Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 379
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Actually I'm surprised with the not so much overeactions here, I thought the forum would've exploded already.

    We showed flashes of really good bball tonight but then got cocky or overconfident by getting away from what got us double digits leads, lesson should be learned by friday.
    Dont think your giving GSW credit. Lakers are now 0-7. They had moments just did not put enough points on the board. FT and bench points stood out. As figured Lebron is the best 3point shooter in the starting unit. They have lots of things to figure out. They can mask it by getting Melo and Westbrook more of a run vs leaning heavy on Davis and Lebron. The unit that will close games is the biggest issue IMO.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-20-2021 at 07:12 AM.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,283
    FTs 9-19 leaving 10 on the floor

    Fell asleep early so thanks for all the posts for me to read this morning

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,145
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    FTs 9-19 leaving 10 on the floor

    Fell asleep early so thanks for all the posts for me to read this morning
    LOL i fell asleep to but watched the rerun later on.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Ehh, I'm in no way worried about Westbrook. He's a great athlete and can likely learn to play off the ball when LBJ or AD have the ball. They can also have Westbrook in there a decent amount of time with the second unit. LBJ is a great facilitator and he knows how to get guys involved. Westbrook just wasn't very aggressive out there tonight and it impacted his game
    He’s great when he’s dominating the ball. He’s not going to do that here..
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

  5. #275
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    He’s great when he’s dominating the ball. He’s not going to do that here..
    He definitely needs to make adjustments with this lineup

    Curious to see how it's working after 20 games or so

    We'll see

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,763
    Lakers lose last night to the Warriors but at the same time nonetheless it was a good game but at the same time there were stretches where the basketball simply was not falling for y'all. Yeah LeBron did bring y'all back but the Warriors simply were just the better team last night.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    999
    So we trading Russ for Simmons or Kyrie yet?

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,145
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    He’s great when he’s dominating the ball. He’s not going to do that here..
    this is most of the concern.. teams are leaving him open and he have to take and make that shot. The pressure is on him.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-20-2021 at 09:40 AM.

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,145
    Wow another shocker. Lakers got beat in the paint by the smaller GSW.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Lakers lose last night to the Warriors but at the same time nonetheless it was a good game but at the same time there were stretches where the basketball simply was not falling for y'all. Yeah LeBron did bring y'all back but the Warriors simply were just the better team last night.
    Gsw still not at full strength. Curry had a bad night some credit to Baze there. Not to mention klay is still in street clothes. I think lakers will figure some things out and play much better. The closer games got me a little worried. Lebron just cannot be your best shooter.

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    14,118
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    It’s going to take time to build chemistry. We returned only 3 guys from last years team. I am concerned about Westbrook. I just don’t see how he’s going to fit in unless Lebron were to get hurt.
    The ball just needs to be in Westbrook’s hands more. Lebron needs to sit out after 6 minutes in the first and then Westy can take over but for some reason Vogs did the opposite. By just doing that Westy then just became a spectator.

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    The ball just needs to be in Westbrook’s hands more. Lebron needs to sit out after 6 minutes in the first and then Westy can take over but for some reason Vogs did the opposite. By just doing that Westy then just became a spectator.
    Russ needs to spend as much time with the second unit as possible. Dont forget russ and beal figured it out in the second half of season and made playoffs when they only had a 6% chance of doing so after allstar break...

    Second unit of
    Howard, Monk, Melo, Elington, and Russ.. Dwight and Russ would never get doubled and dominate the paint.. Lets get our shooters healthy and see what happens

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17,968
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    The ball just needs to be in Westbrook’s hands more. Lebron needs to sit out after 6 minutes in the first and then Westy can take over but for some reason Vogs did the opposite. By just doing that Westy then just became a spectator.
    Yes this is true but how is that going to work with us having Rondo? We can’t have both of them on the court at the same time. What do we do with Nunn when he gets back?
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    14,118
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    FTs 9-19 leaving 10 on the floor

    Fell asleep early so thanks for all the posts for me to read this morning


    Freethrows are a concentration thing. Lebron was hurrying them as if he was bored to be on the free throw line. You can tell he was playing for a show vs winning the game. Wanting to show the world that he still has it. Hope we play better team offense the next game. Westbrook also turned down wide open shots. He can't hesitate or else defenses will continue to sag off of him.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    41,687
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Dont think your giving GSW credit. Lakers are now 0-7. They had moments just did not put enough points on the board. FT and bench points stood out. As figured Lebron is the best 3point shooter in the starting unit. They have lots of things to figure out. They can mask it by getting Melo and Westbrook more of a run vs leaning heavy on Davis and Lebron. The unit that will close games is the biggest issue IMO.
    You have to credit Frank and the zebras too. Yes at the end our team felt apart, because Frank insisted on his pattern of lube up and reacted late. We also missing 5 players for awhile. Our record in opening nights since Lebron came is zero Ws if not mistaken. This team is going to be ready, but Frank might not be there. I hope!
    Soon to be seen together!

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •