Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Itís always a mistake to understand the keys to the franchise to a rookie with a history of leadership concerns. Always seemed doomed to fail in philly.

I would think (hope lol) that Simmons joining the raptors with proven leaders and a wining culture (and an amazing respected coach) would make a huge difference. I donít think anyone would expect him to take any leadership role. His job would be to slash and defend. If nurse can squeeze out any extra talent then even better.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I wouldn't really call this the flavour of the month considering it's been 4 years and he's made 0 progress in his game. Let's not forget Jimmy Butler refusing to sign with Philly either. This stuff has been building up for years but Philly did a good job of protecting Princess Simmons until the last year or so. As I said before, he has all the athleticism in the World yet has made no progress. That should be enough of a red flag there. Givony didn't share his opinions just now, his report is from his draft year.

Why would there be never-ending drama? Well, because Philly did everything in their power to accommodate him for the past 4 years and the drama still persisted. It's not like these issues just came out of nowhere this year.
    How is it not the flavor of the month? The media and sports fans literally do this for every prolonged labour mediation. And I know Givony's draft report is from his draft year. That is precisely my point. NO ONE gave a single **** until their playoff collapse last season.

Secondly, saying he has made 0 progress in his game shows me you ARE a prisoner of the moment considering the same scouting report you get the "attitude" problems from, also says that Ben is a garbage defender. He came second in DPOY voting last year. Is that not progress?

Randomly name dropping Butler means nothing. Butler refused to sign because he hated Brett Brown and issued an ultimatum that Elton Brown didn't acquiesce. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

The bolded is illogical and horrendously one sided. There's drama because Morey was unable to find a trade for him. There wouldn't be drama if Morey found a trade for him.

Might be a good time to remind TG about our sig bet

Barnes having a hell of a game.

Surprised Banton and Flynn aren't in given it's a blowout now.

This game was a lot of fun to watch. It's kinda of the dream of the idea. Offensive rebounding and turnover creation was outstanding. Can't wait until Pascal joins the fun. 8-31 from the field in the first quarter was really ugly. But we were still tied...

Balls won't bounce this way every night. Gonna be a ton of chaos this year.

Feels so weird we're the team getting offensive rebounds

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Barnes having a hell of a game.

Surprised Banton and Flynn aren't in given it's a blowout now.
    I think he wants them to develop more chemistry

It's too early but Precious and Barnes are looking like really great additions. Some continued struggles are concerning but too early to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think he wants them to develop more chemistry
    Yea thats why I didnt think the young guys would play much over the first few months but at 6 mins 20 point game I thought they wouldve gone in by that point

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    It's too early but Precious and Barnes are looking like really great additions. Some continued struggles are concerning but too early to say.
    Both guys are gonna be players. Barnes is already flashing

Y'all beat us last night in Boston so I can give y'all at least some respect on that foreal foreal but for the most part the rest of your guys didn't really all that much impress me. The only one who even managed to was Barnes and he's a rookie. To think your rookie has outplayed OG and VanVleet and even Trent Jr. doesn't even make no sense. It shouldn't make sense but it apparently does. What more can be said other than Barnes in 2 games is already proving why he should be y'alls go to guy the de facto #1 option.
    Last edited by Tg11; 10-23-2021 at 10:19 AM.

I had no idea Precious could put the ball on the floor.

I was switching back and forth with MLB but is Barnes playing different now than preseason. He has 3 assists through 2 games so far and a ton of rebounds (6 offensive last night). Is he handling the ball that much less?

this team needs to cause chaos to survive. I've never watched basketball like this before. It's so goddamned frantic and weird.

I think Nurse likes that. Creates unpredictability and will play to our roster when they develop.

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast