Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    I've been coming around on the idea of hitting WR hard in the upcoming draft, even over grabbing what is likely to be the best Center available with our 1st pick (2nd rounder) but there's a ton of things to consider:

For starters? Who's the coach and what's the scheme? And then there's line implications

One could easily argue our WR are already better than what they've shown on the field because of this busted scheme. Byrd wasn't trash in NE last year, Robinson hasn't been trash historically, but both look godawful this season.

Part of that is Nagy/his scheme frankly sucking. Part of that is our OL being a bottom feeding group for the NFL at large. Mustipher would be a low quality backup at Center at best, for example. You've seen indications that Fields isn't being given time for the downfield plays to develop (and you've also seen plenty of times where he either doesn't trust what he's seeing or holds the ball too long as well, but that's a bit expected for a rookie)

The flipside with deciding on a new direction is if we change coaches/schemes, it might force even larger changes on the OL/RB room.... People bring up Roman a lot as a potential HC candidate.... and while I haven't paid attention to the Ravens under Jackson, when he was in SF, he was running a gap/power blocking scheme, not a zone scheme.... Our entire current OL and all of our 4 running backs are ZONE runners. Things like that matter a ton for expectations if we brought him in to revamp our offense.

Building around Fields specifically, I want deep ball, downfield guys to take advantage of what Fields does well, and frankly what he was already used to doing at Ohio State. We sadly won't be in draft range for either of Ohio State's top 2 guys..... but a guy who I recently discovered, and would be interested in following more is Zay Flowers - Boston College........ Electric, shifty, and speedy..... also could potentially be there in the 2nd (or even better 3rd, so we can get a non failure Center in the 2nd) range.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    I've been coming around on the idea of hitting WR hard in the upcoming draft, even over grabbing what is likely to be the best Center available with our 1st pick (2nd rounder) but there's a ton of things to consider:

For starters? Who's the coach and what's the scheme? And then there's line implications

One could easily argue our WR are already better than what they've shown on the field because of this busted scheme. Byrd wasn't trash in NE last year, Robinson hasn't been trash historically, but both look godawful this season.

Part of that is Nagy/his scheme frankly sucking. Part of that is our OL being a bottom feeding group for the NFL at large. Mustipher would be a low quality backup at Center at best, for example. You've seen indications that Fields isn't being given time for the downfield plays to develop (and you've also seen plenty of times where he either doesn't trust what he's seeing or holds the ball too long as well, but that's a bit expected for a rookie)

The flipside with deciding on a new direction is if we change coaches/schemes, it might force even larger changes on the OL/RB room.... People bring up Roman a lot as a potential HC candidate.... and while I haven't paid attention to the Ravens under Jackson, when he was in SF, he was running a gap/power blocking scheme, not a zone scheme.... Our entire current OL and all of our 4 running backs are ZONE runners. Things like that matter a ton for expectations if we brought him in to revamp our offense.

Building around Fields specifically, I want deep ball, downfield guys to take advantage of what Fields does well, and frankly what he was already used to doing at Ohio State. We sadly won't be in draft range for either of Ohio State's top 2 guys..... but a guy who I recently discovered, and would be interested in following more is Zay Flowers - Boston College........ Electric, shifty, and speedy..... also could potentially be there in the 2nd (or even better 3rd, so we can get a non failure Center in the 2nd) range.
    I think our priority needs to be DB/WR/O-line personally. DB especially. It's been exploited all year as nice as the rest of the defense has been.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I've seen people on Twitter discuss the idea of trading Allen Robinson at the deadline. I can see the pros and cons to the move. On the one hand, we won't be in contention this year and need all the draft capital we can get, and A-Rob really hasn't done much this year. On the other hand, Fields also needs all the help he can get, so hard for me to have a strong opinion one way or the other.

I think if you can get a day 2 pick tho you have to do it. Not sure if that's gonna get us laughed at by every GM in the league, but I think that'd be my approach.
    I wouldn't hesitate to move him for a day 2 pick. I don't think he's going to age particularly well in a league that now relies so heavily on speed and separation at WR.

Week 6: Packers (4-1) @ Bears (3-2)

Heís only a newly turned 28 as of now he has at least 4 more good high level years in him. Boldin and Fitz had longer careers and they never were the fastest . Allen will be ok , even AJ Green still going after all of those injuries .

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think our priority needs to be DB/WR/O-line personally. DB especially. It's been exploited all year as nice as the rest of the defense has been.
    Nickel Corner needs a body for sure and it's one of our worst roster spots as a whole for the team... but JJ has been stellar until this week vs Adams, and Vildor honestly hasn't been the liability people are making him out to be overall...

Safety wise, our SS position is weaker, (and I'm shocked we didn't waiver claim winfield and let Tampa get him), but FS has a rather unavoidable contract with a formerly great player who is now playing like utter crap.

So really, outside of the Nickel, I'm not really sure there's a ton that can even be done to fix our backend.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I wouldn't hesitate to move him for a day 2 pick. I don't think he's going to age particularly well in a league that now relies so heavily on speed and separation at WR.
    I mean, I'd do it too. That was the idea, is that a day 2 pick is too tantalizing to pass on, even though in the short run (which is really what the trading team would have to care about), you could argue Fields could really use A-Rob. Hard to imagine A-Rob went from a pretty easy top 15-20 receiver in the game the rest of his career to JAG in one off-season at age 28. I think this offense obviously isn't going to give him lots of opportunities to shine. That said, idk that A-Rob can't still get by for awhile being the elite route runner at the size he is that he's always been.

I'm saying I don't know if it's worth it for less than that. Maybe a 4th and a 6th would probably be good too. Especially since Pace tends to do so well on day 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    Nickel Corner needs a body for sure and it's one of our worst roster spots as a whole for the team... but JJ has been stellar until this week vs Adams, and Vildor honestly hasn't been the liability people are making him out to be overall...

Safety wise, our SS position is weaker, (and I'm shocked we didn't waiver claim winfield and let Tampa get him), but FS has a rather unavoidable contract with a formerly great player who is now playing like utter crap.

So really, outside of the Nickel, I'm not really sure there's a ton that can even be done to fix our backend.
    Would like to see Thomas Graham get some reps at nickel corner. Not sure why he didn't make the roster to begin with considering the bodies we've used up to this point.

I disagree on Vildor. He's flashed at times, but he's gotten beat pretty badly pretty regularly imo. I don't think he's a bad depth piece though. But yeah, you can do better, especially in this NFL.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 10-18-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Just to add to the ARob thing, I'd also rather make a run at a guy like Godwin instead. 4 years younger, better athlete, has already been a 1/1A receiver with Jameis, but has seen his target share go down with AB there.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Just to add to the ARob thing, I'd also rather make a run at a guy like Godwin instead. 4 years younger, better athlete, has already been a 1/1A receiver with Jameis, but has seen his target share go down with AB there.
    Yeah and he plays everywhere. Outside, slot, etc. Iíd like him a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Week 6: Packers (4-1) @ Bears (3-2)

I like Godwin , Mike Williams and Tim Patrick or even swap a rob for Odell who will be on a cheaper deal than all of those WRs prob . Some decent options hopefully

[emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102] Fuller and Howard def Howard yes

https://twitter.com/nealdriscoll/sta...246192642?s=21

Kind of off topic but another positive if we get Roman as the HC he could bring Fangio back in at DC. They worked together at Stanford and with the 49ers.

As far as ARob I'm not giving up on him yet. I think he's still a really good starting WR in the league he's just not getting targeted as much without Mitch. Mitch literally zeroed in on him nearly every play. Fields has always spread the ball around more. To me the priority needs to be O-line. There isn't a single guy who is a difference maker. I think Daniels and Whitehair are decent but overall both are meh. Mustipher needs to go he's a good backup but not a starter in this league. Ifedi also better be gone. Hopefully Borom can make an impact but he's barely played so who knows. And Jenkins who knows if he'll ever be healthy. The O-line needs a complete overhaul.

https://twitter.com/BRobNFL/status/1...476605956?s=20

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Do our receivers suck at separating because they're not athletic or skilled enough or is it because most defenses know our scheme and its plays inside and out?

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Do our receivers suck at separating because they're not athletic or skilled enough or is it because most defenses know our scheme and its plays inside and out?
    I think it is because DBa know they can just press and stay with our WRs for 2 seconds and the play is over because the OL canít regularly protect much longer than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast