Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I still get excited in seeing OG, Siakam and Barnes together. That's a lot of athletic length on D....and all 3 can create shots.
    Add FVV + GTjr to that list. This team be defending great by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    His role is diminished by choice. Nurse is literally begging him to take shots. You can hear him yelling at him.
    Yup, nurse is pushing him to shoot and be more aggressive. Heís mentioned it a couple times in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You guys seriously not seeing what Iím seeing in siakam offensively this season? The numbers are what they are, but dude looks silky smooth. Good deliberate decision making and constantly looking for an open man or double team. I think heís taken a huge step. We will need to win before he will get any respect, but he looks a lot closer to a #1 option than he ever has before.
    He has looked good and it has been a nice bounce back season for him. But he is no where near an option 1 player and I doubt he lives up to that contract he got. But I am glad to see him doing well and if he can get that 3 point shooting % up, that would be great.

Iím really liking our staring 5 when healthy and once they gain some chemistry. Itís a solid 5 man unit of young 2 way players.
    I think GTJ is the perfect mold of a 6 man. He is instant offense and he has some tunnel vision. If that doesnít spell 6th man I donít know what does.

I would go with a line up of FVV/OG/Barnes/Siakam/Birch

With a 2nd unit of GTJ/Svi/Yuta/Boucher/Precious.

That 2nd unit will need a pg though and Flynn ainít gonna cut it. Itís been clear to me since day 1 this team is gonna need to improve at the 1/5. We really need a starting caliber C and a good pg for the 2nd.

If Dallas is willing to part with Brunson I wouldnít mind targeting him to be our back up pg.

Walker could be an option too, if the Knicks arenít using him he could likely be bad for pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think GTJ is the perfect mold of a 6 man. He is instant offense and he has some tunnel vision. If that doesnít spell 6th man I donít know what does.

I would go with a line up of FVV/OG/Barnes/Siakam/Birch

With a 2nd unit of GTJ/Svi/Yuta/Boucher/Precious.

That 2nd unit will need a pg though and Flynn ainít gonna cut it. Itís been clear to me since day 1 this team is gonna need to improve at the 1/5. We really need a starting caliber C and a good pg for the 2nd.

If Dallas is willing to part with Brunson I wouldnít mind targeting him to be our back up pg.

Walker could be an option too, if the Knicks arenít using him he could likely be bad for pretty cheap.
    You donít want Banton in the roto?

I completely understand what youíre saying about GTjr and I donít disagree. However, heís 22 and really taking some nice steps forward defensively. Iíd personally prefer to keep him in the starting lineup so he can face the oppositions best 5. At 22 I am not prepared to say ďthis is who he is going to beĒ. Right now he is Lou Williams, but what Iíd like is Rip Hamilton. I want him to keep building chemistry with the starting unit.

In my line you quoted I was drawing back to my earlier post of not knowing what I would add to this team to make them more competitive in the future and now. I do t want a 5 because I want to give time to see if this switchability movement can work, and I feel birch fills the matchup role just fine and without drama. At PG I want the minutes that arenít going to FVV (who is still developing) to go to Banton. We donít need any more forwardsÖ but I think an offensive 6man would be a good addition. Not looking to subtract from the starting unit for that though.

Boucher has looked a bit better since sitting that one game out. Been seeing more cuts to the basket from him.

IF we can sort out the defenceÖ we have the makings of a Detroit pistons style balanced starting 5.

2k for example has all of our starting unit above 80 overall. Obviously thatís just based on perception of the masses, but basically translates to the league valuing each of our individual starters as more than a role player. Every one of them potential all stars. Once Barnes is over his rookie mistakes we will have a starting unit that can all operate at the top level on both sides of the ball.

Iím only relegating GTjr to the bench if we draft a Barnes style top talent/high ceiling SG that we see as a bigger part of the future.

Add FVV + GTjr to that list. This team be defending great by the end of the year.
    Actually, I purposely left those 2 off. As good a defender as each of them has been, neither has the length to really bother shooters.

I like:

FVV/Banton
    OG/GTJ
    Barnes
    Siakam
    Birch/Achiuwa

With Yuta 9th and Svi and Boucher fighting for the 10th spot in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Actually, I purposely left those 2 off. As good a defender as each of them has been, neither has the length to really bother shooters.

I like:

FVV/Banton
    OG/GTJ
    Barnes
    Siakam
    Birch/Achiuwa

With Yuta 9th and Svi and Boucher fighting for the 10th spot in the rotation.
    Need someone who can press full court from time to time and you need someone quick enough to defend the point of attack. Unless youíre trading for Simmons, I donít think there are many players that can play good PG and also bring the length. Maybe Iím just missing the point of your post. Apologies if it flew over my head.

Just went back and read and I think you are talking more about the individual talent, but I see this possibly working out as a full 5 man unit. Could be the best defensive lineup in the league if they can box out.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yup, nurse is pushing him to shoot and be more aggressive. Heís mentioned it a couple times in interviews.
    You can hear it on the broadcast a lot, it is pretty funny.

They're going to trade at least one of Trent, OG or Pascal eventually. shrug. This whole conversation reminds me of when we bickered about who of the young guns to start or invest development time or trade. This core isn't really that special. I'm not worried about them developing chemistry.
    Last edited by ecart; 12-06-2021 at 05:04 PM.

IF we can sort out the defenceÖ we have the makings of a Detroit pistons style balanced starting 5.

2k for example has all of our starting unit above 80 overall. Obviously thatís just based on perception of the masses, but basically translates to the league valuing each of our individual starters as more than a role player. Every one of them potential all stars. Once Barnes is over his rookie mistakes we will have a starting unit that can all operate at the top level on both sides of the ball.

Iím only relegating GTjr to the bench if we draft a Barnes style top talent/high ceiling SG that we see as a bigger part of the future.
    lol chill

Just went back and read and I think you are talking more about the individual talent, but I see this possibly working out as a full 5 man unit. Could be the best defensive lineup in the league if they can box out.
    I simply didn't include them as I was talking specifically about long athletic defenders in that original post. It was no slight to FVV or GTJ. Fred isn't going anywhere and is obviously going to start. Then you have OG, Pascal and Barnes who can all defend 2's, 3's and 4's....and create shots for themselves as well as others with the ball in their hands. So they can def all play together.

The only question I have isn't whether or not GTJ deserves to start. The question is does a floor spacing SG like him make the best 5 man unit along with those 4, or does someone who can defend 7 footers and dominate around the rim fit better?

I think GTJ's game is made for being a great 6th man type. He's instant offense off the bench and on D he has shown he can dig in and create consistent turnovers for you too. If they can ever all get in the lineup I think FVV, OG, Siakam and Barnes can provide enough offense from the starters. What this team still needs though is someone who they can count on off the bench to give them consistent bench scoring....and I trust GTJ a lot more than I trust Banton, Svi, Yuta or Boucher.

You donít want Banton in the roto?

I completely understand what youíre saying about GTjr and I donít disagree. However, heís 22 and really taking some nice steps forward defensively. Iíd personally prefer to keep him in the starting lineup so he can face the oppositions best 5. At 22 I am not prepared to say ďthis is who he is going to beĒ. Right now he is Lou Williams, but what Iíd like is Rip Hamilton. I want him to keep building chemistry with the starting unit.

In my line you quoted I was drawing back to my earlier post of not knowing what I would add to this team to make them more competitive in the future and now. I do t want a 5 because I want to give time to see if this switchability movement can work, and I feel birch fills the matchup role just fine and without drama. At PG I want the minutes that arenít going to FVV (who is still developing) to go to Banton. We donít need any more forwardsÖ but I think an offensive 6man would be a good addition. Not looking to subtract from the starting unit for that though.

Boucher has looked a bit better since sitting that one game out. Been seeing more cuts to the basket from him.
    Huge gap between Lou and Rip. I donít think GTJ has that kind of potential tbh.

Banton is a project. Heís a couple seasons away. Other wise Iím all for his development. But that 2nd unit needs leadership right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    They're going to trade at least one of Trent, OG or Pascal eventually. shrug. This whole conversation reminds me of when we bickered about who of the young guns to start or invest development time or trade. This core isn't really that special. I'm not worried about them developing chemistry.
    The young guns werenít that good. It was Demar, Weems, and Johnson right? Obviously Siakam/OG/GTJ are far better as a trio.

I think GTJ will be the one who gets traded. He has two years remaining on his contract and the final year is a player option he will likely opt out of. I would offer him straight up for Turner.

Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast