing.

Now ask yourself, How does Portland get better with trading away there young asset just to land someone they can outright sign? Then ask if you were a fan of Portland would you be okay wasting that asset? Or would you rather say hey Chicago you are losing Lavine for nothing. We will give yall a 18.5 mill trade exception and a future first so you don't just lose him. Then Let Simons find a team and work something out.

How many times has a unrestricted FA been sign and traded for a RFA. Ill wait? It has nothing to do with wanting to be right. You are just upset that someone called it out for being unrealistic.

Would i like Simons? yea sure. Is there a realistic way that he could end up here? no.
    Simons wouldnít be worried about PT. Heíd be taking Lavineís spot. White might not even be here.

Also the Trail Blazers actually canít just sign Lavine outright like you keep suggesting. They can potentially with a lot of maneuvering and renouncing of players that includes simons. They have a trade exception from the mccolloum trade that they would also lose if they got under the cap to give Zach a contract. you really arenít right about anything in your assessment of a potential Lavine to the blazers deal.

2021-2022 Trade and Acquisitions Discussion

Last edited by Stunner; Yesterday at 08:31 PM.

If Lavine is not a Bull next year, that is a massive failure on AK and MEs part. That significantly sets us back a couple years.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    If Lavine is not a Bull next year, that is a massive failure on AK and MEs part. That significantly sets us back a couple years.

Only if we get nothing out of it. But to be honest, it wonít be the end of the world of he leaves, and it could turn into a blessing. I just donít trust his knees, and Iím not sure heís capable of lifting us to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post

Incentive for Portland? Land Zach who is most definitely going to want that extra year at a huge price market due to his health concerns in regard to longevity.

Portland canít just sign simons if he accepts an offer sheet and then trade him for over a year because heís a restricted free agent so they either send him somewhere he wants to go or lose him for nothing. (Just like you keep saying Portland doesnít need to send us anything for Lavine, same goes for any team that offers simons a contract they donít need to help Portland in any way if they can sign him outright)

Portland is not going to pay 100 mil for 3 guards that donít do much else but score Espcially when they donít have a roster past those 3 guys after that.

The blazers need to appease lillard so they need to build a roster and 3 guards eating up 80% of their cap is asinine.
    Sure even if he wants that it wont cost them making Simons part of a sign and trade. I didn't say they had to keep him. He is a RFA which means they have the right to match any offer he receives.

Simons would want to come here because 1 itís one of the biggest markets, he immediately gets to step onto a team on the verge of contending and fill Zach lavines role as a starter. (The luxury of having lonzo as your point guard because heís big and can guard 1,2,3 so simons wonít have to guard sg) Yes we have lonzo, ayo, Caruso but none of those guys have the scoring or star potential simons has in terms of upside (white will be gone so heís a nine factor in the future rotation). Also he may be able to squeeze a couple extra bucks out of the bulls since we will desperately need to fill Zachís roll on this team.
    You are assuming White will be gone. And if Zach Leaves im sure we move Demar to the sg and Patrick Williams to the sf and actually go get a PF.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Simons wouldnít be worried about PT. Heíd be taking Lavineís spot. White might not even be here.
    I don't think it's that clear cut. He was a 20 and 6 guy without Dame but a 12 and 4 guy with Dame, With Shooting splits like Coby.

Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post
    Also the Trail Blazers actually canít just sign Lavine outright like you keep suggesting. They can potentially with a lot of maneuvering and renouncing of players that includes simons. They have a trade exception from the mccolloum trade that they would also lose if they got under the cap to give Zach a contract. you really arenít right about anything in your assessment of a potential Lavine to the blazers deal.
    No they don't.

Dame- 42.5
    Bledsoe-19.3 (3.9 guaranteed)
    Hart- 13 (player option)
    Little- 4.2
    Winslow- 4.1
    Johnson-2.7
    Watford-1.6
    Dead cap- 2.9
    Simons cap hold-12
    2 other players- 2.4
    draft picks-8

I round up so its 113.4 (probably closer to 108 but i will even give you an extra 5mil or so.

You renounce everyone else. So we are now at 113.4. They get rid of Bledsoe so they save 15 mil. That is down to 98 mil. Tell Josh Hart you will extend him after he ops out. That clears another 13. So we are at 85 mil. That would be 11 people still under contract so they don't have to worry about those cap holds. Salary Cap is at 122mil. That is 37 mil right there and Thats with me rounding everything up.

Now you let Simons find a team and you have leverage because he is a RFA to make a trade. and have picks as well.

They can easily make room for Lavine. But you are right. I'm not right. You are.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post

Meh, It more reflex on Lavine. He was a perennial non playoff team. AkME took over and we should have made the play in last year and were a playoff team for his first time this year. He said he wanted to win and they put him in a position to do just that.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970