Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who moves onto the World Series?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

3 37.50%
  • Atlanta Braves

5 62.50%
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    That's a bummer. You never want to see a guy's posteason end like that.

The braves are up 3-1 in this series and they deserve to be, have they gotten some good luck vs the dodgers bad luck, sure a little, everyone does over the course of a series.
    But they've executed while the dodgers haven't. Full credit to them. The dodgers are the worst managed team in baseball that's been obvious for years. They won't get rid of Roberts though, since a good yes man is always valuable to a control freak like Friedman.
    Tomorrow is the first time I would say the braves are for sure favored to win the game this series, with Max Fried going.

Braves lost a 3-1 last year so I still got Dodgers as live dogs. Their offense last year disappeared in games 5-7 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Braves lost a 3-1 last year so I still got Dodgers as live dogs. Their offense last year disappeared in games 5-7 last year.
    Dodgers can still pull it off, but this time around thereís no Kershaw, Muncy, and now Turner. Scherzer likely not available until Game 6 if there is one. Thatíll be hard to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Do people really think Lux should have made that play? I think he made the right move by pulling up. Saved a run by doing that.
    Urias obv thought so. I thought it was a terrible look to show up Lux. But, he was prob just frustrated in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Dodgers can still pull it off, but this time around thereís no Kershaw, Muncy, and now Turner. Scherzer likely not available until Game 6 if there is one. Thatíll be hard to overcome.
    The Dodgers still have enough talent to win some ballgames despite all the injuries. It's just that a number of key players haven't been executing lately.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The braves are up 3-1 in this series and they deserve to be, have they gotten some good luck vs the dodgers bad luck, sure a little, everyone does over the course of a series.
    But they've executed while the dodgers haven't. Full credit to them. The dodgers are the worst managed team in baseball that's been obvious for years. They won't get rid of Roberts though, since a good yes man is always valuable to a control freak like Friedman.
    Tomorrow is the first time I would say the braves are for sure favored to win the game this series, with Max Fried going.
    That seems a bit extreme.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemicĒ" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    That seems a bit extreme.
    Roberts managing and decision-making is responsible for losses in 2017, 2018, 2019 nearly 2020, and now 2021.

The front office is the absolute best at acquiring and developing talent, they are significantly more talented than everyone else, even with the injuries.

Roberts is terrible.

The Dodgers won the world series last year, and we beat the giants in the playoffs this, I'll be disappointed if we lose to the Braves (though that's way better than them losing to the Astros!) I can deal with this the only way I'll be angry is if they extend Roberts. He's only under contract for one more year, were almost done with this tool.

What does it matter if they fire the manager if the front office and the analytics staff are the ones making the calls?

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    What does it matter if they fire the manager if the front office and the analytics staff are the ones making the calls?
    If they get a manager with just slightly more backbone, who's willing to push back even 10% of the time, they wouldn't find themselves in these situations.

Not a very convincing attempt at playing the neutral observer. When in doubt, blame luck and the manager I guess.

The Dodgers won the world series last year, and we beat the giants in the playoffs this, I'll be disappointed if we lose to the Braves (though that's way better than them losing to the Astros!) I can deal with this the only way I'll be angry is if they extend Roberts. He's only under contract for one more year, were almost done with this tool.
    a) I doubt Roberts goes anywhere

b) if he does, you'll simply blame whichever manager replaces him for any Dodger shortcomings

Anyways: **** YEAH, BRAVES! I thought they were done for after blowing game 3.

Wasnít Mattingly an issue too?

Dodgers may be good at grooming and paying talent but must suck at leadership acquisitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast