Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/3/3

3/3/3

On the eve of the season just want to put on paper my 3 likes, 3 dislikes & 3 surprises of the off-season

Three moves not a fan of at all:
    1. Westbrook trade
    2. Letting Caruso walk
    3. Ellington signing

Three moves I really like:
    1. Howard/Melo/Rondo signing
    2. THT re-signing
    3. Letting DS & AD2 walk

Three surprises:
    1. Nunn availability
    2. Monk availability
    3. Bradley sudden availability
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    On the eve of the season just want to put on paper my 3 likes, 3 dislikes & 3 surprises of the off-season

1. Westbrook trade
    2. Letting Caruso walk
    3. Ellington signing

Three moves I really like:
    1. Howard/Melo/Rondo signing
    2. THT re-signing
    3. Letting DS & AD2 walk

Three surprises:
    1. Nunn availability
    2. Monk availability
    3. Bradley sudden availability
    Who would you have gone after instead of Westbrook?

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    Who would you have gone after instead of Westbrook?
    Buddy Hield, especially if reports are true that Harrell was told to opt in and he would be traded to Sacto. Harrell got bamboozled and that has bad karma all over it. Also, if not trading for Westbrook meant we would've broughten back Caruso.

Buddy Hield, especially if reports are true that Harrell was told to opt in and he would be traded to Sacto. Harrell got bamboozled and that has bad karma all over it. Also, if not trading for Westbrook meant we would've broughten back Caruso.
    They wanted to go the route of star power, time will tell if they were right or wrong...

Tex doing a Rocco impersonation. Comes in with a thread startup after extended vacation and rides into the sunset again.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Tex on all his input, except maybe Westbrook. I think it might work. Especially when AD goes down. Not jinxing. Just saying what everyone is thinking.

To be honest I have never been a fan of Westbrook

But since he is a Laker and on our team I support the team no matter who is playing

But since he is a Laker and on our team I support the team no matter who is playing
    This.

Agreed.. Hield is a more natural fit.
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

I've always been a fan of WB. I love the intensity and never back down attitude. Always enjoyed watching triple double after triple double, but on a different team though. He's the type of player you enjoy from afar, not one that you want on your team. His style of play is detrimental to any team.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Tex doing a Rocco impersonation. Comes in with a thread startup after extended vacation and rides into the sunset again.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Tex on all his input, except maybe Westbrook. I think it might work. Especially when AD goes down. Not jinxing. Just saying what everyone is thinking.
    I've said this before, once the season starts, how much a player makes goes out the window. It don't matter anymore. Put each player in a role where he can best excel and help the team the most. Bring WB off the bench and let him wreck havoc against 2nd units.

I've said this before, once the season starts, how much a player makes goes out the window. It don't matter anymore. Put each player in a role where he can best excel and help the team the most. Bring WB off the bench and let him wreck havoc against 2nd units.
    I like that idea also but putting an ex MVP still in his prime on the bench might not sit well with him. But it is a great idea. Especially if he comes out aggressive. One other thing they can do is sub out Lebron after 6 minutes and let Westy play the entire 1st quarter with AD. They did the opposite last game for some reason.

This might be Westbrook’s stats for the season..
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

Quote Originally Posted by lf85 View Post
    this might be westbrook’s stats for the season..
    lmfao!!!

1. Westbrook trade
    2. Letting Caruso walk
    3. Ellington signing
    20 games in:

1 Westbrook trade - He's had some good games but the #1 reason many here said he would be good/great for us is cause he could let LBJ load manage. Everyone can makes all the excuses they want for him but the fact is we have gone 4-7 without LBJ, and that's with AD for all them games.

To be fair though, the last 2 games (without LBJ) he seemed to push AD in the 2nd half to his potential. Will be keeping an eye out on this. Worried though that now that AD has his daddy (LBJ) back he will go back to his meh self.

2 Letting Caruso walk - He's having a down year statistically in Chicago but he does a bunch of little things that don't show in the stats. We're greatly lacking his "playing to win" attitude. IMO we only got 2 players like that right now, Melo & Rondo. Can't include LBJ cause IMO he looks bored out there sometimes.

3 Ellington signing - He's had a couple of good shooting games but that's it. Overall he has an gawd awful shooting %, an average 3 point % and has been a poor defender.

My 3 dislikes still stand

20 games in:

1 Westbrook trade - He's had some good games but the #1 reason many here said he would be good/great for us is cause he could let LBJ load manage. Everyone can makes all the excuses they want for him but the fact is we have gone 4-7 without LBJ, and that's with AD for all them games.

To be fair though, the last 2 games (without LBJ) he seemed to push AD in the 2nd half to his potential. Will be keeping an eye out on this. Worried though that now that AD has his daddy (LBJ) back he will go back to his meh self.

2 Letting Caruso walk - He's having a down year statistically in Chicago but he does a bunch of little things that don't show in the stats. We're greatly lacking his "playing to win" attitude. IMO we only got 2 players like that right now, Melo & Rondo. Can't include LBJ cause IMO he looks bored out there sometimes.

3 Ellington signing - He's had a couple of good shooting games but that's it. Overall he has an gawd awful shooting %, an average 3 point % and has been a poor defender.

My 3 dislikes still stand
    So far you have been right on

We have to hope it changes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast