Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

10/20 Game 1 Boston Celtics @ New York Knicks: Home Opener at the Mecca

The New York Knicks are coming off their first above .500 season in 8 years and their first post season appearance since 2012-13 season. That was yesterday. Team President Leon Rose and GM Scott Perry upgraded the point guard position, bringing in Kemba Walker and SG/SF Evan Fournier. With the continued growth of RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, Immanuel Quickley, and Obi Toppin this Knicks team is looking to win close to 50 games.

Random Thoughts:

1. Injury report (source ESPN): Knicks will be without N. Noel. Celtics will be without Jaylen Brown. Al Horford and Payton Pritchard is day to day.

2. Showtime: The garden will be showcasing two of the premier forwards in Jayson Tatum and Julius Randle.

3. Progress: Mitchell Robinson is sure to play but his minutes might be limited.

4. Another step forward: RJ Barrett quietly growing, will he flash some defense?

5. Deep Bench: Knicks' 2nd unit should show some real killer instinct.

New Season. New Hope. Let's Go Knicks!

Noel is listed as day to day on the Knicks espn home page. He was questionable until game day Friday. I donít think he is out yet. Does anyone have a link to something different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

ESPN will update their injury report accordingly. There are many times where I do the game thread around 5am and the injury report later says something contrary or doesn't even line up as accurate. Mostly because teams are not always transparent.

Honestly I can't see Thibs throwing Noel out there even if he's "day to day" because he missed all of preseason.

Even someone like Mitchell Robinson is more likely to come off the bench than start despite his name not even appearing as "day to day" because the Knicks are taking small steps.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 10-17-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    ESPN will update their injury report accordingly. There are many times where I do the game thread around 5am and the injury report later says something contrary or doesn't even line up as accurate. Mostly because teams are not always transparent.

Honestly I can't see Thibs throwing Noel out there even if he's "day to day" because he missed all of preseason.

Even someone like Mitchell Robinson is more likely to come off the bench than start despite his name not even appearing as "day to day" because the Knicks are taking small steps.
    Does that mean heís not out you just think he will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

I agree with the Doctor. Taj probably starts. Mitch off the bench for now. Noel will play spot minutes when there is foul trouble, injury, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Does that mean heís not out you just think he will be?

Steve Popper
    @StevePopper

3m
    Nerlens Noel didnít practice. Thibs said doubtful for opener.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Steve Popper
    @StevePopper

3m
    Nerlens Noel didnít practice. Thibs said doubtful for opener.
    Thanks Stilla

The Celtics have a good feel for Kemba Walker's abilities at this stage of his career. Marcus Smart vs. Kemba Walker should be entertaining and interesting.

If Jaylen Brown isn't ready to go then Josh Richardson will be inserted in the starting line up. Richardson was an awful replacement for Curry on the Mavs. We'll see if he's more consistent.

The Robin Williams III, Al Horford, and Jayson Tatum will be interesting playing opposite of Mitch, Julius Randle, and Evan Fournier.

I think Mitch is gonna start. Thibs played dude 30 mins his first game back like a psycho. I think Thibs really likes Mitch, probably more than the FO, and I think he tested him because he wants him ready to go. I think he starts and probably pushes 30 mins again.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think Mitch is gonna start. Thibs played dude 30 mins his first game back like a psycho. I think Thibs really likes Mitch, probably more than the FO, and I think he tested him because he wants him ready to go. I think he starts and probably pushes 30 mins again.
    Interesting. He may have also wanted to see just how much gas he has in case Noel was out. I think if we are lucky those "extra mins" will go to Toppin.

Ian Begley
    @IanBegley

19m
    Tom Thibodeau said Nerlens Noel didnít practice today. He continues to have knee soreness. Heís been listed as doubtful for the Boston game on Wednesday.

I'd honestly rather see Taj as the starting C this game. Not only does he bring an element of offense to the position, but his IQ helps the team function as a whole.

I didn't love what I saw from Mitch in his first game back, and it goes beyond his conditioning. His insistence on chasing blocks routinely results in him leaving his man open for those oops. We saw it several time vs. Washington ó in one sequence it happened in two consecutive trips down the floor. Also, he really needs to stop falling down on the floor every play. It leaves our defense playing 4v5 until he hobbles back to join the team.

I can definitely see Kemba out there getting his revenge game tonight, especially after recent reports of him not knowing about the trade to OKC. It would be great if Kemba could get us off to a good start especially considering he may not be in the game late.

I think our bench is going to eat well tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I can definitely see Kemba out there getting his revenge game tonight, especially after recent reports of him not knowing about the trade to OKC. It would be great if Kemba could get us off to a good start especially considering he may not be in the game late.

I think our bench is going to eat well tonight.
    i hope so and healthy we have a game in two nights lol

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i hope so and healthy we have a game in two nights lol
    I've always been ahead of my time. LMAO... total gaffe

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast