Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Team looks good...convincing wins against th Isles, then Boston IN Boston.

I’ve always wanted both Tkachuk brothers. Father playered like 18 yrs, uncle played 22 yrs. I would have taken every opportunity to traded for both.

Getting a little nervous at how teams are beating up on Igor. Last night against the Sharks...AGAIN. This is getting to be a routine as opposing teams are hoping the Rangers send in their back up.

The Russian who has issues...and while Tony deAngelo was inappropriate, that doesn't mean Georgiev is scot-free. He's a pain in the butt as well.

Rangers beat the Black Hawks 3-2 with Georgiev between the pipes. I did like Gallant basically giving Georgiev some props for working hard to get back to this level of play.

When Carolina & Tony deAngelo come back into town, keep in mind deAngelo is on fire. He's putting up numbers right around Adam Fox with a better Plus/minus. Yes, he's known to have a mouth full of razor blades...

But Georgiev is proving deAngelo right. That being, he mails in performances. He's lucky the Rangers have Igor who took A LOT of pressure off of him.

Now that Igor's out for at least a week, it's up to Georgiev to provide consistent solid goaltending.

At Chicago

vs Avalanche

at Buffalo

vs Predators

The Avs will be a tough game for sure. Definitely a test for the Rangers who are without arguably one of their top 5 players.

Latest rumor is Drury has begun contract extension talks with Strome—guess he realizes he has no choice since Panarin & Strome have played so well together and have produced no matter who is placed on the wing, much like Zibenajad & Kreider. Strome numbers dictate he must be signed. And with rumors also coming in that Strome will take less to stay, it’s a must. I guess worse come for worse and we are in need of cap space then Goodrow gets dealt—-hey, he’s playing 4th line center & Barron is ready to take that spot(Goodrow is making 3.65 mil., Strome is making 4.5 mil and the rumor is we can get him in at between 5.75-6 mil.)
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-05-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Back to back wins against the defending Champs is a good start to 2022. Now, let's see how they handle Conor McDavid and the Oilers.

We’ve been looking pretty good, we should make the playoffs but we won’t go far. We need to fix our 3rd pair defense—with the taxi squad coming back, I would love to see Schneider and Robertson get called up to see what they can do/if they’re ready before we make a move for a d-man. Nemeth, Lundqvist, Hajek and Jones are not gonna get it done. If need be then I’d prefer to trade for Ben Chairot or Jacob Chychrun, not Giordano. BTW, Kypreos says that the ask for Chychrun is a prospect, a young player & a 1st Rd pick. Does Lundqvist, Kravtsov & a 1st Rd pick get it done.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 01-09-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Finally someone is either listening or realized that we need to see what we have in Schneider. He’s been brought up today and hopefully he can show he’s ready now—starting a dominoe effect as in Schneider gets a spot on the 3rd line and Drury can put/make either of Lundqvist and/or Zac Jones available in a trade.

Yeah.

I know Stat Boy Steven on twitter has a hard on for Zac Jones and Nils Lundkvist but they're both horribly undersized. Jones is 5'10" and Nils is 5'11" both offensively gifted but no Tom Wilson player, a lethal PF is going to be moved out from in front of Rangers Goaltender.

Unless the Rangers intend on trading some of their scoring forwards for two way wingers who average 10 goals, there's no way the Rangers are moving forward. You can't stack the deck with scoring players.

This is why Gallant, twice sent Lafreniere a message. That message is, you aren't offensively there where you can skirt off your defensive responsibilities.

The ONLY reason why Hajek is on the team is due to his size and skating. Fox can take risks because Ryan Lindgren sacrifices. Braden Schneider is the size, muscle and hockey IQ that balances out the 3rd pairing.

The Rangers losing to Vegas Knights shows that they can't forecheck.

The Rangers losing to the LA Kings shows that they can't win on talent alone.

This is a good team but damn, they still have to grow up a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12