Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    InterestingÖWhat specifically gave you that impression.
    Good question

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    His aggressiveness on offense off the bat. Did not really try to get others, except AD, to get them going. Specially Westbrook. I don't care. It seems he does this in the first game from the last 3 seasons. It's just an observation.
    I mean when you arenít missing, you keep shooting. We all know if Bron starts missing, he will stop shooting, but if heís hot, he will give himself the green light, like any player would or should. I just find it a little hard to believe that when your competing, in the heat of battle, winning isnít top priority. I think Bron took what the other team gave him as per usual.

They have to change how they play. Westbrook as I said canít shoot and Lebron is the best 3 point shooter in that unit. Westbrook have to play better without the ball and they may have to give him a bigger role. Even if the other guys come back the question still remains can you close games with Westbrook on the floor when he donít have the ball.

The whole reason to get a 3rd star is to be a better team when all on the floor together..

I have yet to see Lebron on a team when he is the best 3 point shooter in the starting unit. Heís going to have to do something heís never done before. If he pulls this off in this era hands down the goat.

Have also yet to see Westbrook on a team that is requiring him to spread the floor.

Its almost like the goal was to build an all-brick team.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-20-2021 at 07:45 PM.

With AD, Lebron and Jordon out there at the same time, there is no room for Westbrook to drive to the paint. He can't shoot from the outside, so basically he is no threat to the other teams. When you have both Rondo and Westbrook in at the same time, its like having to left hands and no feet. The other team just need to defend whoever is trying to drive. I still think that the Lakers just needed 2-3 very good 3 point shooters to keep the keep the opponents from packing the paint instead of Westbrook. Its going to be a lot of pain in the coming weeks.

I don't mind the AB starting until Ariza comes back. Then he should start in my opinion. Rondo can be a spot up shooter at this point in his career. He is a decent 3 point shooter now. The coach was just experimenting some lineups. Would have I done that, probably not but we are pretty thin at the guard with 22 guards out on injury. It's tough to incorporate a high usage player. It will take some time. They will figure it out. Lebron just needs to take a bit of a back seat to Westy so Westy can get started. Yesterday he did not take a back seat which is fine but it really hindered Westy and he pretty much was a non factor.
    That is the problem with this coach he is always experimenting. thought that is what preseason games was for and what kind of practice did they do to get Injured before the season started?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    With AD, Lebron and Jordon out there at the same time, there is no room for Westbrook to drive to the paint. He can't shoot from the outside, so basically he is no threat to the other teams. When you have both Rondo and Westbrook in at the same time, its like having to left hands and no feet. The other team just need to defend whoever is trying to drive. I still think that the Lakers just needed 2-3 very good 3 point shooters to keep the keep the opponents from packing the paint instead of Westbrook. Its going to be a lot of pain in the coming weeks.
    Yep.. The roster construction of this team is just ****ing stupid.. Rob is awful at putting a team together. If this team is going to be successful AD is going to have to play the 5 and Westbrook is going to have to play more with the second unit.
    Marc Gasolís #1 fanÖ

I still see this team gelling 2-3 months into the season. These things take time

I mean when you arenít missing, you keep shooting. We all know if Bron starts missing, he will stop shooting, but if heís hot, he will give himself the green light, like any player would or should. I just find it a little hard to believe that when your competing, in the heat of battle, winning isnít top priority. I think Bron took what the other team gave him as per usual.
    Youíre an optimist and thatís what I like about you. I just observe people for a living. Itís not that important. Moving on to the next game. If he comes out deferring next game and gets Westie going, then he is playing more team ball. Kobe did stuff like this all the time. Like when he was playing at MSG. Always went out and tried to score more.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    That is the problem with this coach he is always experimenting. thought that is what preseason games was for and what kind of practice did they do to get Injured before the season started?
    Most of the team is new and that will take some time.

I still see this team gelling 2-3 months into the season. These things take time
    The are not rookies. Vets have to adapt to each other faster. Problem now is the injured players and our stubborn coach.
    Soon to be seen together!

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Yep.. The roster construction of this team is just ****ing stupid.. Rob is awful at putting a team together. If this team is going to be successful AD is going to have to play the 5 and Westbrook is going to have to play more with the second unit.
    Lol when did you like any roster construction? You didn't even like our 2020 championship roster.

What matters is the results, we win it all or we don't.

Youíre an optimist and thatís what I like about you. I just observe people for a living. Itís not that important. Moving on to the next game. If he comes out deferring next game and gets Westie going, then he is playing more team ball. Kobe did stuff like this all the time. Like when he was playing at MSG. Always went out and tried to score more.
    How many shoots does westbrook have to make not take so that it suggested that Lebron is playing team ball? You do realize Lebron only had 5 assist and was looking like curry out there shooting 11 times from 3. Lebron was the only player in the starting unit that displayed any capability of hitting a 3 point shot. Per Frank the team will lean on Lebron Davis until new comers get up to speed. A better question to ask is if the coach leaning on players he is more familiar with since it have not came together smooth. I think by constructing an all brick team its well documented they will face some hurdles.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-21-2021 at 06:03 AM.

Buddy Hield and Bringing back Drummond would have have been more natural fit but you have to admit The potential that Westbrook brings was hard to turn down. The key is getting guys that can shoot on the floor with them. That is why i was surprised it the addition of DJ and not a big that can shoot.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-21-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I have yet to see Lebron on a team when he is the best 3 point shooter in the starting unit. Heís going to have to do something heís never done before. If he pulls this off in this era hands down the goat.

Have also yet to see Westbrook on a team that is requiring him to spread the floor.

Its almost like the goal was to build an all-brick team.
    First 2 years with Miami he was neck and neck with Chalmers in 3pt%..

I'm just trying to think what Russ can do that Wade and Kyrie couldn't lol.

First 6-7 min of the game if they need to start Russ, they should do AD at the 5 then keep Russ with the bench unit and a center the rest of the game.

Thomas Bryant had a career year with Russ and Aquaman looked border line allstar with Russ.

Russ needs his Gronk down low and his snipers outside which we have options for him.

Coaches will figure this out I think

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast