Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think he is pretty much at his ceiling idk. maybe his ball handling will surprise one day but it hasn't improved at all. Demar improved on somethings but there were a lot of things he could never get down.
    I think he can pick an area of his game to improve on in each off season, like Demar use too. All depends on that work ethic. I donít expect him to become Beal but I do expect him to improve on those handles, and maybe have a little less tunnel vision so he can read the game better but Iím not sure thatís something you can work on. Probably tied to ball iq.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think he can pick an area of his game to improve on in each off season, like Demar use too. All depends on that work ethic. I donít expect him to become Beal but I do expect him to improve on those handles, and maybe have a little less tunnel vision so he can read the game better but Iím not sure thatís something you can work on. Probably tied to ball iq.
    Scottie and Gary need to switch mindsets lmfao. but idk if Gary can continue to make those types of shots, he'll be pretty dangerous.

Scottie and Gary need to switch mindsets lmfao. but idk if Gary can continue to make those types of shots, he'll be pretty dangerous.
    Yeah I thought I heard nurse say he wants Scottie taking at least 4 3s per game. He had the green light he just needs to look for his shot more.

I really think GTJs role is 6th man. He had that Lou Williams mentality where he just wants to fill it up as soon as he touches the floor. Iím hoping to see him in that role when OG comes back

Honestly I don't mind lol. Play in for what. Best case scenario, Precious figures it out and makes us all eat our words for wanting Maxey. Worst case scenario, he sucks but we're gonna win the same amount of games with Yuta starting anyway so no lose scenario honestly lol.
    Precious is pretty young too. I like his motor and competitive drive. He has a couple years left on his contract after this year. I think heíll be given time to figure it out. Nurse kinda throws the young guys to the wolves hoping to accelerate their development. The ones he believes in anyway. I suspect thatís why he has the leash he has

I love the way Barnes took sabonis off the dribble and bullied him in the pain. He needs to assert himself like that more

idk why Indy was hesitant to give Turner that contract and wants to trade him so bad. I feel like his production would be higher if he wasn't playing with Sabonis too.

idk why Indy was hesitant to give Turner that contract and wants to trade him so bad. I feel like his production would be higher if he wasn't playing with Sabonis too.
    It does seem weird. Maybe because heís such a unicorn, they think they can land a top talent in the league for him. Or maybe when you analyze the tape he has some boucher in him, stuffing some stats but not ultimately contributing to winning (gambling on defence etc).

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    It does seem weird. Maybe because heís such a unicorn, they think they can land a top talent in the league for him. Or maybe when you analyze the tape he has some boucher in him, stuffing some stats but not ultimately contributing to winning (gambling on defence etc).
    I think they just think their money can be better spent elsewhere and are choosing Sabonis over him since Sabonis is more versatile. I also think we rate him higher than other teams tbh. We don't need him to have Rudy Gobert level impact. But other teams probably want that level of impact.

I remember a couple years ago people were down on Collins and Turner because they couldn't guard bigger dudes like Embiid. But we don't need a 1v1 guy since that's not how we play anyway.

I think they just think their money can be better spent elsewhere and are choosing Sabonis over him since Sabonis is more versatile. I also think we rate him higher than other teams tbh. We don't need him to have Rudy Gobert level impact. But other teams probably want that level of impact.

I remember a couple years ago people were down on Collins and Turner because they couldn't guard bigger dudes like Embiid. But we don't need a 1v1 guy since that's not how we play anyway.
    I totally understand wanting to matchup, like we were hunting a lebron stopper for a decade.
    But I do not feel like we need to plan ahead for embiid in the playoffs at all. Maybe Iíll get proven wrong about this eventually, but playoff embiid is not someone Iím building my roster against.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I totally understand wanting to matchup, like we were hunting a lebron stopper for a decade.
    But I do not feel like we need to plan ahead for embiid in the playoffs at all. Maybe Iíll get proven wrong about this eventually, but playoff embiid is not someone Iím building my roster against.
    I honestly don't think it is that important anymore since we help so much even when we have an elite defender like OG on an island. It was different with Casey's schemes. Even when we had Gasol and Kawhi, they got plenty of help and we defend way more aggressive now. People act like Kawhi single handedly shut down Giannis but dude pretty much got swarmed on 16-18 feet out.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-27-2021 at 11:53 PM.

To be fair though, the defensive numbers with Precious are pretty good. It's usually Barnes, Gary and sometimes Siakam that break the chain.

Yeah I think they just want to go with Sabonis as their primary big, and Turner can be used as a chip to place better fitting talent around Sabonis/Brogdon/Levert.

This offense is so brutal. OG and Trent both missing hurts really badly. Neither are star scorers, but they can at least compete offensively in the half court.

Desmond Bane would be a perfect young player for this team. Missed opportunity taking Flynn over him in the draft.

If we do ever decide to trade Siakam, Memphis has a lot of players that would fit here well.

Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast