Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 164 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2453
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Once again we played 7 guys and Boucher is our only productive player off the bench…. I digress
    I don't disagree it is a problem. I disagree that trading long term assets or cap flexibility for short term solutions now is an unwise solution

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I don't disagree it is a problem. I disagree that trading long term assets or cap flexibility for short term solutions now is an unwise solution
    We have a core, we have developmental pieces and picks for more prospects. What’s wrong with shopping an expiring contract to try and get some value back?

What happens when FVV or Siakam go down because they are playing nearly 40 mpg? Does the concept of depth change the trajectory of what we’re building on?

Another tough loss. Was a good hard fought game though. Can’t help but think if they had just a little …. Never mind lol

We have a core, we have developmental pieces and picks for more prospects. What’s wrong with shopping an expiring contract to try and get some value back?

What happens when FVV or Siakam go down because they are playing nearly 40 mpg? Does the concept of depth change the trajectory of what we’re building on?
    I'll respond to these separately.

1) Nothing wrong with shopping an expiring deal. You just have to want to hold onto the long term deal you are acquiring. I don't like the Eric Gordon deal for the Raptors even if there are no picks attached. It kills the ability to do other things. He is a bench scorer that does little else on the basketball floor. Raptors shouldn't pay 20 million per year through to 2024 for that asset IMO. If he was a free agent and we had the cap space to make the signing, I'd think "please don't..." He has been a negative player in terms of VORP, Win shares, etc for at least 3 seasons now. He is 32. His contract pays him until 35. It would be like Dallas trading Josh Green and cap filler for Goran Dragic (as rumoured). 6 months later, Dragic can't even play in the NBA and Josh Green is hitting big shots and making a strong defensive impact for a good team. It is short sighted thinking to throw money at declining assets and at some point they become liabilities, not assets. If teams need to win NOW. Gordon makes sense as a NOW piece. We aren't aligned with that IMO. The idea that 40 million over the next 2 years isn't an "asset" is ludicrous to me. Because that is in fact the cost.

2) I don't think the idea of rolling out 5-6 players for 40-42 minutes is a good idea. I've mentioned earlier... play other guys on the bench,
    Last edited by pebloemer; 01-20-2022 at 12:08 AM.

I'll respond to these separately.

1) Nothing wrong with shopping an expiring deal. You just have to want to hold onto the long term deal you are acquiring. I don't like the Eric Gordon deal for the Raptors even if there are no picks attached. It kills the ability to do other things. He is a bench scorer that does little else on the basketball floor. Raptors shouldn't pay 20 million per year through to 2024 for that asset IMO. If he was a free agent and we had the cap space to make the signing, I'd think "please don't..." He has been a negative player in terms of VORP, Win shares, etc for at least 3 seasons now. He is 32. His contract pays him until 35. It would be like Dallas trading Josh Green and cap filler for Goran Dragic (as rumoured). 6 months later, Dragic can't even play in the NBA and Josh Green is hitting big shots and making a strong defensive impact for a good team. It is short sighted thinking to throw money at declining assets and at some point they become liabilities, not assets. If teams need to win NOW. Gordon makes sense as a NOW piece. We aren't aligned with that IMO. The idea that 40 million over the next 2 years isn't an "asset" is ludicrous to me. Because that is in fact the cost.

2) I don't think the idea of rolling out 5-6 players for 40-42 minutes is a good idea. I've mentioned earlier... play other guys on the bench,
    2) take it up with Nurse? He doesn’t trust them.

And thank you for acknowledging something that is so obvious and glaring lol …. Bruh cmon we broth know this team needs more pieces. We have different ideas of how and when we attain those pieces. That’s common ground enough for me.

2) take it up with Nurse? He doesn’t trust them.

And thank you for acknowledging something that is so obvious and glaring lol …. Bruh cmon we broth know this team needs more pieces. We have different ideas of how and when we attain those pieces. That’s common ground enough for me.
    I have openly criticized the teams lack the of depth. We agree on the problem, just not the proposed solution.

I have openly criticized the teams lack the of depth. We agree on the problem, just not the proposed solution.
    You’re right. But I’m all ears on possible options and solutions. For me right now the bench is really the focus. I feel our starters for better or worse are set.

You’re right. But I’m all ears on possible options and solutions. For me right now the bench is really the focus. I feel our starters for better or worse are set.
    I do think a good starting point is Nurse letting one of the current players play through the struggles a bit. Whether that is Yuta (my preference) or Svi. I feel like he needs to use what he has a bit more. Trent Jr returning would be a second solution (could be tonight). I've actually liked having Precious with the starters. Maybe bring Trent Jr off the bench.

I do think a good starting point is Nurse letting one of the current players play through the struggles a bit. Whether that is Yuta (my preference) or Svi. I feel like he needs to use what he has a bit more. Trent Jr returning would be a second solution (could be tonight). I've actually liked having Precious with the starters. Maybe bring Trent Jr off the bench.
    I agree with this. Run 4 starters and svi or yuta as the 5th option.

I don’t see what you guys see in Yuta. I’d much rather those minutes go to Banton. I don’t believe in Yuta’s potential at age 27. I feel he is what he is as a player. Not sure he’ll ever be more than an end of the bench type of player. If he even remains in the league.

Banton on the other hand is someone I feel we can invest time in. He’s young, he showed promise early on, and he fills a need. I think we can groom him to be Freddy’s back up.

The other guy id prefer to see get the mins is Champagnie. But these guys are gonna need time before they become polished and ready to contribute consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I agree with this. Run 4 starters and svi or yuta as the 5th option.
    That’s not what he said bro lol

He said he likes Precious as a starter. Wants to move GTJ to the bench. And would give some minutes to Yuta or Svi off the bench. Not run 4 starters with Yuta.

There’s a very good chance Yuta is not a Raptor next season.

That’s not what he said bro lol

He said he likes Precious as a starter. Wants to move GTJ to the bench. And would give some minutes to Yuta or Svi off the bench. Not run 4 starters with Yuta.

There’s a very good chance Yuta is not a Raptor next season.
    You are correct in what I was saying.

Yuta may not be a Raptor next year, but he plays consistent, hard defense and can hit open shots. I feel like that could benefit the group off the bench.

I like Banton as a developmental piece still. Raptors assigned him to the G-League yesterday though I believe. I'm sure he'll be back again, but he seemed to hit a wall recently. I'm not sure what is better for his development at this point - G-League or NBA. He is averaging 27.5/8/5 on 50% from the field (33% from 3) in the G-League though, so I'm thinking he should be able to crack the NBA rotation again at some point...

Flynn’s dad is at it again… Eric Flynn *****ing about his son not being in the rotation

Eric is throwing heavy accusations at Nick Nurse saying that he has mistreated Flynn. Lol siting the mavs game and claims that nurse said “ wtf is wrong with you” to Flynn, and daddy didn’t like coach talking to his son that way.

Lmao honestly this is funny to me. Talk about thin skin. This is all on fb and is being talked about right now on 590
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-21-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Wow they are absolutely scorching Flynn right now lol

They’re saying Banton out performs him in every aspect. Flynn hits less than 30% of his open shots, he doesn’t even play well in the gleague, and that he’s slow.

Basically they’re saying he sucks with out saying he sucks. I hope someone else listened to this today