Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    The front office tried to break the bank trying to sign Harper not long ago, so hopefully they don't try that again.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

A player like Harper at the age he was at would very possibly be worth it.

Is there anyone like that now ? We did fine without him, and I'm sure we can next season. With that money we can get a few good players, but I don't see us spending that kind of money to fill our holes.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    Is there anyone like that now ?
    Nope. I was simply saying that Harper's contract ain't looking too bad as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    Is there anyone like that now ? We did fine without him, and I'm sure we can next season. With that money we can get a few good players, but I don't see us spending that kind of money to fill our holes.
    Correa.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...13633923289093

Damn. Would've liked the Giants to get him at that contract.

Def pretty reasonable sounding. Might not be all that tough to find similar production for much cheaper though.

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/sta...10865533997062

Had nice numbers his first two pro seasons, but has only pitched 5.2 innings since 2019.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/play...anner-andrews/

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...13633923289093

Damn. Would've liked the Giants to get him at that contract.
    Was hoping the same thing? Still Having trouble attracting people we want or need?

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Still Having trouble attracting people we want or need?
    Stroman would have signed with the Giants if they were interested in him enough to offer a 3/$71MM contract. Not every free agent that signs elsewhere is a sign that the Giants are having trouble attracting the players they want and/or need.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Stroman would have signed with the Giants if they were interested in him enough to offer a 3/$71MM contract. Not every free agent that signs elsewhere is a sign that the Giants are having trouble attracting the players they want and/or need.
    Come on. SF is a dump now. Gotta throw in the kitchen sink to get a big name to pay these taxes, wade through the fecal matter streets on the way to the ball park.

12. 12-28-2021, 11:58 AM
    Reason
    Stop being a bigot - Rush

Weil, I donít know about the street scene or wearing flags but I will say this. Considering the fact we lost Gausman, Posey and probably Bryant, paying Stroman would not have been the worst thing in the world and really, we should have brought back Gausman. Itís hard making a living doing headers off the edge of dumpsters every year. Everything is a crap shoot but sometimes you have to pay the money to get a good player, you do it and take your chances. Everyone does it at one time or another. Lastly, I was honestly hoping that the season we put up last year would in itself be a good selling point but I guess not. I donít know who the club talked to in a serious fashion about bring them here but what ever the reason, once again, they arenít coming.

I'm actually ok with not giving Gausman that contract.

Gotta remember there's still a lot of offseason left. We were only one month into it before the lockout.

Gotta remember there's still a lot of offseason left. We were only one month into it before the lockout.
    Hey. I sent you a private message. Have a follow up question when you get a chance. Thanks.

Your right about some off season left but I wonder whatís out there that can help. We lost a great deal from last year but bringing Gausman would have helped. At this point I donít know what to think about Cobb to be honest. But thereís no way around it, to get good players your going to have to spend. Letís get out of the bargin basement.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast