Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    My only counter would be that Dragic and Svi haven't been great. I am guessing Dragic's minutes are necessary to try and find a trade partner. That could be a long time. He hasn't made an impact and is making 20 million. Playing time might actually be hurting his value right now.

But long-term it will be hard for Flynn to compete with Banton given our current direction. I kinda want to see:

Barnes/Banton
    FVV/GTJ
    Anunoby/Watanabe
    Siakam/Boucher
    Birch/Achiuwa
    But Yuta and Siakam are coming back so there would be less minutes to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Him having a mid life crisis and their family feud spilling out in the public and dragging MLSE through the mud with them isn't a good look though. Thankfully he wasn't that involved with the Raptors but I wouldn't be surprised if it has real consequences for the Jays and the Leafs.
    The Leafs donít need any help, they are garbage all on their own. Iíll never be a fan. Lol ever.

But I get what youíre saying about the Jays

But Yuta and Siakam are coming back so there would be less minutes to go around.
    This is true. And if FVV is grabbing 43 minutes like he did against Chicago it definitely limits what is leftover to go around.

I have to admit, the Dragic situation isn't great. I thought he was better than he is showing. Old legs look to be catching up to him. I was on board with trying to get value for him, but it is looking like it may have to be a buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The Leafs donít need any help, they are garbage all on their own. Iíll never be a fan. Lol ever.

But I get what youíre saying about the Jays
    I donít really follow hockey, I just know he was heavily involved with the other teams especially the Jays.

This is true. And if FVV is grabbing 43 minutes like he did against Chicago it definitely limits what is leftover to go around.

I have to admit, the Dragic situation isn't great. I thought he was better than he is showing. Old legs look to be catching up to him. I was on board with trying to get value for him, but it is looking like it may have to be a buyout.
    I think Banton being able to beat guys off the bounce without needing a screen is a huge bonus though. Thatís basically lottery level talent weíre getting. I agree with Nick though he should be playing him more lol. Iím really interested to see what he is going to do when Yuta and Siakam come back.

FVV isnít a good playmaker but we really need his leadership and defence out there so I donít really see his minutes changing barring injury.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-27-2021 at 11:49 AM.

I think Banton being able to beat guys off the bounce without needing a screen is a huge bonus though. Thatís basically lottery level talent weíre getting. I agree with Nick though he should be playing him more lol. Iím really interested to see what he is going to do when Yuta and Siakam come back.

FVV isnít a good playmaker but we really need his leadership and defence out there so I donít really see his minutes changing barring injury.
    Absolutely. FVV fascinates me. We are doing this plan to have long, athletic and range wings switching everything and somehow this 5'11 guy fits right in with the switching and seems as disruptive as the bigger guys on the court. 43 minutes just feels like too much. Hopefully it is closer to 38 most nights.

Absolutely. FVV fascinates me. We are doing this plan to have long, athletic and range wings switching everything and somehow this 5'11 guy fits right in with the switching and seems as disruptive as the bigger guys on the court. 43 minutes just feels like too much. Hopefully it is closer to 38 most nights.
    Totally agree. Dudes an enigma. Really hope he can keep the assists up and cut the turnovers down. Combined with his shooting and defence thatís a scary player. Never mind the confidence.

His playmaking is meh. Creating off of short rolls is pretty low end stuff and the shots he is creating are pretty low quality. He's way better in a controlled scoring role tbh. The last couple minutes of Bull's game exemplified that imo. Unless you have him in fantasy, you wouldn't want his assist numbers to be up.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-27-2021 at 02:15 PM.

I'd like to see Banton get an extended run tonight. He has already improved a lot from summer league and with his size, he should be able to see over defenders and make those weak side reads.

I'm hoping Flynn gets an opportunity as well if Dragic starts slow.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Really liking Scottie Barnes. Game 5 of his career and I'm already ecstatic with what he can do.

And the defense on our squad is next level. All those long rangey hands swinging at every exposed ball. Totally disruptive.

Banton is gonna be so sick

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Banton is gonna be so sick
    right on cue, that dude goes end to end for the and 1.

FVV leading a game of giants in rebounding. 10 already. Just a monster effort. He may not be a traditional playmaker, but such an exceptional basketball player.

Barnes is pretty special guys. Is there a better rookie in the NBA right now? He just turned 20 years old...

FVV leading a game of giants in rebounding. 10 already. Just a monster effort. He may not be a traditional playmaker, but such an exceptional basketball player.
    I prefer him in a scoring role anyway

Barnes is pretty special guys. Is there a better rookie in the NBA right now? He just turned 20 years old...
    Wagner, Mobley, Barnes and Giddey have been the best rookies so far.

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast