Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cam Newton, a QB

It appears that Newton is now vaccinated.

That will no longer be an impediment to his employment.

Will he be signed? Will there be more excuses for why he isnt?

Oh he waited to long to get vaccinated will now be the excuse.

Isn’t there a cam thread already enough with this loser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Isn’t there a cam thread already enough with this loser

I don't think so. The discussion normally happens in the Wentz thread. I figured Cam deserves his own.

Its a shame how the bastards out of carolina ruined his career. They gave him the shelf life of a RB instead of allowing him to grow and learn the position and play into his late 30s as a real QB.

Cam Newton should replace Big Ben in Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Cam Newton should replace Big Ben in Pittsburgh
    Well said. It’s something I’ve been banging the drum for awhile now. Perfect fit.

ITT: "huhuhu nobody is signing him mid season? He's busted!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    wait.... he signed?

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    You said somebody would sign him. That they haven't doesn't concern you as a Cam fan?

Pittsburgh won’t sign Cam. Ben won’t be benched no matter how bad he gets, and if he does they’ll play either Dobbs or Rudolph. They are basically trying to “redshirt” Haskins for the year.

And rumor has it they won’t go after a rookie for next year but rather a vet like ARod, Garrapolo, or someone else who may unexpectedly come available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    You said somebody would sign him. That they haven't doesn't concern you as a Cam fan?
    I'm concerned that the back end of Cam's athletic prime is being spent rotting in FA and even if he signs he'll be thrown into a new team, new system, and be expected to produce with zero team chemistry. That's assuming he's not being more selective with teams (which his dad suggested him to do).

I'm not concerned that teams haven't signed him. I've listed the reasons a thousand times why teams will avoid him and it has little to do with his current ability:

1.) Hes 32 so teams aren't going to view him as more than a stop gap.
    2.) Hes a strong leader so teams aren't going to want him backing up a starter that they're tied to (i.e. aging franchise QB, young/rookie QB, or guys teams are trying to evaluate before making long term commitments)
    3.) Teams with short term injuries at QB aren't going to want him to come in and potentially get rolling then have to make the tough decision of benching the hot hand or pissing off your starter.
    4.) People can say what they want, but Cam's vaccination status clearly mattered, otherwise he wouldn't be vaccinated. It takes approximately 4-5 weeks to be fully vaccinated with mRNA vaccines, so my guess is someone at some point around week 1 or 2 made it known teams aren't signing a COVID risk as a backup. Week 1-2 would've been when WFT lost Fitz and would've been a theoretical landing spot so I wouldn't be surprised if Rivera didn't off the record tell him he wasn't signing someone who isn't vaccinated.

The NFL has so many nuances that we'll never know what's truly going on. In a world where you only care about ability and not the drama that surrounds the position, there's a half dozen teams who should've signed him already and another dozen who should've entertained him as a backup. Unfortunately players aren't just robots or Madden players where you can just mash together the best team; I can have Tom Brady backing up Patrick Mahomes while throwing to 5 of the best WRs in the league in Madden, but in real life Mahomes wouldn't want Brady breathing down his neck, Brady wouldn't want to be behind anyone, and the 5 WRs are going to be crying about not getting 10 targets per game.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef;34125351[B
    ]I'm concerned that the back end of Cam's athletic prime is being spent rotting in FA and even if he signs he'll be thrown into a new team, new system, and be expected to produce with zero team chemistry. That's assuming he's not being more selective with teams (which his dad suggested him to do). [/B]

I'm not concerned that teams haven't signed him. I've listed the reasons a thousand times why teams will avoid him and it has little to do with his current ability:

1.) Hes 32 so teams aren't going to view him as more than a stop gap.
    2.) Hes a strong leader so teams aren't going to want him backing up a starter that they're tied to (i.e. aging franchise QB, young/rookie QB, or guys teams are trying to evaluate before making long term commitments)
    3.) Teams with short term injuries at QB aren't going to want him to come in and potentially get rolling then have to make the tough decision of benching the hot hand or pissing off your starter.
    4.) People can say what they want, but Cam's vaccination status clearly mattered, otherwise he wouldn't be vaccinated. It takes approximately 4-5 weeks to be fully vaccinated with mRNA vaccines, so my guess is someone at some point around week 1 or 2 made it known teams aren't signing a COVID risk as a backup. Week 1-2 would've been when WFT lost Fitz and would've been a theoretical landing spot so I wouldn't be surprised if Rivera didn't off the record tell him he wasn't signing someone who isn't vaccinated.

The NFL has so many nuances that we'll never know what's truly going on. In a world where you only care about ability and not the drama that surrounds the position, there's a half dozen teams who should've signed him already and another dozen who should've entertained him as a backup. Unfortunately players aren't just robots or Madden players where you can just mash together the best team; I can have Tom Brady backing up Patrick Mahomes while throwing to 5 of the best WRs in the league in Madden, but in real life Mahomes wouldn't want Brady breathing down his neck, Brady wouldn't want to be behind anyone, and the 5 WRs are going to be crying about not getting 10 targets per game.
    that is an insane amount of excuses to start off a long post

you never cease to amaze good **** brother

Looks like we don't need to speculate any further. Cam said he's had offers, wants to still play, but he's wanting the right fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast