Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dylan Larkin Suspended 1 Game

Dylan Larkin has been suspended for one game for roughing Tampa Bay's Mathieu Joseph.
    Larkin was given a match penalty on the play on Thursday night at the 11:40 mark of the second period. He gave Joseph a retaliatory punch to the face with his glove on after he was hit from behind. Larkin will be eligible to return on Tuesday, Oct. 19 against Columbus if he is healthy. He was not able to practice on Friday because of the hit he took from Joseph and he was going to be evaluated further.
    rotoworld

Meanwhile the Neanderthals running the NHL player safety department saw it fit that Mathieu Joseph deserved nothing for his hit on Larkin into the boards, which preceded Larkin taking a shot on Joseph. I have no issue with Larkin getting the game suspension given the whole adage of "second guy gets caught" but to say there is nothing wrong with Joseph's hit is terrible. You want to protect against concussion and neck issues? Start penalizing and suspending these jackasses that check people neck first into the boards, accident or otherwise (if you believe Joseph that it was an accident despite his history of dirty hits). Keep in mind context that the same neck injury happened a year ago when Jamie Benn cross checked Larkin off the face off. I don't remember if Benn was suspended or not but I don't have faith that NHL actually cares for player safety.

3 ****ing game, 3 ****ing times we've had a guy boarded. **** the NHL and their safety ********.

No, I'm not happy lol.