Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Sounds like Tua to Washington or Denver. Then maybe just trade X to get some picks for next year to recoup the loss that it takes to get Watson.

No idea why he would want to hop on this sinking ship other than he knows Ross will be his best friend while here and eventually hire a coach he wants.

If we get Watson just sim the next two years for me. Watson ainít doing anything this season strictly because the team sucks and he needs to learn the scheme and players. Then next year he probably gets suspended.

Maybe Ross knows more than us? But I think heís just blind to Floís success and thinks this will push them over the edge.

My guy did you just forget about the trade we made with them? Lol they donít need a QB and have no picks to send.
    I forgot they drafted whatshisname at QB this year, yes.

Right now, it's a franchise altering move with Watson. Meaning, we would undoubtedly be getting a legit franchise QB for the next 10 years. But he will forever have the stigma of a (potential) sexual deviant hanging over his head and he will carry that potential monicker with him to Miami, and also release it upon this organization. If we have to sacrifice three 1st rd picks between 2022 - 2023 for a franchise QB, I would be open to it as long as he gets cleared of all charges and not suspended. There needs to be protections put in place in the event he is suspended, or charged for these crimes. If Ross signs off on a trade without protections, he is football dumb (and I don't think he is dumb in the least - I think he is a very highly intelligent human being).

What I would like to see is:

MIA: 2022 2nd rd pick, 2023 4th rd pick
    WSH: QB Tua Tagovailoa

MIA: QB Deshaun Watson
    HOU: 2022 1st rd pick via SF, 2022 2nd rd pick via WSH, 2023 1st rd pick via MIA, 2023 2nd rd pick, and a 2024 1st rd pick (can change to a 2024 2nd rd pick depending on if there is a suspension in 2021 or 2022, how long the suspension is, or completely removed from the trade should he be convicted and see prison time)

In the end, HOU gets 4-5 high picks for a QB that may, or may not, face a suspension and/or potential jail time if convicted. Miami is the only real solution, as Watson has already chosen Miami as the team he wants to be traded to. Houston finally gets to turn the page and they know they have to take a discount on the asking price because of the lack of interest around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Right now, it's a franchise altering move with Watson. Meaning, we would undoubtedly be getting a legit franchise QB for the next 10 years. But he will forever have the stigma of a (potential) sexual deviant hanging over his head and he will carry that potential monicker with him to Miami, and also release it upon this organization. If we have to sacrifice three 1st rd picks between 2022 - 2023 for a franchise QB, I would be open to it as long as he gets cleared of all charges and not suspended. There needs to be protections put in place in the event he is suspended, or charged for these crimes. If Ross signs off on a trade without protections, he is football dumb (and I don't think he is dumb in the least - I think he is a very highly intelligent human being).

HOU: 2022 1st rd pick via SF, 2022 2nd rd pick via WSH, 2023 1st rd pick via MIA, 2023 2nd rd pick, and a 2024 1st rd pick (can change to a 2024 2nd rd pick depending on if there is a suspension in 2021 or 2022, how long the suspension is, or completely removed from the trade should he be convicted and see prison time)

In the end, HOU gets 4-5 high picks for a QB that may, or may not, face a suspension and/or potential jail time if convicted. Miami is the only real solution, as Watson has already chosen Miami as the team he wants to be traded to. Houston finally gets to turn the page and they know they have to take a discount on the asking price because of the lack of interest around the league.
    That's a bounty but seems about right... I can see it.

While it would be a big mistake, it's not like Grier can draft worth a damn. Might as well use those picks on someone who's actually good if we are keeping him. Trading all your high picks for good players seems to work for the Rams.

I imagine he's suspended the minute he's traded tho, so I'm not sure why they are doing anything with the legal stuff ongoing. Anyone who saw the game last week, also saw that Tua was far from the problem and the ineptitude of the coaching staff played a much bigger factor in the loss.

Seems pretty reasonable except for the pick protection incase of suspension or jail time. The 1sts will def become like 4ths or something late like that. If not, then this trade would've already happened..

i'm totally a Tua guy, and it wouldn't bother me to keep him as the starter through 2022. he has had a lack of playmakers, and a lack of good, quality coaching. He had a great mentor in Fitz last year. And it wasn't completely his fault we lost last week.

But if someone were to tell me I can have Watson (with all of his legal problems cleared) or Tua for the next 10 years, I'm going to take Watson.

Like some have said previously, the draft is a crap shoot anyways, and for some reason we can never draft well in the 1st rd. Watson is an established, bonafide, superstar franchise QB that has proven he can play at top levels in the NFL. The picks MIA may trade may not even work out for us, or may be terrible. But thats on the GM.

My gut tells me nothing is going to happen on the Watson front, we're going to ride or die with Tua this year, and then kick the tires again in the off-season. But I can 100% see us being sellers at the deadline this year, with X being the main trade chip.

Rap sheet said on the Pat McAfee show that Miami has not made any calls about trading Tua and that nothing is actually imminent.

Please letís just avoid it until it actually happens. Unless Rapsheet or Schefter report it, Iím done caring. Clearly Houston trying to drum up some interest. Theyíll take the offer Miami has on the table or theyíll let it roll til next year.

PFN consistently talked about how trading for Watson doesnít mean the end of Tua. That Miami seems to plan on keeping Tua while the Watson **** works out.

so, should we hope to lose to ATL this week to force Grier's hand at trading assets at the deadline for 2022 picks? I'm not talking Watson, I'm talking X, Gesicki? Ogbah? Parker? I mean, I honestly want MIA to get a big W this week, but it might also provide false hope to this FO and coaching staff. I don't know.

so, should we hope to lose to ATL this week to force Grier's hand at trading assets at the deadline for 2022 picks? I'm not talking Watson, I'm talking X, Gesicki? Ogbah? Parker? I mean, I honestly want MIA to get a big W this week, but it might also provide false hope to this FO and coaching staff. I don't know.
    Who knows man. I agree I want them to sell off too, but I just donít see how Grier gets the ok.

I donít see Ross wanting to sell off players because heís getting desperate for wins. Heís not going to listen to Grier on acquiring more picks because Grier is a big part of why they got in the mess. I also donít see him giving him the ok to make trades in general because he might get new guys in those positions. But then it sucks if we just let those guys walk and we got no value.

Best case scenario in my opinion is we get embarrassed by Atlanta and it pushes Ross closer to firing both of them at the end of the season. Worst case is they squeak out a few wins and keep one or both and waste another year.

Absolute worst case is he fires them and then brings in some bum like Tannenbaum who will sell out and get a bunch of win now players only to still go 9-8 next year and set the franchise back.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789