Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    He's not calling plays, the offense isn't scoring points and we keep burying ourselves with stupid penalties. Not sure what his worth is nowadays.

Honestly, my opinion is you keep Pace for continuity, fire Nagy and hire Brian Daboll. Nobody says you need to hire the GM and HC together and Pace has done a decent enough job that not blowing everything up might outweigh the downside of firing him. Moreso with Albert Breer's nugget earlier this week about us being the frontrunners for him.
    Whereíd you read the frontrunner thing? I canít find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, it's tough.

The Bears should've had a chance to go ahead down 6 at the end of the 6th game to get into first place.

To give up a td in that situation means the D isn't good enough for any of this to matter either way. We know this is a developmental year for Fields. But the defense should be good enough to stop them when it matters to make a win within reach.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Not about to get mad at a guy trying to make a play to win. Honestly shocked the bigger issue on here isn't the play call and horrendous pass blocking.
    Both the play call and decision making can be bad.

Him taking unnecessary sacks like that is definitely something he has to improve on. I don't think that's some outlandish critique.

This was also possibly the worst officiated game Iíve ever seen. Just absolute brutal.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll drag it out all season, but I don't see that much downside to firing Nagy now. This team isn't winning **** anyway and you can't be super encouraged by his "development" of Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Anyway, I'm sure they'll drag it out all season, but I don't see that much downside to firing Nagy now. This team isn't winning **** anyway and you can't be super encouraged by his "development" of Fields.
    I wouldn't mind.

Go sky!

Click here to register!

The refs were awful today not making an excuse because the team didnít play well either but refs didnít help anything. Always seems to be case against Green Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Yep. When the best option from the snap is simply throwing it away on a 3rd/4th and long, not gonna blame the QB.

Thank you. Like everyone imo was way too concerned about winning that game. I get that is what was going on in the immediate but in the future I'm much more worried about our teams inability to call realistic play calls on 3rd and 15 and their ability to protect the franchise QB than I am Justin throwing the ball away. He's already shown the ability to throw it away several times and he's also broken several similar tackles to that one and made plays off of it. While they blocked better today with Ifedi out there were still really really bad and Justin had guys in his face most of the game. He also avoided several would be sacks. The entire offensive coaching staff needs to be fired and the offensive personnel needs an overhaul/to get healthy (Borom, Jenkins, Monty).

Sad thing is, we could've seen a different result of the refs call an easy offsides on the Fields pick (gotta love a qb knowing there is an offsides and going deep, but gotta watch for the flag and the throw was bad)

Also, he called timeout and the Bears have a 3rd and 8 after the almost pick

Both teams had bad calls. But the Bears aren't good enough to have chances literally taken away from them lol

Click here to register!

Not bad enough to suck for a top pick (even though we don't have one in the upcoming draft), but not good enough to compete for a Super Bowl. I hate this position and that's where we've been in most of Nagy's tenure here. The incompetence of this organization is astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Not bad enough to suck for a top pick (even though we don't have one in the upcoming draft), but not good enough to compete for a Super Bowl. I hate this position and that's where we've been in most of Nagy's tenure here. The incompetence of this organization is astonishing.
    At least we may have a franchise qb now. We'll see.

Click here to register!

Bulls in 3 days everyone

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Both the play call and decision making can be bad.

Him taking unnecessary sacks like that is definitely something he has to improve on. I don't think that's some outlandish critique.
    I'm not saying it is but for everyone of those that is a sack he breaks the tackle and either runs it or makes a throw. He did it like 3 times this game. I think actually giving him a chance is a bigger deal. Kinda ****ty that his left tackle got beat in under 2 seconds and as soon as he rolls right the other DE is in his face. Not exactly and easy situation to get rid of it and have it not be intentional grounding. I get he needs better decisions but like man the guys around him were mostly bad again today. Several drops, bad blocking, sloppy penalties, poor coaching. He doesn't have much to work with as a young QB other than a good run game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Bulls in 3 days everyone
    Hey letís not forget the Sky can still win the title [emoji14]

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    He's not calling plays, the offense isn't scoring points and we keep burying ourselves with stupid penalties. Not sure what his worth is nowadays.

Honestly, my opinion is you keep Pace for continuity, fire Nagy and hire Brian Daboll. Nobody says you need to hire the GM and HC together and Pace has done a decent enough job that not blowing everything up might outweigh the downside of firing him. Moreso with Albert Breer's nugget earlier this week about us being the frontrunners for him.
    I'm down with this scenario. I like Pace more than most here, I think. I wouldn't complain if he got fired either, but I'd be concerned that we end up with another Emery level hire, which probably ruins whatever window we might have with Fields rookie contract.

Daboll isn't my top choice, but he should work well with Fields, and should be able to assemble a good staff given his connections in this league.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-17-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast