Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah I said I would be surprised if they do anything more than fire Boone which they didnít . I never said I expected them to fire Boone . They did less than fire Boone hence why I am not surprised . Nice try though

You said you'd be surprised if they did anything more than fire Boone, but you didn't say they'd fire Boone? Double speak if I ever saw it. LMAO!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Its going to be very hard for me to put my interesting in our MLB team. Might be time to get more familiar with the Rays, especially since my step bro played in there system for yrs

Jumping ship?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I may have to really start following the Rays. They lose their Big 3 of Snell, Morton and Glasnow and still win 100 games. If the Yankees lose their Big 3 they would win 78.

How many times are you going to threaten to do this? GO...and be done with it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

New York Yankees
    Sweeny Murti
    @YankeesWFAN

If all the people who swore theyíd stop watching Yankees baseball based on whatever moves the team did or didnít make actually followed through on those promises, the franchise would have gone belly up decades ago.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah I said I would be surprised if they do anything more than fire Boone which they didnít . I never said I expected them to fire Boone . They did less than fire Boone hence why I am not surprised . Nice try though
    That's such a weak response and lie. That is a lame even for you

Or did we force you to say you thought 'Boone would be fired?
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 10-20-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    New York Yankees
    Sweeny Murti
    @YankeesWFAN

If all the people who swore theyíd stop watching Yankees baseball based on whatever moves the team did or didnít make actually followed through on those promises, the franchise would have gone belly up decades ago.
    Simple truth

I would say that even if a quarter of those people stopped, we would see a change.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Simple truth

I would say that even if a quarter of those people stopped, we would see a change.
    They won't and don't. Yankee fans are diehard loyalists. The Yankees crossed the 2M attendance mark in 1946, they haven't been below 1M since! During some of the leanest of years in terms of post season, 1965-75 they still averaged 1.1M approx. The next dry spell, 1982 - 94 they averaged in excess of 2M!

But I agree with the premise. The only way to get Hal's attention is at the box office and bottom line.

I read Murti's comment as pure sarcasm.

I'll never stop being a Yankees fan - no matter what. However, if I'm frustrated or bored to death with the team, I might not go to a single game and I might not buy any Yankees jerseys or Yankees paraphernalia.

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Jumping ship?
    Not a chance, if u read my next message, I said the only reason I said that is because of how pissed i was about the Boone thing. No way i could ever seriously root for another team.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I'll never stop being a Yankees fan - no matter what. However, if I'm frustrated or bored to death with the team, I might not go to a single game and I might not buy any Yankees jerseys or Yankees paraphernalia.
    I hear ya. I still haven't been to the "new" stadium following the atrocious treatment me and my family received as well as thousands of other ticket holders. My own personal protest. It's principle.

I will always be a Yankee fan, can't imagine rooting for another team. But, I am still angry with their cavalier attitude and capricious handling of the season ticket policy.

IMHO it very fair for us Yankee fans to be frustrated with the product on the field and the appetent lack of urgency from the front office.
    Cashman comes out and say we need more contact bats, more athleticism and better defense. Gee doesn't that sound familiar? alot of people on here having been saying that since the end of the 19 season. Why does it take this team or people that run this team that long to figure it out at the MLB level.

Blake Cressey and Briend have done a pretty solid job with our pitchers up and down the system. I think were going to see the benefits of their hard work even more next yr when we start see all the top arms we have in AA & AAA last yr. Were also going to see continued growth from our young pitchers like Abreau, Cortez, Gil, Ridings, ect .

They had there best yr on the Farm in 20 plus yrs, whatever they are doing down there to be so successful, they need to find away to get that to transfer to the MLB roster. That doesn't mean i only want to see kids from our system, if the right trade comes along use them to get better players for the MLB roster.

If they think the same or mostly the same roster will do better under Boone next yr will be better, they have another thing coming. They need to make some really big move this winter

Day, my fear and it may be completely unfounded, Cashman uses the spects as a cost saving strategy regardless of their readiness or ability. Seems far fetched, but is it really?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Day, my fear and it may be completely unfounded, Cashman uses the spects as a cost saving strategy regardless of their readiness or ability. Seems far fetched, but is it really?
    IMO, if they went with Peraza a SS, Flo or Allen as the 4th/5th OFers and a young kid like Gil or Schmidt at the back of the rotation and a couple of young kids in the BP like Ridings, Marcianno ect in the BP, they could still expect to win

I am more concerned about them using top specs for more poor trades.

At this moment, we don't have a budget. We do have a Manager that we don't like, but they do. I guess the value in signing him now and not waiting until after the World Series is that they can start the off-season process early. In addition to hiring better coaches that can be done at any time and evaluating our own team and prospects, they should be analyzing every free agent, every single player in the major leagues and the top minor league prospects that they'd want and put together a strategy for trading with all 29 other teams.. We should also be evaluating every NL team's potential hole at DH and see whether there is a fit for one of the Yankees hitters. Also, it might be impossible to trade Stanton and he refused a trade to the Giants in the past, but maybe after the season they had last year, he's willing to reconsider it. In fact, they should survey every player with a NTC to see if they're willing to expand their list of teams. Then, they should present their analysis to Hal, so that he can OK the direction and the expenditures that they will have to shell out in free agency or trades. Then, they can hit the ground running.

How do we become more balanced, (i.e. more left handed)?
    Hw do we get more contact hitters in the line-up?
    What's the strategy for SS - Seager? Perraza?
    What's the strategy for 1B - Rizzo? Olsen?
    What's the strategy for catcher - Sanchez? Barnhart?
    What's the strategy for SP - Sevi? Taillon? Rogers? Castillo? Gaussman?
    What's the bullpen strategy - Chapman? Loaisiga? Somebody else?
    What are the perceived needs of other teams?

Let's Go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    IMO, if they went with Peraza a SS, Flo or Allen as the 4th/5th OFers and a young kid like Gil or Schmidt at the back of the rotation and a couple of young kids in the BP like Ridings, Marcianno ect in the BP, they could still expect to win

I am more concerned about them using top specs for more poor trades.
    When we're giving out roster spots, we shouldn't forget one more bottleneck for the bullpen is O'Day. He is coming off a hamstring injury and has a player option for next year, which he will most certainly exercise.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast