Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,620

    NBA Opening Week Game Thread





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,230
    Basketball season has returned

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,559
    Nets and Lakers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,689
    I've been too focused on the Astros-Red Sox game to watch, but I've been trying to follow along with the Lakers-Warriors game, and I have to point out that their box score after the first half is exactly what I would have predicted. Lakers up 6 with Lebron and AD playing out of their minds (38 points on 26 attempts, 12 boards, two blocks) and Westbrook with a whopping 2 points on 1-7 from the floor.

    Lakers are going to have to win games in spite of Westy all season long. Book it.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,440
    Glad to see Giannis with a ring. Definitely deserves it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,440
    Watching MLB playoffs but have they run the ******** lineup of Westbrook-Rondo-Melo-Howard-DeAndre yet?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    I have no idea what Westbrook does for this team.
    He's not better than Bron with the ball so them on the court at the same time = bad possession for the team.
    He's not capable of floor spacing. Runs around crazy and out-of-control on the court. They knew this would happen but I think they just really wanted to make a huge change.

    I feel they will regret not taking that Hield trade that would have allowed them to keep KCP as well... KCP+Hield > Russ for this team.

    You can't change Russ. He's been in the league for over a decade. pack the paint and force him to do something stupid. He's done nothing this game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,646
    Warriors looking good, Lakers looking bad or a bit of both

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    23,598
    westbrook 4/13 with 8 points 4 turnover, 4 fouls 3 assists, 5 rebounds, 0 ft's a team "high" -23. good lord he was been really bad in preaseason and it ran straight through to the regular season. two of those points were in complete garbage time. They got 81 more games to figure it out, but yikes its been a nightmare so far. Sheesh I payed zero attention to the lakers, but wow they are already pretty banged up, ariza is out at least 8 weeks, THT will be reevaluated in 4 weeks, and ellington and nunn missed this game. thats pretty brutal luck.


    also since no one else mentioned it, thats a pretty nice win for the Bucks. Nets shot 53% from 3 and still lost. 8 more offensive rebounds, 5 fewer turnovers and 1 more made ft despite 5 fewer attempts will do that for you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,689
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    westbrook 4/13 with 8 points 4 turnover, 4 fouls 3 assists, 5 rebounds, 0 ft's a team "high" -23. good lord he was been really bad in preaseason and it ran straight through to the regular season. two of those points were in complete garbage time. They got 81 more games to figure it out, but yikes its been a nightmare so far. Sheesh I payed zero attention to the lakers, but wow they are already pretty banged up, ariza is out at least 8 weeks, THT will be reevaluated in 4 weeks, and ellington and nunn missed this game. thats pretty brutal luck.


    also since no one else mentioned it, thats a pretty nice win for the Bucks. Nets shot 53% from 3 and still lost. 8 more offensive rebounds, 5 fewer turnovers and 1 more made ft despite 5 fewer attempts will do that for you.
    Lebron and AD with big games. Curry couldn't hit the ocean with a basketball standing on the beach. And the Lakers still lose.

    I said it at the time and I'll say it again; the Westbrook trade was a huge mistake and the Lakers will regret it. Maybe they'll be able to overcome it, but I wouldn't be optimistic right about now.

    Where's IKnowHoops to tell me about how Westbrook is going to be the best version of himself and suddenly be a great complimentary player now?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    119,647
    westy is so bad man... lakers wont win anything with him and yet teams keep trying to win with this guy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Nets and Lakers
    Doped that up pretty hard. How long before LeBron goes off on Westbrook the way he went off on JR?

    Since the Rockets aren't playing him anyway, how about Wall to the Lakers for Westbrook and a first? And then Houston can just pay RWB to sit at home.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,285
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    westy is so bad man... lakers wont win anything with him and yet teams keep trying to win with this guy
    We agree!!!

    He is one of the most overrated players of this generation. If Dinwiddie returns to form, despite having a new coach, I think Washington ends pretty close to last years winning percentage.

    What I know of Wes, Washington should be a more complete team with a stronger focus on defense.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,112
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Lebron and AD with big games. Curry couldn't hit the ocean with a basketball standing on the beach. And the Lakers still lose.

    I said it at the time and I'll say it again; the Westbrook trade was a huge mistake and the Lakers will regret it. Maybe they'll be able to overcome it, but I wouldn't be optimistic right about now.

    Where's IKnowHoops to tell me about how Westbrook is going to be the best version of himself and suddenly be a great complimentary player now?
    Itís a shame Westbrook is going to get the blame for this dumpster fire. LeBronís GMing is why they will stink and why the franchise doesnít have a future


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,591
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Lebron and AD with big games. Curry couldn't hit the ocean with a basketball standing on the beach. And the Lakers still lose.

    I said it at the time and I'll say it again; the Westbrook trade was a huge mistake and the Lakers will regret it. Maybe they'll be able to overcome it, but I wouldn't be optimistic right about now.

    Where's IKnowHoops to tell me about how Westbrook is going to be the best version of himself and suddenly be a great complimentary player now?
    LeBron will force otherwise just as he has in the past Cleveland 2018. If Lakers need to attach assets to trade Westbrook again, they will.

    Westbrook for Wall part 2. Westy for Love. Send him home and just pay him... No way LeGM let's the season tank.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •