Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theschrems101 View Post
    I don’t hate this.
    You should. Puts us in cap hell if we can’t move their contracts in a trade package, and pretty much takes us out of the Joker sweepstakes next summer if he decides to leave Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... you let Zach walk before you do ******** like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theschrems101 View Post
    I don’t hate this.
    It's a really really bad trade. The only team that gets something of value is the lakers. One of the worst trade scenarios ive seen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by disgruntledbull; 05-11-2022 at 10:03 PM.

2021-2022 Trade and Acquisitions Discussion

I’d like it a lot better if one of those picks was coming to us plus something else from LA.

NY getting out of a lot of money there for a team going nowhere. They’re getting too much value that should more be coming our way. This opens them up big time for 2023 FA.

LA giving up way too little for too much. Westbrook is a negative value and those picks are so far out.

What would you guys think if we also got back one of those 1st plus Austin Reaves? We’d be pretty f’n deep.

Ball/Demar/Pat/Randle/Vuc

Then off the bench
    AC/Fournier/Reaves/Coby/Ayo/Green/2022 draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I’d like it a lot better if one of those picks was coming to us plus something else from LA.

NY getting out of a lot of money there for a team going nowhere. They’re getting too much value that should more be coming our way. This opens them up big time for 2023 FA.

LA giving up way too little for too much. Westbrook is a negative value and those picks are so far out.

What would you guys think if we also got back one of those 1st plus Austin Reaves? We’d be pretty f’n deep.

Ball/Demar/Pat/Randle/Vuc

Then off the bench
    AC/Fournier/Reaves/Coby/Ayo/Green/2022 draft pick
    I don’t see AK taking us out of the running for 2023 FA, hence Zach will be maxed, or if he doesn’t wanna be here, they’ll do a S&T for expiring contracts and go into next summer loaded with cap space and hopefully an unrestricted Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...E43fLMA3w5NnJA

Lmao ESPN and national media are desperate to make the Lakers relevant.

Taking 2 bad contracts to facilitate a sign and trade? Whoever put that trade together must be a lakers fan. Bulls would need to recieve some value in return, not some overpaid trash.

Boy it would’ve been nice to have Jimmy Butler and Bobby Portis to build a team around [emoji849]

Funny bc Jimmy is exactly what we need right now haha.

Man, Luka is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Taking 2 bad contracts to facilitate a sign and trade? Whoever put that trade together must be a lakers fan. Bulls would need to recieve some value in return, not some overpaid trash.
    If I'm doing a S&T with a team, it's the Blazers and I'm getting back Anfernee Simons as a starting point, lift the protection on that 1st rounder, and throw in Josh Hart for ***** and giggles. We are a better team now and in the future if we do this.

My draft picks would be Keegan Murray at 6 and Mark Williams at 18.

Starters

Ball/Simons/Derozan/Murray/Vuc
    Ayo/Caruso/Hart/Pat/Williams

That team is functional in this league. We aren't a championship contender next year, but we are set up to become one in 2023 if we can land the right Center. The youth/veteran mixed with the leadership of Caruso and Hart on that bench unit would be great. You can argue starting Pat over Keegan, and I think Pat would end up starting, but IMO Murray is the better option at the 4.

If the Blazers do want Lavine, I don't see where Simons fits with them with Lillard at PG and Lavine at SG. None of those guys could be the 3 on a winning NBA team. I actually like Simons though. He was a volume shooter once he became a starter, and his %'s were actually pretty good. Over 40% on 10+ 3PA. He's 22 and averaged close to mid 20's for the 2 months he was a started as well. Still plenty of room to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If I'm doing a S&T with a team, it's the Blazers and I'm getting back Anfernee Simons as a starting point, lift the protection on that 1st rounder, and throw in Josh Hart for ***** and giggles. We are a better team now and in the future if we do this.

Starters

That team is functional in this league. We aren't a championship contender next year, but we are set up to become one in 2023 if we can land the right Center. The youth/veteran mixed with the leadership of Caruso and Hart on that bench unit would be great. You can argue starting Pat over Keegan, and I think Pat would end up starting, but IMO Murray is the better option at the 4.
    You read my mind and the more I think about it the more I actually LOVE the idea if Zach wants to go to Portland . Your basically trading Zach Lavine for a younger version of Zach Lavine in anfernee Simmons (which I think is the best comp for him if I was looking for one in a younger player) that will also probably only command 18-20 per like Zach last contract.

And yes take the protections off of this years pick and hell throw in Coby white to sweeten that part of the deal to actually make it happen. Or at the very least get the protections taken off for the following years and move Coby in a separate trade.

Bulls: Lavine and white
    Portland: Simmons, hart, Winslow, protections taken off first

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post

Starters

Yeah I think Simons and Hart would be the odd men out if Lavine signed there. Definitely could see that trade happening.

I mean don’t get me wrong I love Zach and want him and on this team more than anything but he also didn’t take that Devon booker type next step I thought he was going to and rarely if ever took over games this year and deferred to or looked alittle to much to demar to bail him out.

When getting demar I looked to him as the secondary complimentary piece to Zach’s successes rather than the other way around.
    So at this point I feel if Zach is really shopping himself (which I don’t like just overall) and you believe Simmons is a young growing 20ish points per game type of player to be had at a decent contract plus you can get a high pick then you def take that because that’s the type of sustained or growing success we have been looking for.

Trading Zach for a slightly lesser, growing young player with potential to maybe be Zach or more plus a high pick and future cap flexibility is a move to make unless you think Zach and small moves is going to get you a championship.

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast