Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    It's just an opportunistic trade.
    Which is one of MUís fav type of deals to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    There is a reason simmons still has value in this league. His potential is still there. The hope is you get a player like simmons at a discounted value. Trading bunch of role players for simmons will be a steal. I wouldn't want to lose a guy like OG. But if raptors can get him without losing Siakham, OG or Barnes, it would be a great move. Also Simmons is not a saviour. He would be another key player for our eventual contending team.
    Exactly what I was thinking

And Dragic, GTJ and Flynn are good pieces for this squad? I think you're too caught up in the drama if you're seriously hesitating to flip those pieces.
    I wouldn't trade anything for Ben Simmons. He has no desire to improve and would only be a headache for a solid culture this team has built.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

There is a reason simmons still has value in this league. His potential is still there. The hope is you get a player like simmons at a discounted value. Trading bunch of role players for simmons will be a steal. I wouldn't want to lose a guy like OG. But if raptors can get him without losing Siakham, OG or Barnes, it would be a great move. Also Simmons is not a saviour. He would be another key player for our eventual contending team.
    What potential? He hasn't improved at all in 4 years so I think it's safe to say, what you see is what you get. 4 years of being a perennial playoff contender hasn't inspired him to get better. A max deal hasn't inspired him to get better. Where is this potential you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

It's just an opportunistic trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Which is one of MUís fav type of deals to explore.
    Curious what you guys realistically believe Morey will trade Simmons for. My disdain for Simmons right now aside, I understand your perspective on this, but I don't actually believe Morey is going to trade Simmons for a collection of spare parts. I wouldn't include Siakam, Anunoby or Barnes in any deal and I probably extend that to FVV too. I don't understand what the trade is that appeals to the 76ers.

Y'all have to see us today in Boston at TD Garden😂👏🙌 y'all already know what time it is but imma just say even tho it is rivalry and heat of competition it ain't nothin but respect at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Y'all have to see us today in Boston at TD Garden😂👏🙌 y'all already know what time it is but imma just say even tho it is rivalry and heat of competition it ain't nothin but respect at the end of the day
    Iím interested in seeing Barnes cover Tatum.

If you can get Simmons for those pieces itís a no brainer. Even with his value being this low Philly likely doesnít take that offer from us lol.

Fits this squad? I think Nurse would love to have a guy with Simmons skill set. Especially if youíre not even giving up any core pieces to get him.

We keep Siakam/OG/FVV/Barnes and we get Simmons, you wouldnít be happy? I would be
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Curious what you guys realistically believe Morey will trade Simmons for. My disdain for Simmons right now aside, I understand your perspective on this, but I don't actually believe Morey is going to trade Simmons for a collection of spare parts. I wouldn't include Siakam, Anunoby or Barnes in any deal and I probably extend that to FVV too. I don't understand what the trade is that appeals to the 76ers.
    Yeah I donít think they would trade Simmons for our table scraps either. Lol it was just fun to think about

But if they become more desperate to get out of this situation, and their offers dry up you never know. But yes it is wishful thinking.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-22-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The appeal would be to get Simmons the f out of town and off the team as he is creating a huge distraction for them. A distraction that wonít go away for 4 years. They need guards, weíre offering guards. Weíd have to include picks. It could get to a point where a Morey just says **** it an sees moving Simmons as an addition by subtraction.

Teams are low balling offers because they know Philly doesnít have much choice but to move him. Other wise their season will be impacted. Another year of Embiids prime will be wasted. And they can have a repeat of it next year, the year after that, and the year after that. Eventually Morey will move Simmons, and itís not going to be for anything near what they expected.

Simmons tanked his own value .

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What potential? He hasn't improved at all in 4 years so I think it's safe to say, what you see is what you get. 4 years of being a perennial playoff contender hasn't inspired him to get better. A max deal hasn't inspired him to get better. Where is this potential you speak of?
    The potential lies on where he is going to play. He has been with the Sixers all this time. A change of scenery may help him realize his potential. Raptors are well known for fixing issues for players. I think raptors organization will make a difference for him. Simply dismissing a player because he has been in one system and hasnít worked out is short sighted thinking. If other GMs didnít care for Simmons, he wonít be on the news. We are also talking about giving spare parts to get him.

The appeal would be to get Simmons the f out of town and off the team as he is creating a huge distraction for them. A distraction that wonít go away for 4 years. They need guards, weíre offering guards. Weíd have to include picks. It could get to a point where a Morey just says **** it an sees moving Simmons as an addition by subtraction.

Teams are low balling offers because they know Philly doesnít have much choice but to move him. Other wise their season will be impacted. Another year of Embiids prime will be wasted. And they can have a repeat of it next year, the year after that, and the year after that. Eventually Morey will move Simmons, and itís not going to be for anything near what they expected.

Simmons tanked his own value .
    Morey has outright said he won't trade Simmons for a collection of role players. He wants a high impact player in return or he isn't trading him. We'll see what ends up happening, but outside Barnes' potential, OG, Siakam and FVV, all we have are AT BEST role players right now. If teams are low balling (and of course they are) what about our low ball offer really stands out?

They need guards? Maxey is emerging as an exciting lead guard right now. I thought Springer was an absolute steal of a pick late first round. They have Seth Curry, Shake Milton, Danny Green, Furkan Korkmaz giving them reliable minutes. Isaiah Joe has started to emerge for them. They have Thybulle (who might be more SF) who they are very high on and is one of the best wing defenders in the league. I don't really see where to fit Dragic, GTJ, Flynn, etc into that mix. Those players wouldn't elevate the 76ers at all.

The potential lies on where he is going to play. He has been with the Sixers all this time. A change of scenery may help him realize his potential. Raptors are well known for fixing issues for players. I think raptors organization will make a difference for him. Simply dismissing a player because he has been in one system and hasnít worked out is short sighted thinking. If other GMs didnít care for Simmons, he wonít be on the news. We are also talking about giving spare parts to get him.
    If thatís what you believe then so be it. The fact of the matter is that heís had attitude problems dating back to LSU. It was one of the only knocks on him ó outside of lacking a jumper ó prior to being drafted.

Could a change of scenery help? I doubt it. He was coddled by Brett Brown while having 3 different GMs try to accommodate his needs. I want nothing to do with a player like that. Yeah, Kyle Lowry had attitude problems when he first came in but not like this. Simmons has literally been coddled by the Sixers from day 1. Theyíve accommodated his every need and the guy still wonít take jump shots. Dude thinks heís larger than life.

Yes and philly is known for terrible player development.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We're capped out and operating as an over the cap team, money doesn't matter. Improvement or not, he still outproduces the 3 of them put together and is a perennial DPOY candidate. Who cares about potential and who said anything about potential? Ben as he is right now is 100x more productive than any of those 3 players. It's not like the trade suggestion suggested to trade the farm for Ben. It was for 3 players who we don't really give a **** about (Gary wasn't even their first choice).

I think you're being awfully picky. Ofc he comes with caveats, or else this opportunity wouldn't exist. If he checked off all your boxes, this would be a completely ridiculous discussion.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-22-2021 at 01:04 PM.

We're capped out and operating as an over the cap team, money doesn't matter. Improvement or not, he still outproduces the 3 of them put together and is a perennial DPOY candidate. Who cares about potential and who said anything about potential? Ben as he is right now is 100x more productive than any of those 3 players. It's not like the trade suggestion suggested to trade the farm for Ben. It was for 3 players who we don't really give a **** about (Gary wasn't even their first choice).

I think you're being awfully picky. Ofc he comes with caveats, or else this opportunity wouldn't exist. If he checked off all your boxes, this would be a completely ridiculous discussion.
    Attitude goes a long way for me. Simmons has had a **** attitude dating back to his college days. Heís also a horribly flawed player who will hurt a teams half court offence no matter where he goes.

Im not denying his athleticism and defensive ability. Those are both great. Itís just that the negatives outweigh the positives. If we were to trade for Simmons, heíd be stuck here for 4 years. That would be 4 years of never ending drama, a toxic locker room and 10-15 jump shots a year from him. No thanks.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast