Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    If we do ever decide to trade Siakam, Memphis has a lot of players that would fit here well.
    they would love to have him too. that's who they thought jjj would turn into. traded jv so they could switch more too lmfao. sucks cause dillon brooks is an all d caliber defender but he won't get any accolades.

Desmond Bane would be a perfect young player for this team. Missed opportunity taking Flynn over him in the draft.
    yup. he's not a nba player. at least he won't be with us.

This offense is so brutal. OG and Trent both missing hurts really badly. Neither are star scorers, but they can at least compete offensively in the half court.
    hurts their defense too. being halfway decent at halfcourt o means you get more opportunities to set your defense.

2-7 at home. That's a number I did not expect.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    we may never lose again, boys!
    we may never win again, boys!
    (just trying to reverse the hex I seem to have put on this team)

Flynn isnít that bad. He just isnít flashing anything beyond back up PG, and thatís a disappointment compared to masaiís drafting record. He does everything well, but nothing great. He isnít unplayable though. I do t think heís hurting us out there.

Siakam looks ready to be a 1A scorer. I like how he is picking his spots and his post moves look sharper, less flaily. And the chemistry with Barnes improves every game. You can see the vision of having 2 bigs that are quick and can defend any switch, spread the floor and theyíre both very good passers now that siakam added that to his game.

Yuta did his best impression of a needle mover last night. I like the kid. I think he gets locked up for a couple seasons after this one.

I keep running through dofferent scenarios on how I want this team to proceed, and after thinking about it I always land back on just waiting. They need time. I think a starting 5 of FVV/GTjr/OG/Barnes/Siakam can compete in this league at the highest level if that middle chunk develops as hoped.

Like we donít need more wings. Iím also not convinced we need to upgrade birch or precious (who also needs time). The. I swing up to PG looking at upgrades, and I think we could already have our PGís for the next 5 years in FVV and Banton.

I think the move is to just be patient and keep developing. Add some drafteeís and keep the wheels turning.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Flynn isnít that bad. He just isnít flashing anything beyond back up PG, and thatís a disappointment compared to masaiís drafting record. He does everything well, but nothing great. He isnít unplayable though. I do t think heís hurting us out there.

Siakam looks ready to be a 1A scorer. I like how he is picking his spots and his post moves look sharper, less flaily. And the chemistry with Barnes improves every game. You can see the vision of having 2 bigs that are quick and can defend any switch, spread the floor and theyíre both very good passers now that siakam added that to his game.

Yuta did his best impression of a needle mover last night. I like the kid. I think he gets locked up for a couple seasons after this one.

I keep running through dofferent scenarios on how I want this team to proceed, and after thinking about it I always land back on just waiting. They need time. I think a starting 5 of FVV/GTjr/OG/Barnes/Siakam can compete in this league at the highest level if that middle chunk develops as hoped.

Like we donít need more wings. Iím also not convinced we need to upgrade birch or precious (who also needs time). The. I swing up to PG looking at upgrades, and I think we could already have our PGís for the next 5 years in FVV and Banton.

I think the move is to just be patient and keep developing. Add some drafteeís and keep the wheels turning.

Anyone agree? Disagree?
    Siakam will always be a 2nd option at best. He does much better playing off the ball. He looks good right now and really should during the season. But come playoffs time when the game slows down and weíre forced in to half court sets, thatís when you will see him running in to problems as a go to scorer.

That doesnít mean heís not a really good player. I just think the best role for him is off the ball. Heís the guy you want the ball kicked out too when your main guy is being doubled. When heís the main focus of the defence he tends to force a lot and thatís not really his fault. Itís like making Middleton the go to guy, he would struggle in that situation as well. But Siakam as a second option would really thrive.

I do agree he is playing great right now, and I donít see why he couldnít keep that up. Iím happy with Siakam. Itís the depth on this team Iím having a hard time watching.

As for Flynn, I donít even expect him to be on the roster next year tbh. Iíd rather Banton get the mins at back up point guard. Plus heís younger and has a higher ceiling. Much rather invest in his development than Flynn who is turning 24 in a few months.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-01-2021 at 03:44 PM.

A small guard that can't get to the rim or shoot or defend and you think he does everything well and doesn't hurt us out there. Interesting take.

Back up point guard? He would be lucky if he gets to stay in the league.
    Last edited by ecart; 12-01-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    2-7 at home. That's a number I did not expect.

This team is only about 5 players deep and is currently under construction. In years past we had continuity. We donít have that benefit anymore and our 2nd unit is extremely thin.

FVV/GTJ/Barnes/OG/Siakam

I would say Boucher is our 6th most important player.

Banton is a nice prospect. Svi can be a good rotational player.

Precious is a project

Birch is a back up big on a good team. And Iím starting to think he is very injury prone.

When Masai believes this core is ready to compete I think he will add some veterean help, and much needed depth. I really think he views this as a developmental year and will likely want to keep adding more talent through the draft.

So the standings are really no surprise. Anyone who looked at this roster realistically would know that this was not going to be a competitive season.

Also with out OG in the line up we were bound to struggle. Thereís so little depth on this team that even if one starter is injured weíre ****ed.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-01-2021 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    A small guard that can't get to the rim or shoot or defend and you think he does everything well and doesn't hurt us out there. Interesting take.

If nurse had any faith in him he would get a lot more playing time. Especially in a developmental season.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If nurse had any faith in him he would get a lot more playing time. Especially in a developmental season.
    I'm pretty sure Nurse made up his mind in summer league. It was basically confirmed when Nurse tried to use Dragic as an excuse for why Flynn wasn't playing lmfao when the season started.

But yeah I think they miscalculated hard on the playmaking front. Will be interesting to see how they recalibrate.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post

Yeah I think he does all of those things you listed at a C+ level. My issue with him is I donít see them improving. Heís not an abyss out there. He hits open 3ís, gets to the basket when thereís a lane, and defends his butt off. Just none of those qualities stand out as special. I could see him having a tyus Jones type impact in the right situation.

Yeah I think he does all of those things you listed at a C+ level. My issue with him is I donít see them improving. Heís not an abyss out there. He hits open 3ís, gets to the basket when thereís a lane, and defends his butt off. Just none of those qualities stand out as special. I could see him having a tyus Jones type impact in the right situation.
    Honestly, he does none of those things. He literally shoots 20% on open 3s and can't get to the basket when there's a lane. There isn't a large enough sample size this season yet for playtype data but even last year where he was playing way better, he was only in the 20th-40th percentile for spot ups, pnr ball handling and isolation.

Defensively, he allows a field goal percentage of 54.2% and on 3s 57.1%. To put into perspective how bad these numbers are, Kemba allows a FG% of 45.2% and on 3s 43.7%. In contrast, an elite defender like OG is allowing 42.2% and 27.6%, Fred 43.2 and 28.8% respectively.

Also, I wouldn't say C+ is "does everything well" and besides, he's more like F in a lot of those areas.
    Last edited by ecart; 12-01-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Raptors play the Champs the Bucks tonight and honestly being brutally honest and this is no knock on the Raptors but they realistically have no chance tonight against the Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    This team is only about 5 players deep and is currently under construction. In years past we had continuity. We donít have that benefit anymore and our 2nd unit is extremely thin.

FVV/GTJ/Barnes/OG/Siakam

I would say Boucher is our 6th most important player.

Banton is a nice prospect. Svi can be a good rotational player.

Precious is a project

Birch is a back up big on a good team. And Iím starting to think he is very injury prone.

When Masai believes this core is ready to compete I think he will add some veterean help, and much needed depth. I really think he views this as a developmental year and will likely want to keep adding more talent through the draft.

So the standings are really no surprise. Anyone who looked at this roster realistically would know that this was not going to be a competitive season.

Also with out OG in the line up we were bound to struggle. Thereís so little depth on this team that even if one starter is injured weíre ****ed.
    I think the home record is surprising. They have played some okay teams but yeah the injuries, new players, continuity are all factors to their struggles.

Last edited by aman_13; 12-02-2021 at 09:09 PM.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

The Raptors love to bail out teams by over helping.

Surprised boucher is still getting minutes, but I suppose who else are they going to give them to?