Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2021 Regular Season Gamethread: OCTOBER

Game 1: Weds Oct 20

No comments, really?

It was a good win. I expect Utah to be a tougher game but winning on the road against Portland and we went 0-3 last year against them is a good sign.

My takeaways: Defense looked really good to start the game. Definitely didnít look good in the second half. Barnes was on fire last night. He was the reason we won. Fox looked good, but shot too many 3s for my taste. Mitchell looked good on defense, but a little shy on offense. Walton is definitely trying to put an emphasis on defense. He had Mitchell close the game and played Thompson big minutes, while Bags couldnít crack the rotation. I also really liked how Buddy played. I know he doesnít like coming off the bench, but heís really good in that role. Hali didnít have his best game, but not worried about it. Davis is a gunner, hopefully heís on more nights than not.

Also, Iím very very happy Foxís shoe play or Haliís late turnover didnít cost us the game. Would have been a crappy way to start the season.

One more thought: RoCo should be our big target in free agency next summer.

I am fairly excited the way the Kings played.

You can tell Fox, Barnes, and Holmes were the studs for the Kings.

Terrance Davis has games that will absolutely win games for us. He however is not consistent.

I wasn't excited about the way Thompson played but I am betting behind closed doors he is really helping the younger players.

Marvin Bagley in my opinion needs to just wait his time and not make waves. As time goes on people will get injured and/or need days off and he will get his chance.

Davion Mitchell played like a rookie on offense, but what he did do and in my opinion was huge in helping us win was he made Lillard and Mccollum work hard for their shots. He made sure they not only worked hard but he minimized the quality shots these guys got.

I am hoping the Kings give this group a chance of say 10 games before making any major moves. I almost feel the Kings might be better off with Hield than Simmons. I am just not sold on Simmons and I think Hields ability to shoot outside will be sorely missed on this kings team if they made that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    One more thought: RoCo should be our big target in free agency next summer.
    Absolutely not. He looked washed up last night.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Absolutely not. He looked washed up last night.
    It was just one game and I donít think he looked that bad. Definitely better than any forward we have other than Barnes (although thatís not saying much).

Quick thoughts on game 2: Way too many careless turnovers. Most of our turnovers werenít caused by good defense by the Jazz, just bad decisions. Our offense looked out of sorts, especially in the fourth.

I like Buddy off the bench. Depending on our record, he could find himself being mentioned for sixth man of the year. Two games into his career, I feel good about saying that Mitchell is the best defender weíve had since Artest. His offense still needs to come around, but itís legitimately exciting to watch him play on ball defense. Fox had a rough game, but Iím sure heíll bounce back. Iím happy Bags got some minutes and that the fans gave him some love. Small sample size, but he looked better on D.

1-1 through 2 games. The Kings couldn't complete a simple pass tonight.

Offense still looks out of sorts. Mitchell had a monster first half. Harrison Barnes played well offensively. Other than that, nobody really stood out. We need Hali and Fox to step up if we want to win games. For the most part, I think the other guys are doing their jobs. Weíll be better once the backcourt rounds into shape.

I thought we competed hard on the defensive end. I wish we got to see more Steph vs Off Night. GS runs so many screens for Steph, that we didnít really get to see that match-up.

Iím also interested in our front court rotation. Is it based on match up or is Luke still trying to figure it out in the early season.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Offense still looks out of sorts. Mitchell had a monster first half. Harrison Barnes played well offensively. Other than that, nobody really stood out. We need Hali and Fox to step up if we want to win games. For the most part, I think the other guys are doing their jobs. Weíll be better once the backcourt rounds into shape.

I thought we competed hard on the defensive end. I wish we got to see more Steph vs Off Night. GS runs so many screens for Steph, that we didnít really get to see that match-up.

Iím also interested in our front court rotation. Is it based on match up or is Luke still trying to figure it out in the early season.
    The offense is offensive. I'm not sure what they're actually running. It seems like they pass the ball without actually gaining anything. Just passing to pass? Then they're stuck in an iso situation with 5 seconds left? all their good offense is based on transition rather than half court sets imo.

Barnes!!!!

HB is going to be very attractive for every contending team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast