Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Twins -- 2022

The Twins had their hitting shoes on today (6 home runs, including Sanchez' grand slam) and Bailey Ober pitched well enough to finish 5 innings and qualify for a win. The bullpen did a nice job allowing only 2 hits and 3 walks with 4 Ks in 4 innings. The final score today was 10-4.

The Twins finally brought Dereck Rodriguez to the bigs today. He is the son of Hall of Famer Ivan Rodriguez and the Twins drafted him as an outfielder. His hitting never progressed to the point where he was a major leaguer offensively, and he moved to the mound, where he had some success in San Francisco. He has been up and down as a pitcher, but the Twins saw something they liked and brought him in.
    To put him on the 40-man roster, the Twins DFA'd Jharrel Cotton.
    I wish Dereck Rodriguez the best.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The Twins finally brought Dereck Rodriguez to the bigs today. He is the son of Hall of Famer Ivan Rodriguez and the Twins drafted him as an outfielder. His hitting never progressed to the point where he was a major leaguer offensively, and he moved to the mound, where he had some success in San Francisco. He has been up and down as a pitcher, but the Twins saw something they liked and brought him in.
    To put him on the 40-man roster, the Twins DFA'd Jharrel Cotton.
    I wish Dereck Rodriguez the best.
    We are going to be throwing a few bobbers in the water to try to catch something with our pitching this year I think. Good luck young pudge.

Dereck Rodriguez didn't last long with the Twins. He was DFA'd today and Kyle Garlick was added to the 40-man roster and brought from St. Paul to Fenway.

Buxton left today's game early, after an awkward slide into 2nd. The way he was walking off the field, it didn't look too bad. Hopefully, he'll be OK in a day or so.

News from this morning indicates no structural damage to Buxton's knee. If he goes on the IL, it is likely he will only miss 10 days or so.

Buxton is staying on the active list, but Gray is going to the 10-day IL. Apparently his hamstring is worst than originally hoped.

In the "understatement of the year" category -- Byron Buxton is playing well.
    With him in the lineup, the Twins are a very good team. When he sits, the offense struggles. Another 2 homer day yesterday, with the last one being a 470' game-winner.

sweet win in walk off fashion last night. Thank you Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    sweet win in walk off fashion last night. Thank you Detroit.
    I'm sure that play went just the way Rocco drew it up.

It is very early in the season, but Joe Ryan is looking pretty good. I guess the scouts liked what they say in him.

Royce Lewis' 1st major league home run was a grand slam. I have a hunch he'll hit a few more homers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234