Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cardinals fire Mike Shildt.

Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

We all knew what would happen when he brought Reyes in.

I’m shocked by this. I thought he was a great manager.

Wonder who we’ll get next

The real problem with this team is sitting in the front office.. I can’t believe we’re keeping the coaches. Apparently Mozeliek wants a yes man..
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

.... could this pave the way for Molina to be the first player/manager in 35 years?

I hope not.. ^^
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

Shildt went out with class. Even though he made some more decisions down the stretch he’s not 100% at fault for the way this team played up until the winning streak. Mo and Girsch need to go.. They continue to make awful moves and they should be held accountable.
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Shildt went out with class. Even though he made some more decisions down the stretch he’s not 100% at fault for the way this team played up until the winning streak. Mo and Girsch need to go.. They continue to make awful moves and they should be held accountable.
    I understand the frustration with Mo... however, he's made some pretty great moves too. Goldie and Arenado... trading for and sticking with Tyler O'Neill, moving on from Tommy Pham (even though that looked bad at the time)

Heck... even Luke Voit looks like his star burned out pretty quickly.

The reality is... over the past 15 years, the Cardinals have been one of the top 3 teams in baseball.

Key moments....

Let Albert walk
    Signed Lance Berkman
    Won 2011 WS
    Farm system revamp

Traded Shelby Miller for 1 year of Jayson Heyward... I have so many mixed emotions about this. Shelby Miller had an amazing year the following year. Heyward also had arguably his best season ever for the Cardinals that year. Miller got traded for a big pile of prospects, Heyward went to the Cubs. Neither Miller or Heyward have ever lived up to expectations since then. Cardinals got one great year from Heyward, lost one great year from Miller. The contract Heyward signed with the Cubs is a major reason the cubs traded away their entire team this year.

Kept Waino
    Kept Molina
    Signed Beltran
    Traded Voit
    Didn't sign Tatis
    Traded for Ozuna (giving up Sandy Alcantara was bad)
    Failed to sign David Price
    Didn't go after Max Scherzer
    Extending Matt Carpenter
    Traded for Goldie
    Traded for Arenado
    Traded away Randy Arozarena... I think we're going to love Liberatore though, so this isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Since 2000 (22 seasons)... the Cardinals have had 21 WINNING SEASONS. WOW!!!!! I believe he started as the assistant GM in 2001? I can't quite remember.

Since October of 2007, the Cardinals have had 14 winning records and 0 losing records.

9 trips to the post season
    2 trips to the WS
    1 WS championship

In that same time period... the Yankees have had 10 trips to the post season, won 1 WS, in 1 trip to the WS. They also have not had a losing season. The Dodgers have had 11 trips to the post season, won 1 ws, in 2 trips to the ws. They have also had 1 "losing" season.

Here's the thing about Mozeliak that I like the most... he never "sells out" for one year. You will never see him completely destroy our future to trade for one player to "go after it". Players will come and go... but the team is always competitive. Is he the best GM in all of baseball? Probably not. But he's top 5 for sure, and we don't have anyone better that we can get. It seems like through no fault of his own... Moze has dodged an absolute TON of bullets in his career. Pujols, Price, Heyward... any of those contracts would have been albatrosses for the organization. The big contracts that they gave out... Molina, Waino, Goldie, Arenado, all seem to be worth it (so far).

Is he lucky? Probably. Has he done a good job? Without a doubt.