Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    yeah gtj isn't that good lol. not every player has potential just cause they're young. gtj is pretty much maxed out imo. lights out shooter though? ehhhhhh
    I don't know if he's lights out because if he was, he would be in the Steph, Klay, Lillard, etc category and Trent Jr is not it

He has potential but to say he could be an All Star caliber player, he has years to go before that could ever happen

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I don't know if he's lights out because if he was, he would be in the Steph, Klay, Lillard, etc category and Trent Jr is not it

He has potential but to say he could be an All Star caliber player, he has years to go before that could ever happen
    he's an ok player being maximized to the best of his abilities by his coach but has huge holes in his game. His defence is being overrated too. I'm curious how he will adjust when teams realize he can't drive and will stop and pull up in the key.
    Last edited by ecart; 12-07-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    he's an ok player being maximized to the best of his abilities by his coach but has huge holes in his game. His defence is being overrated too. I'm curious how he will adjust when teams realize he can't drive and will stop and pull up in the key.
    If he can fix said holes in his game, then yeah he can be not just good but he can be great

If he can fix said holes in his game, then yeah he can be not just good but he can be great
    Anyone can be great if they just got better at everything they suck at. Limitations.

If GTJ for Turner is the idea, I like it for the Raptors, but not sure why Indiana does that. They just drafted Duarte at SG. LeVert is apparently on the block as well. If they are trading young core players in their mid-20's, I'm guessing a a guy with 2 years left on his deal in GTJ won't fit their rebuilding timeline. Would have to be a 3rd team involved.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    If GTJ for Turner is the idea, I like it for the Raptors, but not sure why Indiana does that. They just drafted Duarte at SG. LeVert is apparently on the block as well. If they are trading young core players in their mid-20's, I'm guessing a a guy with 2 years left on his deal in GTJ won't fit their rebuilding timeline. Would have to be a 3rd team involved.
    GTJ is 22
    His contract is 2 years but has a player option on the last year. Essentially he could become an expiring next year. (Likely will in hopes of a bigger contract)

Duarte has some size and can play SF as well, I would imagine Warren gets traded too.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    GTJ is 22
    His contract is 2 years but has a player option on the last year. Essentially he could become an expiring next year. (Likely will in hopes of a bigger contract)

Duarte has some size and can play SF as well, I would imagine Warren gets traded too.
    warren is out for the year and this is his last year

Yeah but if y'all trade for Myles Turner, only way is:

Indiana Pacers receive: Pascal Siakam, Svi Mykhailiuk
    Toronto Raptors Receive: Myles Turner, Jeremy Lamb, Oshae Brissett, 2022 First-Round Pick, 2022 Second Round Pick (via MIA)

Then your new look Raptors squad y'all

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Scottie Barnes
    PF- OG Anunoby
    C- Myles Turner

2nd unit

PG- Banton/Flynn
    SG- Dragic/Lamb
    SF- Brissett
    PF- Boucher/Watanabe
    C- Birch

Then your new look Pacers

PG- Brogdon
    SG- Duarte
    SF- Levert
    PF- Siakam
    C- Sabonis

Pascal goes to Indiana but he teams up with another All Star in Sabonis, you have a Twin Towers in Indy

But also a near All Star caliber talent in Brogdon

But TJ Warren he would be on his way out the door anyway

Toronto Raptors Receive: Myles Turner, Jeremy Lamb, Oshae Brissett, 2022 First-Round Pick, 2022 Second Round Pick (via MIA)

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Scottie Barnes
    PF- OG Anunoby
    C- Myles Turner

2nd unit

PG- Banton/Flynn
    SG- Dragic/Lamb
    SF- Brissett
    PF- Boucher/Watanabe
    C- Birch

PG- Brogdon
    SG- Duarte
    SF- Levert
    PF- Siakam
    C- Sabonis

Pascal goes to Indiana but he teams up with another All Star in Sabonis, you have a Twin Towers in Indy

Yeah. Because that’s what Indiana wants to do. Spend 1st rounders.

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Scottie Barnes
    PF- OG Anunoby
    C- Myles Turner

2nd unit

PG- Banton/Flynn
    SG- Dragic/Lamb
    SF- Brissett
    PF- Boucher/Watanabe
    C- Birch

PG- Brogdon
    SG- Duarte
    SF- Levert
    PF- Siakam
    C- Sabonis

maybe one of your worst ideas ever..lol

How do you figure tho if Siakam ends up in Indy and not to mention he would be teaming up with All Star caliber talent in Sabonis and Brogdon? Plus Toronto gets younger but better

Cause they're saying they want to tank and you come up with the most non-tank trade possible

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    GTJ is 22

It's not about the age. Pretty sure Duarte is actually older than Trent. Interestingly, I think Duarte is almost as old as Turner. Its more about controllability. If they blow that up, they need contract length. Getting Trent who will be a UFA after 2 years puts them in a tough spot. Huge overpay or let him go wherever he wants. Might as well keep Turner or deal him for more long-term value. If we signed Trent to a 4-5 year deal, he'd have more value. His contract wouldn't make him appealing to a big rebuild, even though he is still very young.

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Scottie Barnes
    PF- OG Anunoby
    C- Myles Turner

2nd unit

PG- Banton/Flynn
    SG- Dragic/Lamb
    SF- Brissett
    PF- Boucher/Watanabe
    C- Birch

PG- Brogdon
    SG- Duarte
    SF- Levert
    PF- Siakam
    C- Sabonis

The salaries don’t come close to matching. That trade wouldn’t even be allowed, it also wouldn’t help either team.

Pacers want to blow it up. That means they want first round picks. They wouldn’t send them out.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It's not about the age. Pretty sure Duarte is actually older than Trent. Interestingly, I think Duarte is almost as old as Turner. Its more about controllability. If they blow that up, they need contract length. Getting Trent who will be a UFA after 2 years puts them in a tough spot. Huge overpay or let him go wherever he wants. Might as well keep Turner or deal him for more long-term value. If we signed Trent to a 4-5 year deal, he'd have more value. His contract wouldn't make him appealing to a big rebuild, even though he is still very young.
    If they like him they can offer him a contract after next year…

I’m not sure any team would want GTJ on a 5 year contract as no one really knows what he’s going to be in a couple years. I think it’s to their benefit to get a couple of seasons to evaluate him. Also is Turners value that high? I’m not sure.

I mean if we’re looking at age, then Brogdon would be the first to go by that logic right?

I’m not even sure why the Pacers are pulling the plug. Imo all they should be doing is shopping Levert and then trying to replace Warren. Sabonis/Brgodon/Turner are good players. Why not retool? Just thinking out loud here

Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast