Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 164 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2453
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah but heís only played 25 games. Heís at 19 right now. Maybe inflated was the wrong word but I wouldnít be surprised if that number ends up being around 16-17 by seasons end now that Siakam is back, and Freddyís playing at an all star level.
    I think with our lack of depth and injury history, there are plenty of shots to go around still. OG will still get a fair share of perimeter shots since he is naturally the most likely recipient on any dribble penetration and just from matchups alone he'll probably get a ton of shots inside. The looks where he was doing a lot of dribble drive and iso breakdown will probably cease.

The player hurt most by everyone being healthy is Scottie imo. Can't shoot, dribble or matchup so not too many avenues for him to contribute offensively atm. So Nurse isn't wrong IMO for putting him in that "Marc Gasol" role.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-16-2022 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think with our lack of depth and injury history, there are plenty of shots to go around still. OG will still get a fair share of perimeter shots since he is naturally the most likely recipient on any dribble penetration and just from matchups alone he'll probably get a ton of shots inside. The looks where he was doing a lot of dribble drive and iso breakdown will probably cease.

The player hurt most by everyone being healthy is Scottie imo. Can't shoot, dribble or matchup so not too many avenues for him to contribute offensively atm. So Nurse isn't wrong IMO for putting him in that "Marc Gasol" role.
    I think Nurse still wants him to take his shots. But understands that maybe this is where he simply is in his development.

OGs usuage, and mins are def up from last year and his shooting % are down across the board. He averaging 3 more ppg than last year, but taking 4 more shots.

I have no issue with the shots heís taking. Just want him to bring those %s up a bit. If he can average 20 ppg thatís great. But I have no issue with him averaging 16-17 on better efficiency.

Either way though youíre right, those shots gotta come from somewhere and weíre the opposite of a deep team.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-16-2022 at 10:17 PM.

I think Nurse still wants him to take his shots. But understands that maybe this is where he simply is in his development.

OGs usuage, and mins are def up from last year and his shooting % are down across the board. He averaging 3 more ppg than last year, but taking 4 more shots.

I have no issue with the shots heís taking. Just want him to bring those %s up a bit. If he can average 20 ppg thatís great. But I have no issue with him averaging 16-17 on better efficiency.

Either way though youíre right, those shots gotta come from somewhere and weíre the opposite of a deep team.
    I think something to look out for is the efficiency numbers of those 5. Apart from Fred, they're all pretty much below average. If you look at league adjusted TS on basketball reference, it's not great. So we'll see how this trend plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think something to look out for is the efficiency numbers of those 5. Apart from Fred, they're all pretty much below average. If you look at league adjusted TS on basketball reference, it's not great. So we'll see how this trend plays out.
    To your point weíre only about 5 players deep so these guys have to force things up more than they normally would have too, because our bench gives us nothing. So yeah efficiency is going to be tough this season. Gotta get those shots up or we gonna have like 80 points every night as a team. Which doesnít cut it today

Teams a work in progress. But hey they are winning so who cares. As long as they continue to gain chemistry and put together wins. Itís a good sign.

OG definitely still has more work to do on his handles (which will make him look a bit less awkward), but I think a lot of it is he plays a power game and not a speed game. He finds ways to take advantage of his strength and bullies people on his way to the basket. The mid range game is new and needs work, but he can get those shots off it seems against good defenders, and with the new small ball craze he will have plenty of mismatches. Down the road I like his chances of being able to score in the playoffs as well as help shut people down.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    OG definitely still has more work to do on his handles (which will make him look a bit less awkward), but I think a lot of it is he plays a power game and not a speed game. He finds ways to take advantage of his strength and bullies people on his way to the basket. The mid range game is new and needs work, but he can get those shots off it seems against good defenders, and with the new small ball craze he will have plenty of mismatches. Down the road I like his chances of being able to score in the playoffs as well as help shut people down.
    Youíre right, heís not a finess player thatís for sure. I think he did improv his handles this year. He def displayed handles this year I never seen from him before. But I agree that is still an area where he needs to continue to improve on

Honestly I think OG is one of our key guys. With the excitement of Barnes, and the reemergence of Siakam itís easy to maybe think of him as the odd man out. But I think OG gives us crazy versatility and we would actually miss that if we traded him. I donít think Masai would consider moving him unless itís a clear win and home run for us .

OG brings a lot to this team. Toughness, can defend any position. Can drop 20 on any given night. Can switch on to any player. Plays off ball really well which is what Freddy and Siakam need. Great catch and shoot player.

The awkwardness doesnít bother me. I donít see him as a guy that should be handling the ball much anyways. Heís perfect in his role playing off other guys.

I think OG will fall short of what they want him to achieve offensive wise but will still be a good player and a great supporting guy. DPOY candidate with great offensive role. High teens scorer on efficient shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think OG will fall short of what they want him to achieve offensive wise but will still be a good player and a great supporting guy. DPOY candidate with great offensive role. High teens scorer on efficient shooting.
    Which is a description of a pretty dam good player. Heís a keeper. And I like his contract too

Y'all are going to have to see Lowry tonight when you guys face the Miami Heat, but in Miami tho. But if Lowry plays tonight, I can expect him to go off. That is pretty much what happens whenever former Raptors play the Raptors for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Y'all are going to have to see Lowry tonight when you guys face the Miami Heat, but in Miami tho. But if Lowry plays tonight, I can expect him to go off. That is pretty much what happens whenever former Raptors play the Raptors for the first time.
    Thanks for the update. Let me update you. Lowry is out tonight. Personal reasons aka ďI donít wanna beat the raptorsĒ lol

Iím not sure that we are. But he was scoring the ball well to start the season so those numbers are a little inflated. And then got injured. I think heís more of 16-18 ppg type of player end of the day. Especially as Barnes gets more comfortable and starts taking more shots.
    Yeah I agree with this. Purely because he can shoot really well and muscle smaller guys to the basket. He should be taking shots, I just donít like him in a shot-creator role. On a championship starting lineup I see him as a 4th option.
    Like if the opponent Denys the ball to siakam and FVV or shuts down the pnr, we are not in the greatest shape relaying on OG to create offence.

Even those early numbers he was putting up were not very efficient.

Been saying this forever, but he isnít kawhi even though everyone wants him to develop like that. He doesnít have the natural fluidity on offence. Kawhi as a rookie looked more comfortable with the rock in his hands than OG looks now.

And also donít get my words twisted. I love OG and he is a piece of a championship caliber team. I wouldnít trade him for turner or anyone else less than a 2-way superstar. I think his defence is top 10 in the league, and he fits this team so perfectly.

Siakam just needs to start being more consistent with it. But yes he is our best player and why he is paid as such. But Freddy has closed the gap this year. Dude has been lights out.
    Theyíre both playing like max players this season.

The forum is live today, Iím guessing no one went to work lol

Also looking awkward doesnít = bad. There were a lot of awkward looking players that were pretty dam good.
    Agree. Siakam is one of those.
    Itís the fluidity that separates them imo.

Itís an eye test thing, so maybe the numbers say differently. Just my opinion. Basically parroting what I have always felt, but new information of developments could change my mind.