Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah I donít think they would trade Simmons for our table scraps either. Lol it was just fun to think about

But if they become more desperate to get out of this situation, and their offers dry up you never know. But yes it is wishful thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Morey has outright said he won't trade Simmons for a collection of role players. He wants a high impact player in return or he isn't trading him. We'll see what ends up happening, but outside Barnes' potential, OG, Siakam and FVV, all we have are AT BEST role players right now. If teams are low balling (and of course they are) what about our low ball offer really stands out?

They need guards? Maxey is emerging as an exciting lead guard right now. I thought Springer was an absolute steal of a pick late first round. They have Seth Curry, Shake Milton, Danny Green, Furkan Korkmaz giving them reliable minutes. Isaiah Joe has started to emerge for them. They have Thybulle (who might be more SF) who they are very high on and is one of the best wing defenders in the league. I don't really see where to fit Dragic, GTJ, Flynn, etc into that mix. Those players wouldn't elevate the 76ers at all.
    Did you even read the above my guy? Lol I said I know they wouldnít do the deal, and itís wishful thinking.

I then went on to explain the throught process of the low ball offer. Meaning I would only deal for Simmons if we are fleecing them.

Morey was the gm of my other team. Iím very familiar with his style. Right now he realizes that his asking price was way to high in the first place. No ones gonna give him 3 picks and 3 swaps and star caliber players. Heís also realizing that the offers heís getting now are as good as itís going to get. Because no one is going to bail them out of that situation by sending him a star for Simmons. So eventually he will have to consider them: or go through this for 4 years with Simmons. Either way itís a bad situation for him.

Also knowing Morey he can say what heís saying and the trade Ben tmw. So take it all with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What potential? He hasn't improved at all in 4 years so I think it's safe to say, what you see is what you get. 4 years of being a perennial playoff contender hasn't inspired him to get better. A max deal hasn't inspired him to get better. Where is this potential you speak of?
    Even if he doesnít improve at all, he is still worth Drafig,Flynn, GTJ + a first.

Bro surely you understand the concept of a low ball offer. Simmons doesnít have to be great to be worth table scraps lol. He was runner up for Dpoy last year. That makes him worth the garbage we would be sending them.

Even if he doesnít improve at all, he is still worth Drafig,Flynn, GTJ + a first.

Bro surely you understand the concept of a low ball offer. Simmons doesnít have to be great to be worth table scraps lol. He was runner up for Dpoy last year. That makes him worth the garbage we would be sending them.
    I think you guys are missing my main point of why I donít want him. Yes, heís better than the names listed in that offer. My issue is that heís not worth the baggage that heíll almost certainly bring along.

Runner up for DPOY is great but his attitude and unwillingness to improve on the offensive end dwarf any of his accolades. At least in my view.

I think you guys are missing my main point of why I donít want him. Yes, heís better than the names listed in that offer. My issue is that heís not worth the baggage that heíll almost certainly bring along.

Runner up for DPOY is great but his attitude and unwillingness to improve on the offensive end dwarf any of his accolades. At least in my view.
    He was a very good regular season player. We canít deny that. And if youíre getting him for nothing, I think itís worth for Nurse to get a crack at him and see what he can do with him.

Simmons baggage is chalked up to being unhappy in his current situation. If you take him out of that situation he might be so happy that heíll do whatever our development team asks him to do. Simmons canít afford to mess up his next tenure. He really canít.

What if he clicks with FVV/OG/Siakam/Barnes. What if he really likes playing for Nurse? Imagine him actually being happy to be here. Thatís where the reward outweighs the risk. And what is the risk? Losing GTJ? I wouldnít lose any sleep over that. Flynn? Dragic? I already canít stand them lol

I understand your concerns. I share the same concerns. But Iím talking about an opportunistic trade where we would be fleecing them. Letís dream about this fleece job together lol
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-22-2021 at 03:52 PM.

We all get what youíre saying. Your statement is not nuanced or complex. Some ppl just have different opinions.

If you come to discussion forums to see ppl agree with you then go post some fluff on Reddit.

Attitude goes a long way for me. Simmons has had a **** attitude dating back to his college days. Heís also a horribly flawed player who will hurt a teams half court offence no matter where he goes.
    We have a half court offence?

What attitude? Besides Givony's unnamed sources and disappointed LSU fans, there's really not much there. Wow players on the Australian team called him a Yankee. Wow bad work ethic. Terrible attitude. So all these people had reservations about Simmons but sat on all these reports until drama unfolded? It seems to me they're just piling on because it's the flavor of the month.

Im not denying his athleticism and defensive ability. Those are both great. Itís just that the negatives outweigh the positives. If we were to trade for Simmons, heíd be stuck here for 4 years. That would be 4 years of never ending drama, a toxic locker room and 10-15 jump shots a year from him. No thanks.
    Why would there be never ending drama and a toxic locker room? All of this ends when he gets traded. And honestly, you have to take anything coming out of a labour mediation, one that is being resolved through the media, with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-22-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We all get what youíre saying. Your statement is not nuanced or complex. Some ppl just have different opinions.

If you come to discussion forums to see ppl agree with you then go post some fluff on Reddit.
    I'm not coming here to see people agree with me, just sharing my opinion. Clearly, it's an unpopular one but it's all good. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Thanks for your contribution.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    We have a half court offence?

What attitude? Besides Givony's unnamed sources and disappointed LSU fans, there's really not much there. Wow players on the Australian team called him a Yankee. Wow bad work ethic. Terrible attitude. So all these people had reservations about Simmons but sat on all these reports until drama unfolded? It seems to me they're just piling on because it's the flavor of the month.

Why would there be never ending drama and a toxic locker room? All of this ends when he gets traded. And honestly, you have to take anything coming out of a labour mediation, one that is being resolved through the media, with a grain of salt.
    I wouldn't really call this the flavour of the month considering it's been 4 years and he's made 0 progress in his game. Let's not forget Jimmy Butler refusing to sign with Philly either. This stuff has been building up for years but Philly did a good job of protecting Princess Simmons until the last year or so. As I said before, he has all the athleticism in the World yet has made no progress. That should be enough of a red flag there. Givony didn't share his opinions just now, his report is from his draft year.

Why would there be never-ending drama? Well, because Philly did everything in their power to accommodate him for the past 4 years and the drama still persisted. It's not like these issues just came out of nowhere this year.

He was a very good regular season player. We canít deny that. And if youíre getting him for nothing, I think itís worth for Nurse to get a crack at him and see what he can do with him.

Simmons baggage is chalked up to being unhappy in his current situation. If you take him out of that situation he might be so happy that heíll do whatever our development team asks him to do. Simmons canít afford to mess up his next tenure. He really canít.

What if he clicks with FVV/OG/Siakam/Barnes. What if he really likes playing for Nurse? Imagine him actually being happy to be here. Thatís where the reward outweighs the risk. And what is the risk? Losing GTJ? I wouldnít lose any sleep over that. Flynn? Dragic? I already canít stand them lol

I understand your concerns. I share the same concerns. But Iím talking about an opportunistic trade where we would be fleecing them. Letís dream about this fleece job together lol
    I mean, his baggage is more than just his current situation if you ask me. Being the #1 pick while also being the floor general (PG) and not having your team even qualify for the tournament speaks volumes for me. The man refuses to even try and develop a jump shot in today's NBA. That'd be like a pitcher in the MLB refusing to throw fastballs. It's pure insanity and the fact that anyone would want to take a chance on this guy just baffles me.

I mean, his baggage is more than just his current situation if you ask me. Being the #1 pick while also being the floor general (PG) and not having your team even qualify for the tournament speaks volumes for me. The man refuses to even try and develop a jump shot in today's NBA. That'd be like a pitcher in the MLB refusing to throw fastballs. It's pure insanity and the fact that anyone would want to take a chance on this guy just baffles me.
    Which tournament are you referring to bro? They were first seed last year

Did you even read the above my guy? Lol I said I know they wouldnít do the deal, and itís wishful thinking.

I then went on to explain the throught process of the low ball offer. Meaning I would only deal for Simmons if we are fleecing them.

Morey was the gm of my other team. Iím very familiar with his style. Right now he realizes that his asking price was way to high in the first place. No ones gonna give him 3 picks and 3 swaps and star caliber players. Heís also realizing that the offers heís getting now are as good as itís going to get. Because no one is going to bail them out of that situation by sending him a star for Simmons. So eventually he will have to consider them: or go through this for 4 years with Simmons. Either way itís a bad situation for him.

Also knowing Morey he can say what heís saying and the trade Ben tmw. So take it all with a grain of salt.
    I probably read it and forgot, simply replying to the thread discussion. I'm not a Ben Simmons fan obviously, so I'm adverse to the idea of him in Toronto. I acknowledge though that getting him for spare parts would of course be a risk worth taking. I just believe that talk is fantasy (which you acknowledge above). I think we're on the same page.

I wouldn't really call this the flavour of the month considering it's been 4 years and he's made 0 progress in his game. Let's not forget Jimmy Butler refusing to sign with Philly either. This stuff has been building up for years but Philly did a good job of protecting Princess Simmons until the last year or so. As I said before, he has all the athleticism in the World yet has made no progress. That should be enough of a red flag there. Givony didn't share his opinions just now, his report is from his draft year.

Why would there be never-ending drama? Well, because Philly did everything in their power to accommodate him for the past 4 years and the drama still persisted. It's not like these issues just came out of nowhere this year.
    A lot of this can be narrowed down to his relationship with Embiid. Their have been rumours for years that those two donít like eachother. And I can totally buy that considering Embiids troll personality. I mean he refers to himself as Troel Embiid. Simmons also seems to have a strong personality in his own right.

Iím not saying that Simmons doesnít come with baggage. But let me remind you of another guy who came with a lot of baggage. Kawhi Leonard and uncle Dennis and his camp claimed they lost trust in the organization. They went through an entire season of drama where Leonard was cleared to play but simply didnít. Toni Parker and Gino called him out for it. At the time the Leonard / Spurs situation was toxic and trading for him was a gamble.

One mans misfortune is another mans opportunity. Grant it Simmons comes with a lot of question marks, but he can also come with some positives. A 25 year old dpoy runner up, with great vision and passing ability. Considering we donít really have a true pg, he does have a skill set we can use.
    If we can groom Simmons to be our next point guard it could actually be perfect timing considering we just lost our floor general.

Letís say for we did trade for him, and he was simply happy to be out of Philly, Iím sure he is aware of the damage his reputation has taken, and would want to prove himself, for the sake of his own career.

I want to also say that, Philly isnít known for their development program. Look at how they miss handled Fultz. As soon as he went on to the magic all of a sudden his shot wasnít broken anymore.

We have a great development program. All we would really need is buy in from Simmons. Also I would imagine that MU would request to meet with him and try to get that buy in from Ben before making a move for him.

Itís not a trade with out risk. Thereís pros and cons. It if it pans out, man it could really elevate our team.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-22-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Which tournament are you referring to bro? They were first seed last year
    March Madness. When he was on LSU they missed the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I probably read it and forgot, simply replying to the thread discussion. I'm not a Ben Simmons fan obviously, so I'm adverse to the idea of him in Toronto. I acknowledge though that getting him for spare parts would of course be a risk worth taking. I just believe that talk is fantasy (which you acknowledge above). I think we're on the same page.
    Itís fantasy yes, but this is also a rare scenario where as long as Ben is there, he is a problem. A problem that is eating away from their cap space and not getting any production out of. So while it is fantasy, I think MU looks for these opportunities. I think getting Leonard for Demar would have been a fantasy too, but again that was just a rare opportunity that MU fully took advantage of because I really donít think the Spurs even wanted Demar. But they were so fed up by that point that they took the best offer.

Iím not a huge Simmons fan either, but again if itís for the right deal I would take the risk. However yes I complexity understand that my offer isnít a home run for them. But they have lost so much leverage that I truly believe those are the type of offers theyíll see from here on out.

In other words I donít think anyone would guy their team for Simmons. So Morey can hold out for as long as he wants but itís Embiids prime he would be wasting.

March Madness. When he was on LSU they missed the tournament.
    Ok I gotchu.

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast