Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    That was a good win.

If the Raiders win again, they can get to 5-2 going into the bye-week. That's pretty impressive.

IMO, with Gruden gone, they probably address whatever conditioning issue killed the team in the past two seasons.
    The Raiders next three weeks: VS Eagles, Bye, @ Giants…very possible to be 6-2 going into the game against KC week 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was impressed with the play calling. We actually called some screen passes which gained good yardage. Run blocking looked improved but it was against a not so good Denver team. We face another not so good team next week before the bye. Hopefully after the bye we get some players back from injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I was impressed with the play calling. We actually called some screen passes which gained good yardage. Run blocking looked improved but it was against a not so good Denver team. We face another not so good team next week before the bye. Hopefully after the bye we get some players back from injuries.
    Yeah,we definitely need mullen back.We need incognito for the chiefs,though.We need to control the game with a good running game to beat them.

This was a good win against a team that will end up in the AFC west cellar. On a different note Did anybody notice the Ravens run through and over the last in the league Charger run D yesterday? The Bolts got crushed! There's your blueprint for when we get them at home down the road. It was a Beatdown---period

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I liked how Olsen worked Jacobs worked into the passing game.

Olson called a good game. He seemed to have a feel for the game that we haven't seen in awhile, calling the right plays at the right time. The screen to Jacobs comes immediately to mind.

That said, there were still too many 3 and outs. That must be cleaned up, if they're going to achieve those lofty team goals.

And garbage time or not, I hate seeing giving up multiple scores after we've built a big lead. I know part of that is design, but you never want to give an opponent even the slightest glimmer of hope. Squeeze the life out them until either the last whistle blows, or law enforcement is called in to arrest you for killing their hopes and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Olson called a good game. He seemed to have a feel for the game that we haven't seen in awhile, calling the right plays at the right time. The screen to Jacobs comes immediately to mind.

That said, there were still too many 3 and outs. That must be cleaned up, if they're going to achieve those lofty team goals.

And garbage time or not, I hate seeing giving up multiple scores after we've built a big lead. I know part of that is design, but you never want to give an opponent even the slightest glimmer of hope. Squeeze the life out them until either the last whistle blows, or law enforcement is called in to arrest you for killing their hopes and dreams.
    We had an opportunity to close it out.We gave up a 4th and 8 and went for a field goal instead of a td because the o line couldn't hold up on 3rd down.

This is exactly why I want a guy like kellen moore or brian daboll to help clean up our red zone efficiency,it's just not there yet.

With 6 min left to go, they looked a little conservative, I knew that was gonna bite us. They should continue to play until at least the 2 min warning. Denver was not coming back, but never take the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    With 6 min left to go, they looked a little conservative, I knew that was gonna bite us. They should continue to play until at least the 2 min warning. Denver was not coming back, but never take the chance.
    Nobody suspects the epic comeback win until it happens.

Play hard for a full 60 or you’ll get burned.

They won the game flat out. Who cares what the scoreboard says? I agree with the mindset of dialing back the pressure. That's how guys get injured.

I'm not sure that's clean up-able this year given the OL. The blocking isn't good enough for a consistent run game, and to string together enough pass plays to sustain a drive means you can't give up a bunch of sacks, holding penalties, etc.. That's just not where our OL is this year. It's going to be a bit feast or famine with this team until we can beef up that unit.

So what we end up with is we'll live and die with chunk plays. Almost all our scoring drives Sunday came as a result of big plays ... two long passes to Ruggs, big pass to Drake, long gainer on a screen to Jacobs. When we didn't get the chunk plays for two weeks, we struggled to score.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    I'm not sure that's clean up-able this year given the OL. The blocking isn't good enough for a consistent run game, and to string together enough pass plays to sustain a drive means you can't give up a bunch of sacks, holding penalties, etc.. That's just not where our OL is this year. It's going to be a bit feast or famine with this team until we can beef up that unit.

So what we end up with is we'll live and die with chunk plays. Almost all our scoring drives Sunday came as a result of big plays ... two long passes to Ruggs, big pass to Drake, long gainer on a screen to Jacobs. When we didn't get the chunk plays for two weeks, we struggled to score.
    Yeah, but that's Denver's D. They dare you to throw long.

The run game works off the passing game wit our offense. We are not a run first team and that was Gruden's weakness as a play caller. Olson dialed up some nice screens to loosen things up and we saw the runningbacks reel off some nice gains later in the game. I am encouraged because we are a very strong passing team that shows flashes of being able to run the ball late in games.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast