Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I wasnt surprised about Myhailiuk getting the minutes I would have penciled Flynn for when Nurse first went to the bench. He is bigger, had a nice preseason and fits the teams needs as a shooter. But I was definitely surprised when Banton got the call in the 4th. If he can't find a way to get minutes, I feel like he would be a candidate to be traded at some point this season. It is only one game, but not a good sign for Flynn's role moving forward.
    Yeah I wasnít surprised about Myhailiuk getting minutes either. He looked decent too, just needs some of those open 3ís to go in.

I wasÖ not surprisedÖ Disappointed? To see dragic get the minutes off the bench that I think Flynn should have had imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'm not even goin to pile on to y'all man. Simply put, the Raptors just were not good enough to beat the Wizards last night. Raptors lost the game cuz the Wizards were just the better team. Their bench managed to outscore the Raptors period but to think it was Kuzma and Trezz Harrell who were the biggest reasons why the Raptors lost this game. Beal didn't play particularly well but his co stars managed to.

All I know is that come tomorrow against my Celtics in Boston at TD Garden on the road we'll see which Raptors team shows up or who doesn't.

VanVleet didn't shoot it particularly well and neither did OG Anunoby.

Scottie in his first regular season game as a Raptor put up 12 points and 9 rebounds...could have had a double double

Dalano Banton was a bright spot for y'all

But if this Raptors team is goin to win games this season, then y'alls bench needs to come through. But also your starters need to shoot better. Period.
    Meh. The defence was good enough to win, and we found a lineup that was clicking in the 4th. We were within single digits in the 4th. If some of those wide open 3ís went down then we have a chance to win that game. I was depressed most of the game, but ended up feeling optimistic.

They need someone like Banton to keep the offence more dynamic. Flynn may be more NBA ready in some aspects but they don't need that out there in those lineups. Banton's size alone makes him a way bigger threat cutting or driving to the lane. When you have guys like Precious leading the break and FVV sprinting to the corners, you know we have 0 intention of playing any half court offence this season.

But uh Nurse needs to reevaluate what he thinks about some of these players. At this point, Gary is just a heat check until he shows more. He shouldn't have been in that long. Dragic doesn't really work in this defensive scheme and his offence was a drag. He doesn't do the little things like Lowry to justify keeping him in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    But uh Nurse needs to reevaluate what he thinks about some of these players. At this point, Gary is just a heat check until he shows more. He shouldn't have been in that long. Dragic doesn't really work in this defensive scheme and his offence was a drag. He doesn't do the little things like Lowry to justify keeping him in there.
    Agreed dragic hit some mod range shots and thatís about it. He looks old out there.

Gary was playing some defence at least. So easily defended though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Agreed dragic hit some mod range shots and thatís about it. He looks old out there.

Gary was playing some defence at least. So easily defended though.
    I think Gary tries but he gambles too much imo. idk what the stats are but he doesn't seem to be very successful on a lot of those.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think Gary tries but he gambles too much imo. idk what the stats are but he doesn't seem to be very successful on a lot of those.
    Hate to say it but Iím starting to think GTJ isnít that good.

Dragic/GTJ/Flynn, + first rounder for Simmons

Simmons - FVV - Banton
    Barnes - SM - Champagie
    OG - Yuta
    Siakam - Boucher
    Precious - Birch

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Dragic/GTJ/Flynn, + first rounder for Simmons

Simmons - FVV - Banton
    Barnes - SM - Champagie
    OG - Yuta
    Siakam - Boucher
    Precious - Birch
    What makes you think Simmons is a good piece for this squad? He's made 0 improvements throughout his entire NBA career and is now proving to be a major ***** off the court. He gets worse in the playoffs and let's not forget that LSU MISSED THE TOURNAMENT with him as the centrepiece of the team.

Ben Simmons has always been a loser. He has all the athleticism in the World but he doesn't care enough to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

And Dragic, GTJ and Flynn are good pieces for this squad? I think you're too caught up in the drama if you're seriously hesitating to flip those pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What makes you think Simmons is a good piece for this squad? He's made 0 improvements throughout his entire NBA career and is now proving to be a major ***** off the court. He gets worse in the playoffs and let's not forget that LSU MISSED THE TOURNAMENT with him as the centrepiece of the team.

Ben Simmons has always been a loser. He has all the athleticism in the World but he doesn't care enough to win.
    If you can get Simmons for those pieces itís a no brainer. Even with his value being this low Philly likely doesnít take that offer from us lol.

Fits this squad? I think Nurse would love to have a guy with Simmons skill set. Especially if youíre not even giving up any core pieces to get him.

We keep Siakam/OG/FVV/Barnes and we get Simmons, you wouldnít be happy? I would be

Dragic, OG, Flynn and 2 first rounders would be more ideal

Toronto gets Ben Simmons

Then your new look Raptors would look like:

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Ben Simmons (moves to small forward)
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Precious Achiuwa

Bench

PG- Dalano Banton
    SG- Svi Mykhailiuk
    SF- Scottie Barnes
    PF- Chris Boucher
    C- Khem Birch

Then your new look Sixers

PG- Goran Dragic
    SG- Seth Curry
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Tobias Harris
    C- Joel Embiid

Bench

PG- Malachi Flynn/Shake Milton
    SG- Tyrese Maxey/Korkmaz
    SF- Matisse Thybulle/Danny Green
    PF- Georges Niang
    C- Andre Drummond

Then if y'all do it this way...both teams essentially get better

Simmons to that Toronto core he makes them competitive

Add those pieces that I suggested on Philly they instantly become Championship contender in a second

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Dragic, OG, Flynn and 2 first rounders would be more ideal

Toronto gets Ben Simmons

Then your new look Raptors would look like:

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Ben Simmons (moves to small forward)
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Precious Achiuwa

Bench

PG- Dalano Banton
    SG- Svi Mykhailiuk
    SF- Scottie Barnes
    PF- Chris Boucher
    C- Khem Birch

Then your new look Sixers

PG- Goran Dragic
    SG- Seth Curry
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Tobias Harris
    C- Joel Embiid

Bench

PG- Malachi Flynn/Shake Milton
    SG- Tyrese Maxey/Korkmaz
    SF- Matisse Thybulle/Danny Green
    PF- Georges Niang
    C- Andre Drummond

Then if y'all do it this way...both teams essentially get better

Simmons to that Toronto core he makes them competitive

Add those pieces that I suggested on Philly they instantly become Championship contender in a second
    I prefer OG to Simmons. 1 year younger, more complete two way payer, way better team friendly contract. .

Philly is desperate right now. So Iíd love to fleece. But Iím not on board for giving them one of our core players. The idea would be to add Simmons to the core of FVV/OG/Siakam/Barnes. If MU can make that happen then Iíd be all for it.

Dragic/Flynn/GTJ + and unprotected first round pick may not be the best offer, but it does bail them out of a very messy situation they are desperate to get out of. Simmons is under contract 4 years. This problem isnít going away any time soon unless they finally pull the trigger and ship him out.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-21-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post

There is a reason simmons still has value in this league. His potential is still there. The hope is you get a player like simmons at a discounted value. Trading bunch of role players for simmons will be a steal. I wouldn't want to lose a guy like OG. But if raptors can get him without losing Siakham, OG or Barnes, it would be a great move. Also Simmons is not a saviour. He would be another key player for our eventual contending team.

It's just an opportunistic trade.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast