Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Ball moving much better tonight.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Raptors play the Champs the Bucks tonight and honestly being brutally honest and this is no knock on the Raptors but they realistically have no chance tonight against the Bucks
    You were saying? Raptors are at their best when ppl are underestimating them.

Middleton and Siakams numbers are strikingly similar tonight

everytime tg11 talks, we win

I can give credit where it is due y'all did beat the Bucks but it isn't like Giannis was even playing last night because he wasn't. But a win is still a win. So for that I can at least give y'all some credit.

Iím really REALLY enjoying watching siakam on offence this season. Itís really remarkable difference from last season. Feels like he is more concerned with his efficiency stats and getting good shots for teammates than he is his scoring totals.
    Not trying to start a debate again, but I feel like siakam is doing things on offence that randle will never be able to do. If siakam keeps this up (and gets back to his old defending ways) then I think he will lock himself into that next tier of PF.
    Sry I keep bringing it up. Itís just such a relief after all the concerns about him over the last couple seasons. Itís starting to click for him on offence.

Whenever I see Portis enjoying his career and being a fan favourite, I remember how he ended his TEAMMATES nba career on purpose in practise. **** that guy I hope ibaka fights him one day lol.

Nice to see no one is complaining about FVV being our leader anymore. Dude was ready for this, and heís doing great.

Also love nurses out of time out plays. FVV with that baseline lob give and go for 3 was lovely. A Seen him call that legacyJV play from the Casey dayís where the centre gets the ball and fakes the handoff, opening the lane to the basket. Heís been calling it for Barnes all season.

@ecart the defence has been good again the last couple games. Curious about your analysis of what has changed.

Can yuta take any credit? He looks like a perfect glue guy out there. What do the numbers say?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    @ecart the defence has been good again the last couple games. Curious about your analysis of what has changed.

Can yuta take any credit? He looks like a perfect glue guy out there. What do the numbers say?
    Better X outs. Bad offensive teams. I mean Yuta hasn't really done much. He hasn't been that impactful but he doesn't make mistakes either.

Yuta is shooting 40% from deep again. They need him to come in and knock down 3's. That isn't a strength for Pascal, Boucher, Banton, Birch or Achiuwa. ..and Svi has really only shot it well as a starter.

I wonder if they should try starting Svi at SG and using GTJ as a 6th man that plays 30+ mpg when OG comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Yuta is shooting 40% from deep again. They need him to come in and knock down 3's. That isn't a strength for Pascal, Boucher, Banton, Birch or Achiuwa. ..and Svi has really only shot it well as a starter.

I wonder if they should try starting Svi at SG and using GTJ as a 6th man that plays 30+ mpg when OG comes back.
    I like it, but I cannot see nurse relegating GTjr to the bench. Nurse giving him every opportunity to succeed.

Also I want to say that pascal has been shooting great from 3 since returning.

svi doesn't put in enough effort on d for nurse to award him like that

Iím really REALLY enjoying watching siakam on offence this season. Itís really remarkable difference from last season. Feels like he is more concerned with his efficiency stats and getting good shots for teammates than he is his scoring totals.
    Not trying to start a debate again, but I feel like siakam is doing things on offence that randle will never be able to do. If siakam keeps this up (and gets back to his old defending ways) then I think he will lock himself into that next tier of PF.
    Sry I keep bringing it up. Itís just such a relief after all the concerns about him over the last couple seasons. Itís starting to click for him on offence.

Whenever I see Portis enjoying his career and being a fan favourite, I remember how he ended his TEAMMATES nba career on purpose in practise. **** that guy I hope ibaka fights him one day lol.

Nice to see no one is complaining about FVV being our leader anymore. Dude was ready for this, and heís doing great.

Also love nurses out of time out plays. FVV with that baseline lob give and go for 3 was lovely. A Seen him call that legacyJV play from the Casey dayís where the centre gets the ball and fakes the handoff, opening the lane to the basket. Heís been calling it for Barnes all season.
    The question was never if Siakam is better than Randle. The context was that he is much higher paid and Randle lead his team to the playoffs while being 8th in MVP voting. This season the Knicks and Raptors are pretty evenly matched. But I think itís fair to say that Freddy and OG are better than anyone Randle has on his squad.

The difference in salary is about $12 million this year. The other example was Sabonis whoís making about $14 mill less. The question for me has always been the contract itself. However, now that weíre retooling itís a moot point because where else would we spend the money to get needle movers anyways? Itís not like weíre contending and need every bit of salary space we can use.

Iím happy with Pascal and I agree itís nice to see him having a bounce back season. As for the defence, I donít really think heís the issue. I think itís more of systemic/scheme issue.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-04-2021 at 07:51 AM.

I like it, but I cannot see nurse relegating GTjr to the bench. Nurse giving him every opportunity to succeed.

Also I want to say that pascal has been shooting great from 3 since returning.
    Has he? Pascal is shooting under 32% from deep this season. You call that "great"?

Also, I wouldn't call it relegating him to the bench if he still plays 30+mpg. He's only playing 34mpg so far. If anything I would think it would allow him to take even more shots. However, from the sounds of it OG isn't coming back any time soon since he appears to have hit a wall in his recovery that they can't explain. I feel bad for OG. He keeps getting weird lengthy injuries that hinder his development....and yet he still looked like Kawhi-lite this year before he went down with his slow power moves in the paint to go with his outside game and elite defense.

We still have barely seen FVV, OG, Siakam and Barnes. So we actually don't know if those 4 need a rebounding/rim protecting 5, or if they need a shot creating/floor spacing SG. My eyes tell me the former. I want someone all of our great defenders can lead people into instead of trying to just force jumpers. So if Birch could ever stay healthy, or if they trade for one at the deadline like we have been hoping all season, I think as well as GTJ has played both him and Svi will eventually be coming off the bench. Barnes is that good....and i care more about him developing chemistry with FVV, OG and Pascal than GTJ. As good as he has played on D, the ball kind of seems to stop when it gets in his hands most of the time. I think his game works just as well off the bench as it does with our starters.

Nurse is always going to play his best 5. He's not going to bench GTJ for Birch or whoever. And swapping Svi for GTJ is so pointless.

Siakam is literally the same if not worse, efficiency wise. The only difference is we have Barnes and Nurse really wants him to take 30 shots a game, so Siakam can't call his number as much or get the same number of transition buckets. He's taking more jumpers, more shots with less dribbles (not as much iso), less contested shots, less shots in the paint, less early shot attempts (transition) etc.
    Last edited by ecart; 12-04-2021 at 07:11 PM.