Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO, if they went with Peraza a SS, Flo or Allen as the 4th/5th OFers and a young kid like Gil or Schmidt at the back of the rotation and a couple of young kids in the BP like Ridings, Marcianno ect in the BP, they could still expect to win

I am more concerned about them using top specs for more poor trades.
    More likely scenario.

I was thinking and talking out of another part of my anatomy...not my head!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    When we're giving out roster spots, we shouldn't forget one more bottleneck for the bullpen is O'Day. He is coming off a hamstring injury and has a player option for next year, which he will most certainly exercise.
    I forgot about that, If he attempts to come back I'm sure they'll buy him out or something. He was pretty ineffective last yr and with his age and coming off an injury, I just don't think they'll bring him back.

Isn't the CBA over after the WS? until that issue is figured out I doubt we see any additions because we have no clue what the LT threshold will be. If they cut it like it has been suggested the Yanks certainly won't add, if they raise it closer to 250m like has also been proposed, then we'll see the Yanks make a bigger move

I forgot about that, If he attempts to come back I'm sure they'll buy him out or something. He was pretty ineffective last yr and with his age and coming off an injury, I just don't think they'll bring him back.

Isn't the CBA over after the WS? until that issue is figured out I doubt we see any additions because we have no clue what the LT threshold will be. If they cut it like it has been suggested the Yanks certainly won't add, if they raise it closer to 250m like has also been proposed, then we'll see the Yanks make a bigger move
    The problem is that it's a player option, not a team option, so I don't think there is the possibility for a buyout except at 100%. As far as the CBA, I believe it ends somewhere like Dec 1st, so all the options will get exercised or not prior to then and they are as solid as any contracts, unless there's a work stoppage.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The problem is that it's a player option, not a team option, so I don't think there is the possibility for a buyout except at 100%. As far as the CBA, I believe it ends somewhere like Dec 1st, so all the options will get exercised or not prior to then and they are as solid as any contracts, unless there's a work stoppage.
    I believe there is a 700k buyout but If you had the choice of a making 1.4 mil and even, half heartedly rehabbing or taking a 700k buyout for walking away, which would you choose? I'm not certain I know but I would likely at least try to play.
    I agree that I think the Yankees are likely stuck with him

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I believe there is a 700k buyout but If you had the choice of a making 1.4 mil and even, half heartedly rehabbing or taking a 700k buyout for walking away, which would you choose? I'm not certain I know but I would likely at least try to play.
    I agree that I think the Yankees are likely stuck with him
    If I'm the player rehabbing, I take double the money for the security of it, especially with the uncertainty of the negotiations going on.

Not a chance, if u read my next message, I said the only reason I said that is because of how pissed i was about the Boone thing. No way i could ever seriously root for another team.

I saw it. Good choice. I was afraid you were going to turn into another Nicky.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

If I'm the player rehabbing, I take double the money for the security of it, especially with the uncertainty of the negotiations going on.
    Yep. That's why I believe O'Day will be a Yankee next year

Ignorance is bliss

Yankees 1B coach, Reggie W just resigned. I think he was pushed out the door. So now we need another coach. In addition to first base duties, he was responsible for positioning the OFs.

Yankees 1B coach, Reggie W just resigned. I think he was pushed out the door. So now we need another coach. In addition to first base duties, he was responsible for positioning the OFs.
    So they get rid of Boone staff but not Boone? Parade!!!!
    It goes further to prove the , mostly Cashman, wanted to keep Boone around because he's easy to control and is basically no better than a talking monkey, which is probably an insult to monkeys.

Blame the coaches and players but not the manager or guy who.put the team together, genius.

Cashman is going to have to get Hal on board to make some big moves this winter or we're going to have a very similar result to last season.

It goes further to prove the , mostly Cashman, wanted to keep Boone around because he's easy to control and is basically no better than a talking monkey, which is probably an insult to monkeys.

Blame the coaches and players but not the manager or guy who.put the team together, genius.

Cashman is going to have to get Hal on board to make some big moves this winter or we're going to have a very similar result to last season.
    It's really bad

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    It's really bad
    They must think their fan base is filled with unknowable folks.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

It's really bad
    It really is, can the actually think the fan base is content with what this team has been for the last 10, but even more the 5yrs? Girardi got them with in 1 game of the WS, with a young core that was as talented as any team in baseball. The core, minus Judge, has regressed significantly under Boone. We had 2 ROY runner ups in Sanchez and Miggy that have regressed significantly since their rookie yrs, and a 3rd place ROY finisher in Torres who looked like a future MVP.

I blame the Yanks for Sanchez, making him learn 3 different catching styles in 4yrs isn't going to help him defensively and it has obviously effected his bat. Its certainly not the first time we've seen player who are struggling defensively, carry over to their offensive output.

Torres isn't a SS, 95% of us realized that in 20 in those 60 games, yet it took them another 140 games of him playing SS to figure out he couldn't handle that position defensively and it seriously effected him at the plate. We saw the difference on both sides of the ball when they switched him back.

Andujar, Frazier and Bird all failed due to various injuries but they have never approached there earlier levels of production.

Instead of trading Devi last winter when he was a top 30-40 spec, someone thought it was a bright idea to change everything about how he pitches. Why in the hell they didn't just trade him when his value was peaked and instead made massive changes is practically inexcusable.

We have an analytics department that basically runs everything about this team, that has continued to under preform but they get no blame whatsoever.

Yet they think blaming Boones coaches for his poor decisions and the players for under performing but you bring back the manager that hasn't gotten anything better out of them and the GM that put the team together, back. They Cashman goes on to say the need to get more athletic, contact orientated, LHed and better defensively but the players i've heard them being interested in are the same type we already have.

If Hal doesn't ok some spending or Cashman doesn't get really creative in the trade market were going to be a 4th place team next yr. The Rays are always going to be good because of their tremendous spec pipeline and their ability to get so much from their players. The Jays have a ton of money, an incredibly young and talented core and some very promising specs on the farm. I was pretty down on the Soxs this yr, i won't make that mistake again

It just feels like they think getting Sevy back in the rotation will solve alot of their problems but thats not going to be close to enough. I have no doubt when Sevy is on the mound, he's going to be very good. That said he's thrown about 40 innings in 3yrs plus, how many innings can they really count on him for.

Why did all the teams in the playoffs now make far better deadline acquisitions than we did? Holmes was great, Joely was good, Rizzo was ok, Heaney and Gallo were God awful. Thats another thing our anals department failed in, again. They didn't or couldn't identify the players that would make us better, yet we used a ton of spec capital and didn't get much better.

Cashman has alot of work to do this winter if he thinks were going to even contend for a playoff spot next yr and with 3 other very good teams in our division that all have pretty easy avenues to improve. Watch the Jays go out, resign Ray, sign Correa to play with his best buddy Springer and add another TORP. The Rays will be better because of their farm being the best in baseball and the Soxs have money to spend

- the changing of the baseball, and no sticky, really affected the team. As constructed, with the old ball and sticky they have a chance, without? We all saw.

- feels like they told Boone, ok, you had a chance with your guys, if you wanna stick around, it'll be with our guys.

-The team isn't as far away as it seems. Sticky will be back, so Cole gets better, the ball stays so more avg guys are coming.

-Big story that isn't being talked about enough is the new CBA. Seems like Hals line in the sand is the LT and paying other teams. If the LT gets more favorable, the team will spend more, either way, there's no way they don't spend this year with them staying under this year.

- Looking forward to the obvious changes that need to be made and having a different team on the field next year.

- also, I dont see how this Boone deal matters that much, if he has another bad year, with all the changes, there's no way he stays...

Ray
    Story
    Jansen
    Misc setup RP
    Anybody but Gary
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Ray
    Story
    Jansen
    Misc setup RP
    Anybody but Gary
    Ray concerns me a bit, he went from a very avg starter to a CY season. Do we really want to pay him 25M a yr and take a chance he turns back into a pumpkin?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast