Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

2021 Offseason News

As it is now the offseason, post any news, discussion, thoughts, ideas for what you'd like the Giants to do. Any big news regarding trades, signings, legit rumors, please start its own thread with a source.

I'll bite.

What do y'all think about re-signing Bryant? Good player, tailed off a bit after we first got him. Versatile and can play lots of positions, which FZ loves. I don't suppose he'll come cheap as a Borass client, and lots of teams will be bidding for his services I'm sure.

Is he worth opening the vaults for? He seemed to fit in well with the team and liked it, but then they all say that until bigger money gets thrown their way. Do you sign him at all costs or let him walk if he wants stupid Borass money?
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

I want him back. His September wasn't what we all hoped, but I'll let his track record speak for itself. However, if he wants that Boras stupid money, then I'll let him walk. There's a lot of nice players out there this offseason and we have too many hole to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I'll bite.

What do y'all think about re-signing Bryant? Good player, tailed off a bit after we first got him. Versatile and can play lots of positions, which FZ loves. I don't suppose he'll come cheap as a Borass client, and lots of teams will be bidding for his services I'm sure.

Is he worth opening the vaults for? He seemed to fit in well with the team and liked it, but then they all say that until bigger money gets thrown their way. Do you sign him at all costs or let him walk if he wants stupid Borass money?
    In the middle. I want him (especially since playoff numbers were pretty good), but not ďat all costsĒ.

Keep Bryant, weíll need him or someone like him. Offense has to be better as we left a lot of runners on base, an rbi bat or two. Even in the SD series, the offense was flat and it went into the Dodger series. In game 5 the chances were there but again some of our guys were just in kind of a slump. Do we want to try and upgrade Longoria, Solano, Flores, Dickerson and Tony? Would love a good pitcher. Keep Belt and Posey is a no brainer. How much is the FO willing to spend? Some have said we would fall back to third but Iím not so sure of this but the club has to make an effort. Again, for me, things ended because the offense seemed to lose some life at the end, no one really stepped up and took over for us.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I'll bite.

Absolutely zero interest if it costs anywhere near the $200MM sum many people have projected. Good player but his superstar days are in the rear view mirror at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I want him back. His September wasn't what we all hoped, but I'll let his track record speak for itself. However, if he wants that Boras stupid money, then I'll let him walk. There's a lot of nice players out there this offseason and we have too many hole to fill.
    If it is 200mil it would be hard to say yes but again, we would need to replace him. Multiple upgrades in other areas might do the trick, being creative. Everything depends on how much they will want to spend. Keeping us where we are and take our chances or do they try to improve things. Could take a couple of years to get better though.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Absolutely zero interest if it costs anywhere near the $200MM sum many people have projected. Good player but his superstar days are in the rear view mirror at this point.
    Agreed. Ben Kaspick, the dude who runs the Locked on Giants podcast, believes the George Springer contract is a good comp ($150M/six years, $25M AAV). I wouldn't go near anything around $30M AAV.

I don't think I'd be interested even at that price.

What everyone has said on the Bryant issue and the like is hard to argue with. But we have to remember how hard itís been to get name brand players to come to SF. Why this is, I donít know. Itís a great place to play and live. In Bryantís case, heís been here and seems to like it. It may be easier to bring him back than pick up someone else. So, I want to keep moving forward and improve the club. Yes, we may have to spend a little more to keep him and spend some more to upgrade the team. No, letís not be foolish to the point where anything is alright but at the same time letís not waste this year by standing still. I say this is still a playoff club, letís add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    What everyone has said on the Bryant issue and the like is hard to argue with. But we have to remember how hard itís been to get name brand players to come to SF. Why this is, I donít know. Itís a great place to play and live. In Bryantís case, heís been here and seems to like it. It may be easier to bring him back than pick up someone else. So, I want to keep moving forward and improve the club. Yes, we may have to spend a little more to keep him and spend some more to upgrade the team. No, letís not be foolish to the point where anything is alright but at the same time letís not waste this year by standing still. I say this is still a playoff club, letís add to it.
    We can add to this team without blowing our wad on a soon to be 30 year old with an .845 OPS over the last three seasons. I don't imagine Bryant being anywhere near easy to sign and I don't see him giving the Giants any sort of significant discount.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    We can add to this team without blowing our wad on a soon to be 30 year old with an .845 OPS over the last three seasons. I don't imagine Bryant being anywhere near easy to sign and I don't see him giving the Giants any sort of significant discount.
    True which is why I suggested up thread that multiple upgrades could solve the problem. A lot of changes could hurt the continuity weíve built though. The chess match is on.

Yeah, as much as I'd like to see KB stay, I wouldn't break the bank for him. I don't see this new regime handing out any dumb or sentimental type contracts. Pitching is apparently a priority as it should be, and I have faith that FZ & Co. will get things done efficiently.

I do expect Posey to return if he doesn't hang 'em up, and I expect Belt to return as well. I keep reading about Bart being a trade possibility. He's at the point where he's either gonna be a (future) factor or not. May be a good return on him to the right team. Should be an interesting offseason.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/s...98067533672449

The last first round pick from the Orioles worked out pretty well.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast