Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 855
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,496
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I wasnt surprised about Myhailiuk getting the minutes I would have penciled Flynn for when Nurse first went to the bench. He is bigger, had a nice preseason and fits the teams needs as a shooter. But I was definitely surprised when Banton got the call in the 4th. If he can't find a way to get minutes, I feel like he would be a candidate to be traded at some point this season. It is only one game, but not a good sign for Flynn's role moving forward.
    Yeah I wasnít surprised about Myhailiuk getting minutes either. He looked decent too, just needs some of those open 3ís to go in.

    I wasÖ not surprisedÖ Disappointed? To see dragic get the minutes off the bench that I think Flynn should have had imo.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'm not even goin to pile on to y'all man. Simply put, the Raptors just were not good enough to beat the Wizards last night. Raptors lost the game cuz the Wizards were just the better team. Their bench managed to outscore the Raptors period but to think it was Kuzma and Trezz Harrell who were the biggest reasons why the Raptors lost this game. Beal didn't play particularly well but his co stars managed to.

    All I know is that come tomorrow against my Celtics in Boston at TD Garden on the road we'll see which Raptors team shows up or who doesn't.

    VanVleet didn't shoot it particularly well and neither did OG Anunoby.

    Scottie in his first regular season game as a Raptor put up 12 points and 9 rebounds...could have had a double double

    Dalano Banton was a bright spot for y'all

    But if this Raptors team is goin to win games this season, then y'alls bench needs to come through. But also your starters need to shoot better. Period.
    Meh. The defence was good enough to win, and we found a lineup that was clicking in the 4th. We were within single digits in the 4th. If some of those wide open 3ís went down then we have a chance to win that game. I was depressed most of the game, but ended up feeling optimistic.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,179
    They need someone like Banton to keep the offence more dynamic. Flynn may be more NBA ready in some aspects but they don't need that out there in those lineups. Banton's size alone makes him a way bigger threat cutting or driving to the lane. When you have guys like Precious leading the break and FVV sprinting to the corners, you know we have 0 intention of playing any half court offence this season.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,179
    But uh Nurse needs to reevaluate what he thinks about some of these players. At this point, Gary is just a heat check until he shows more. He shouldn't have been in that long. Dragic doesn't really work in this defensive scheme and his offence was a drag. He doesn't do the little things like Lowry to justify keeping him in there.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,496
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    But uh Nurse needs to reevaluate what he thinks about some of these players. At this point, Gary is just a heat check until he shows more. He shouldn't have been in that long. Dragic doesn't really work in this defensive scheme and his offence was a drag. He doesn't do the little things like Lowry to justify keeping him in there.
    Agreed dragic hit some mod range shots and thatís about it. He looks old out there.

    Gary was playing some defence at least. So easily defended though.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Agreed dragic hit some mod range shots and thatís about it. He looks old out there.

    Gary was playing some defence at least. So easily defended though.
    I think Gary tries but he gambles too much imo. idk what the stats are but he doesn't seem to be very successful on a lot of those.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,963
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think Gary tries but he gambles too much imo. idk what the stats are but he doesn't seem to be very successful on a lot of those.
    Hate to say it but Iím starting to think GTJ isnít that good.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,963
    Dragic/GTJ/Flynn, + first rounder for Simmons

    Simmons - FVV - Banton
    Barnes - SM - Champagie
    OG - Yuta
    Siakam - Boucher
    Precious - Birch

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,337
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Dragic/GTJ/Flynn, + first rounder for Simmons

    Simmons - FVV - Banton
    Barnes - SM - Champagie
    OG - Yuta
    Siakam - Boucher
    Precious - Birch
    What makes you think Simmons is a good piece for this squad? He's made 0 improvements throughout his entire NBA career and is now proving to be a major ***** off the court. He gets worse in the playoffs and let's not forget that LSU MISSED THE TOURNAMENT with him as the centrepiece of the team.

    Ben Simmons has always been a loser. He has all the athleticism in the World but he doesn't care enough to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,179
    And Dragic, GTJ and Flynn are good pieces for this squad? I think you're too caught up in the drama if you're seriously hesitating to flip those pieces.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,963
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What makes you think Simmons is a good piece for this squad? He's made 0 improvements throughout his entire NBA career and is now proving to be a major ***** off the court. He gets worse in the playoffs and let's not forget that LSU MISSED THE TOURNAMENT with him as the centrepiece of the team.

    Ben Simmons has always been a loser. He has all the athleticism in the World but he doesn't care enough to win.
    If you can get Simmons for those pieces itís a no brainer. Even with his value being this low Philly likely doesnít take that offer from us lol.

    Fits this squad? I think Nurse would love to have a guy with Simmons skill set. Especially if youíre not even giving up any core pieces to get him.

    We keep Siakam/OG/FVV/Barnes and we get Simmons, you wouldnít be happy? I would be

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,785
    Dragic, OG, Flynn and 2 first rounders would be more ideal

    Toronto gets Ben Simmons

    Then your new look Raptors would look like:

    PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Ben Simmons (moves to small forward)
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Precious Achiuwa


    Bench

    PG- Dalano Banton
    SG- Svi Mykhailiuk
    SF- Scottie Barnes
    PF- Chris Boucher
    C- Khem Birch


    Then your new look Sixers

    PG- Goran Dragic
    SG- Seth Curry
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Tobias Harris
    C- Joel Embiid

    Bench

    PG- Malachi Flynn/Shake Milton
    SG- Tyrese Maxey/Korkmaz
    SF- Matisse Thybulle/Danny Green
    PF- Georges Niang
    C- Andre Drummond



    Then if y'all do it this way...both teams essentially get better

    Simmons to that Toronto core he makes them competitive

    Add those pieces that I suggested on Philly they instantly become Championship contender in a second

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Dragic, OG, Flynn and 2 first rounders would be more ideal

    Toronto gets Ben Simmons

    Then your new look Raptors would look like:

    PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Ben Simmons (moves to small forward)
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Precious Achiuwa


    Bench

    PG- Dalano Banton
    SG- Svi Mykhailiuk
    SF- Scottie Barnes
    PF- Chris Boucher
    C- Khem Birch


    Then your new look Sixers

    PG- Goran Dragic
    SG- Seth Curry
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Tobias Harris
    C- Joel Embiid

    Bench

    PG- Malachi Flynn/Shake Milton
    SG- Tyrese Maxey/Korkmaz
    SF- Matisse Thybulle/Danny Green
    PF- Georges Niang
    C- Andre Drummond



    Then if y'all do it this way...both teams essentially get better

    Simmons to that Toronto core he makes them competitive

    Add those pieces that I suggested on Philly they instantly become Championship contender in a second
    I prefer OG to Simmons. 1 year younger, more complete two way payer, way better team friendly contract. .

    Philly is desperate right now. So Iíd love to fleece. But Iím not on board for giving them one of our core players. The idea would be to add Simmons to the core of FVV/OG/Siakam/Barnes. If MU can make that happen then Iíd be all for it.

    Dragic/Flynn/GTJ + and unprotected first round pick may not be the best offer, but it does bail them out of a very messy situation they are desperate to get out of. Simmons is under contract 4 years. This problem isnít going away any time soon unless they finally pull the trigger and ship him out.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-21-2021 at 08:15 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,954
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What makes you think Simmons is a good piece for this squad? He's made 0 improvements throughout his entire NBA career and is now proving to be a major ***** off the court. He gets worse in the playoffs and let's not forget that LSU MISSED THE TOURNAMENT with him as the centrepiece of the team.

    Ben Simmons has always been a loser. He has all the athleticism in the World but he doesn't care enough to win.
    There is a reason simmons still has value in this league. His potential is still there. The hope is you get a player like simmons at a discounted value. Trading bunch of role players for simmons will be a steal. I wouldn't want to lose a guy like OG. But if raptors can get him without losing Siakham, OG or Barnes, it would be a great move. Also Simmons is not a saviour. He would be another key player for our eventual contending team.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,179
    It's just an opportunistic trade.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •