Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Thats mostly the irritated part of me that is saying that. No matter what i will always root for the Yanks but if this isn't a slap in the face to the fan base, I don't know what is
    I hear you and I will too . but the longer that cashman is around and Hal is the owner it will just keep getting harder to care about the Yankees
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-19-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Lol, Cashman said that we aren't nearly as athletic as they thought and have to get more speed and athleticism in the lineup.. Everybody on here has been saying that for a couple yrs

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Chap………….have to disagree with the sentiment.

Yes, by every financial and historical metric the NY Yankees are indeed the #1 organization in American athletics.

What I would posit is that we are seeing a slow burn deconstruction of that narrative with each and every boneheaded executive decision.

‘The slow knife that cuts the deepest and all that…..’. We have a completely clueless, spineless, d—-less, disinterested, disengaged and dispassionate owner who has literally inherited every facet of his being from the toils and labors of his greater sire. Even his very ‘manhood’ is a direct manifestation of inherited status.

This is our new reality. We should just accept it and move on. After today, nothing will ever be done in the interest of the competitive spirit. Everything will be decided on the capricious, uniformed whim of a pampered aristocrat.

A sad truth

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    I can only hope that they put in better assistance coaches. Boones only job should be to coddle the players, because he is not good at anything else.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I can only hope that they put in better assistance coaches. Boones only job should be to coddle the players, because he is not good at anything else.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I wish they could bring Pena back, i always felt it was a mistake to let him go

Ownership cares zero about winning on the field. As long as Hal is pocketing cash he's happy.

Please sell the team to someone who will actually give a ****.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

He should have been manager instead of Boone

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    He should have been manager instead of Boone
    Pigs just flew and people in hell just got water, we actually agree on something baseball related

He was a big part of the success Sanchez had early in his career, as soon as they got rid of Pena, Sanchez has become a roller coaster. Pena was tough on him and demanded accountability as did Girardi, what a shock, he played much better under those guys, as did Judge, Andujar and others IMO
    Last edited by dayners81; 10-20-2021 at 12:25 AM.

Its going to be very hard for me to put my interesting in our MLB team. Might be time to get more familiar with the Rays, especially since my step bro played in there system for yrs
    I may have to really start following the Rays. They lose their Big 3 of Snell, Morton and Glasnow and still win 100 games. If the Yankees lose their Big 3 they would win 78.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Thats mostly the irritated part of me that is saying that. No matter what i will always root for the Yanks but if this isn't a slap in the face to the fan base, I don't know what is
    Personally I understand why people are mad with Boone back but did it really matter?

Who was out there to be the next puppet?

The only way you could have shook things was to bring back an old school guy in Buck but Cashman wants to control everything and Boone is a yes sir guy to the fullest. Analytics is why Boone is here..

The analytics people wanted this in the game and should not be surprised with Boone as manager as he follows what Brian is preaching.

You all wanted it and now you got and now some are mad….Hilarious!

I’m just laughing my *** off with all of this.

A d I continue to laugh at Brian Cashman trades with pitchers who have had history of injuries.

The Taillon’s the Eovaldi’s, Pineda’s and the Paxton’s of the world will always flood his brain when trading for a starting pitcher..

He looks for a pitcher who has been hurt, recovering, is under control and has less value for his trade. He gets them basically cheap and then prays and hopes they can become healthy and perform well. But it never works.

Then he has to go to Hal’s wallet and get a CC, a Cole, ect.

Cashman should go work the Rays for a year and just watch on how they do it year in year out.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Analytics brought Boone back Day….ANALYTICS.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Chap………….have to disagree with the sentiment.

Yes, by every financial and historical metric the NY Yankees are indeed the #1 organization in American athletics.

What I would posit is that we are seeing a slow burn deconstruction of that narrative with each and every boneheaded executive decision.

‘The slow knife that cuts the deepest and all that…..’. We have a completely clueless, spineless, d—-less, disinterested, disengaged and dispassionate owner who has literally inherited every facet of his being from the toils and labors of his greater sire. Even his very ‘manhood’ is a direct manifestation of inherited status.

This is our new reality. We should just accept it and move on. After today, nothing will ever be done in the interest of the competitive spirit. Everything will be decided on the capricious, uniformed whim of a pampered aristocrat.
    Sadly, I want to agree with the main points... but I can't... As a business, and a businessman... Hal is a HUGE success... the Yankees really can't do much better.. and even more sadly, with the amount of money the Yanks are reputed to be making per year, a championship would only increase the bottom line marginally...

Take Tampa... team that plays with a budget so small I wonder if at the end of the year if their numbers are in the same as many of our households as far as profit/loss... they need to win to increase their profits... but can't do a big payroll to do it...
    The Sox a few years ago won but with a bigger payroll than the Luxury tax.. and are reputed to have been in the red at the end of the year...

So, the reality is this.. as a business.. and as a businessman... the Yankees and Hal are a monster success...

As a baseball team... though they are successful (no sub .500 seasons in many of your guys lifetimes)... they've not gotten to the WS in many years and right now.. it's clear that just staying above .500, and winning enough to be in the playoff hunt is enough to keep the profits rolling in at levels us peons would love to get to play with...

Kinda the reason why you've not seen me around much the last 2 years... College ball doesn't make peanuts for money even in Div 1A levels... Hell, the teams only have 11.7 scholarships to offer for the entire team (they can offer partials... don't want to offer many full as you're only robbing from one player to pay another)... so unlike the football programs.. these kids are playing for the love of the game and the hope to become a champion... I've found that it's much more refreshing to look there... root for teams... and majors.... thanks to the Union growing... it's too much of a business now to really feel like a game. Hell, they celebrate Jackie Robinson for what he did for baseball... but sadly, he actually HURT the game... (the negro leagues were way more popular than MLB back then...so after he jumped and the negro leagues dissolved.... less teams to root for and watch).. but He was HUGE for MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL... it made them greedy little owners even more money when they were starting to struggle...

It just shows where the owners priorities lie... and if the 1958 Dodgers and Giants move west and how that treated 2/3rds of the fans of NY... didn't show how little the owners feeling towards their fans was... seeing what we are seeing from Hal now should merely be the final nail in that coffin... I love the Yanks and I always will... but where George and his sons differ is that George was a fan first... his kids are businessmen first. George would have been trying to do everything to win the rings... Hal looks at balance sheets....

So, Lets go ASU... more fun to watch and root for than the NYY...

I'll visit every so often... but my MLB love is going just like my love of the NFL... I haven't watched and NFL game in years.. and I find myself not caring about MLB either. Watching an MLB game feels like a wasted 3+ hours of my life... So unlike even 10 years ago where I lived for both... Now I find I just don't care.... Apathy... the true opposite of love...

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Sadly, I want to agree with the main points... but I can't... As a business, and a businessman... Hal is a HUGE success... the Yankees really can't do much better.. and even more sadly, with the amount of money the Yanks are reputed to be making per year, a championship would only increase the bottom line marginally...

Take Tampa... team that plays with a budget so small I wonder if at the end of the year if their numbers are in the same as many of our households as far as profit/loss... they need to win to increase their profits... but can't do a big payroll to do it...
    The Sox a few years ago won but with a bigger payroll than the Luxury tax.. and are reputed to have been in the red at the end of the year...

So, the reality is this.. as a business.. and as a businessman... the Yankees and Hal are a monster success...

As a baseball team... though they are successful (no sub .500 seasons in many of your guys lifetimes)... they've not gotten to the WS in many years and right now.. it's clear that just staying above .500, and winning enough to be in the playoff hunt is enough to keep the profits rolling in at levels us peons would love to get to play with...

Kinda the reason why you've not seen me around much the last 2 years... College ball doesn't make peanuts for money even in Div 1A levels... Hell, the teams only have 11.7 scholarships to offer for the entire team (they can offer partials... don't want to offer many full as you're only robbing from one player to pay another)... so unlike the football programs.. these kids are playing for the love of the game and the hope to become a champion... I've found that it's much more refreshing to look there... root for teams... and majors.... thanks to the Union growing... it's too much of a business now to really feel like a game. Hell, they celebrate Jackie Robinson for what he did for baseball... but sadly, he actually HURT the game... (the negro leagues were way more popular than MLB back then...so after he jumped and the negro leagues dissolved.... less teams to root for and watch).. but He was HUGE for MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL... it made them greedy little owners even more money when they were starting to struggle...

It just shows where the owners priorities lie... and if the 1958 Dodgers and Giants move west and how that treated 2/3rds of the fans of NY... didn't show how little the owners feeling towards their fans was... seeing what we are seeing from Hal now should merely be the final nail in that coffin... I love the Yanks and I always will... but where George and his sons differ is that George was a fan first... his kids are businessmen first. George would have been trying to do everything to win the rings... Hal looks at balance sheets....

So, Lets go ASU... more fun to watch and root for than the NYY...

I'll visit every so often... but my MLB love is going just like my love of the NFL... I haven't watched and NFL game in years.. and I find myself not caring about MLB either. Watching an MLB game feels like a wasted 3+ hours of my life... So unlike even 10 years ago where I lived for both... Now I find I just don't care.... Apathy... the true opposite of love...
    Agree with much of your take on the current state of sports in general.

My point was though that we are seeing the slow deconstruction of the brand dominance. By the very nature of us being the NY Yankees, we have not seen anywhere near rock bottom consequences of management’s decision making. We are still years from that, but, make no mistake, we are trending in that direction.

As far as Hal’s success, my point was that he literally inherited the product and the blueprint from the labor’s of his father. Yes, Hal is rich and successful, but so is Michael Jordan’s unborn grandchild.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    As Stated, Gary was way better with Girardi and Pena. I think he and Torres are two guys who need feet held to the fire to get them to play full speed. Pena would go a long way.

Mike Scioscia. I wonder if any way in hell, they could convince him to be the voice in Boone's ear. I doubt he'd do it seeing he was a fantastic manager but I would love them to get a former catcher. Might as well start at the top of that list. Maybe Asmus?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Why would he when he is too busy counting the profits from this past season ?

So if you owned a business, you wouldn't try to make as much money as you could?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast