Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    You can tell the running game is still lacking.Had we had one with a better o line we would of run out the clock easily.A win is a win,good improvement but I still hope mayock makes a couple calls and sees if there's any o line available.

Also,are there any other gus scheme guys? They always seem to ball out.
    Another Hayward Jr would be a wonderful thing

Denvers defense will be ranked bottom 15 by seasons end. They are a bad team across the board. They actually have to start playing real NFL teams now.

That being said a division win is always a beautiful thing!

Congratz to Coach Bisaccia on his first win as Raiders HC. The team looked focused, played hard and played smart football for the most part. Everyone contributed, which is always a good sign. There's still quite a bit of work to do, but we're moving in the right direction. 4-2 ... sounds good to me.

Nice to see Drake get some opportunities. Team came to play and appeared to be coached well!

Good win and with a chargers loss weíre right back at the top of the division. Got to win the next 2 (Eagles & Giants) before playing KC.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Congratz to Coach Bisaccia on his first win as Raiders HC. The team looked focused, played hard and played smart football for the most part. Everyone contributed, which is always a good sign. There's still quite a bit of work to do, but we're moving in the right direction. 4-2 ... sounds good to me.
    This!!!

341 and 2 TDs

Defense getting after it

Running game sparked a bit

Bout time. Good game

Carr gonna fight for that MVP though

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I'll cut to the chase: this is a playoff team.

Since '02, the Raiders contended for the playoffs as flawed but fun teams in '10, '11, '15, '17, '19 and '20.

In 2016 and 2021, the team has a strong offense, a strong passing game and enough defense to keep opponents honest.

The 2021 Raiders are a playoff team.

Iíve never been happier to be dead wrong about a prediction. Fully admit I was way off, the team responded amazingly well and I think itís addition by subtraction with Gruden.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    All of our passing seemed to be big chunks. I'm okay with thst
    Yeah, but part of it is I don't think we have the OL this year to keep doing long drive after long drive. Either the run blocking won't be good enough, or they'll give up a pressure/sack if you run enough pass plays. We're gonna have to win via explosiveness. But there will be a lot of drives coming up empty, or even games like the last two weeks where we just can't get it going.

At the end of the day though, 30+ points you can't complain ... that should be enough to win most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Iíve never been happier to be dead wrong about a prediction. Fully admit I was way off, the team responded amazingly well and I think itís addition by subtraction with Gruden.
    This is why I think the Grudenís resignation is a blessing.

We are a better without Gruden. I donít know if that means weíre a playoff team or not, but I believe we are a better organization without him.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post

We are a better without Gruden. I donít know if that means weíre a playoff team or not, but I believe we are a better organization without him.
    Thereís no question at all we are better off without him. I was just thinking in the heat of the moment, with this huge distraction we might be in big trouble. That was our biggest win in a long time IMO. I think it sets the stage and we go on a go on a run.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post

Considering how garbage his offensive "script" looked in the first 5 weeks, maybe you're right. And I've never been a fan of his game management, where I think he was among the worst in the league. We'll see how the new HC handles tighter games at some point, with tougher decisions to be made ... but he can't be WORSE than Gruden in that regard since Gruden sucked at it.

Really, what was Jon's biggest strength? Play design? Well AFAIK the playbook is still there. And with the number of times Derek changes the play at the line anyway, I'm pretty sure he could call his own plays at this point.

It's only one game though. But remember when Arians, a classic career assistant, all of a sudden stepped in as interim coach at age 60 when Pagano got sick? It changed the course of his career. Fingers crossed, maybe that's what could happen for Bisaccia. Guess we'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Heís desperately needed but I seriously doubt weíll get any decent football out of him at this point.
    he has not played in a long time and timing and messing with the other lineman is something that requires playing and practicing together for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    he has not played in a long time and timing and messing with the other lineman is something that requires playing and practicing together for a while.

Or he comes in with fresh legs and provides veteran leadership on an O-line lacking in this category. When healthy, he's a mauler. I don't think it'll take him long to catch on. It's not like it's an unfamiliar system with unfamiliar coaches and unfamiliar teammates. Incognito could be a key "Cog" in getting better offensive line play.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast