Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    If the Dolphins are sellers at the trade deadline, I think it’s safe to say that Flo and Grier are safe for another year. No way Ross gives them the ok to trade guys like Parker or X if he intends on hiring new guys.

And the Watson reports are back, this time from Houston Chronicle stating Dolphins and Texans are now in serious negotiations. Grier pulling a 'save his ***' move if this happens. Ruin our future assets to save your skin. Just great.

According to PFN according to a league source unless the Dolphins are willing to eat some of his cap, the most we could get is a 3rd for Xavien Howard.

I hate it here.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    And the Watson reports are back, this time from Houston Chronicle stating Dolphins and Texans are now in serious negotiations. Grier pulling a 'save his ***' move if this happens. Ruin our future assets to save your skin. Just great.
    Yea this is 100% a save your *** move. Ross is obviously not happy, and they’re mad desperate. He’s probably telling them if you want a job next year you better make this happen.

John McClain is one of those people that when he talks, you listen. This feels closer than ever. But this is all from Houston guys. Good reporters, but Houston is leaking this. Last chance to get another team to give them what they want?

Aaron Wilson has also reported that this trade involves another team to make it happen. So maybe a team trading for Tua or X in order to get the picks in place.

Watson obviously doesn’t fix everything, and this team ain’t even close to being a QB away. Tua is doing everything you can expect him to do in this situation. But a superstar QB like Watson can just create a few more big plays than Tua can right now.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-20-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    According to PFN according to a league source unless the Dolphins are willing to eat some of his cap, the most we could get is a 3rd for Xavien Howard.

I hate it here.
    Yeah, I could see us eating some cap for that to become a 2nd. Desperate times call for desperate measures. If we don't trade him then oh well, at least we better be entertaining the idea until Nov 2.

Yea this is 100% a save your *** move. Ross is obviously not happy, and they’re mad desperate. He’s probably telling them if you want a job next year you better make this happen.

John McClain is one of those people that when he talks, you listen. This feels closer than ever. But this is all from Houston guys. Good reporters, but Houston is leaking this. Last chance to get another team to give them what they want?

Aaron Wilson has also reported that this trade involves another team to make it happen. So maybe a team trading for Tua or X in order to get the picks in place.

Watson obviously doesn’t fix everything, and this team ain’t even close to being a QB away. Tua is doing everything you can expect him to do in this situation. But a superstar QB like Watson can just create a few more big plays than Tua can right now.
    100% But this doesn't really matter if Miami is the only team Watson will accept a trade to.

Who knows.

I'd love to have Watson here and if Tua gets traded I'll be rooting for him wherever he goes unless it's NE or NYJ lol

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    100% But this doesn't really matter if Miami is the only team Watson will accept a trade to.

Who knows.

I'd love to have Watson here and if Tua gets traded I'll be rooting for him wherever he goes unless it's NE or NYJ lol
    San Fran maybe?

Eat whatever it takes to get a 1st. KC, Ten, Sea, Bal, TB can all use X and would possibly give up a 1st for X if we will eat 70-80%.

X (70% cap) and a 2023 4th for 2022 1st? Houston clearly is not interested in Tua, so I guess try and get a 2nd for him from another team?

Sounds like Tua to Washington or Denver. Then maybe just trade X to get some picks for next year to recoup the loss that it takes to get Watson.

No idea why he would want to hop on this sinking ship other than he knows Ross will be his best friend while here and eventually hire a coach he wants.

If we get Watson just sim the next two years for me. Watson ain’t doing anything this season strictly because the team sucks and he needs to learn the scheme and players. Then next year he probably gets suspended.

Maybe Ross knows more than us? But I think he’s just blind to Flo’s success and thinks this will push them over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    San Fran maybe?
    My guy did you just forget about the trade we made with them? Lol they don’t need a QB and have no picks to send.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-20-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Too early to give up on Tua.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Sounds like Tua to Washington or Denver. Then maybe just trade X to get some picks for next year to recoup the loss that it takes to get Watson.

No idea why he would want to hop on this sinking ship other than he knows Ross will be his best friend while here and eventually hire a coach he wants.

If we get Watson just sim the next two years for me. Watson ain’t doing anything this season strictly because the team sucks and he needs to learn the scheme and players. Then next year he probably gets suspended.

Maybe Ross knows more than us? But I think he’s just blind to Flo’s success and thinks this will push them over the edge.

My guy did you just forget about the trade we made with them? Lol they don’t need a QB and have no picks to send.
    The trade rumorI saw was Tua and X to Washington Watson to Miami, McLaurin to Houston, Miami gets a 2nd and a 3rd from Washington and Houston gets 4 1sts from Miami.

But now there are reports saying the rumors are false. Probably Houston trying to raise the price for Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    The trade rumorI saw was Tua and X to Washington Watson to Miami, McLaurin to Houston, Miami gets a 2nd and a 3rd from Washington and Houston gets 4 1sts from Miami.

But now there are reports saying the rumors are false. Probably Houston trying to raise the price for Watson.
    -1000% chance Houston gets four 1sts. Whoever started that rumor was looking for clicks. No way anybody with legit NFL ties would have reported this.

Watson wants Miami, Miami wants Watson. Miami is the only team right now in the mix. Smart for Caserio to try and leak as much as possible, but Miami is the only team in on Watson

According to PFN Ross is in win now mode and doesn’t care about giving up future draft capital and some in the organization have given up on Tua.

“Meanwhile, sources tell Pauline that there are people inside the Miami organization who feel Tua Tagovailoa is not the answer at quarterback. To rub salt into the wound, Pauline is told that some members of the franchise have already given up on the second-year quarterback, and the situation gets worse each week when they see the results of Justin Herbert.

Ross “needs and wants” to win immediately, according to those who Pauline spoke with. Sources tell Pauline that the Dolphins owner is willing to trade draft capital in order to buoy his club’s roster. Those inside the league say that given his age, Ross may not care about sacrificing draft selections from three or four years out — he wants instant success and is willing to pay for it.“

According to PFN Ross is in win now mode and doesn’t care about giving up future draft capital and some in the organization have given up on Tua.

“Meanwhile, sources tell Pauline that there are people inside the Miami organization who feel Tua Tagovailoa is not the answer at quarterback. To rub salt into the wound, Pauline is told that some members of the franchise have already given up on the second-year quarterback, and the situation gets worse each week when they see the results of Justin Herbert.

Ross “needs and wants” to win immediately, according to those who Pauline spoke with. Sources tell Pauline that the Dolphins owner is willing to trade draft capital in order to buoy his club’s roster. Those inside the league say that given his age, Ross may not care about sacrificing draft selections from three or four years out — he wants instant success and is willing to pay for it.“
    I don't doubt it, especially if it's true that he wanted to draft Jackson and Herbert.

If so, step one needs to be firing Grier and Flo.

If he wants to win now, he's not doing it with these guys at the helm.

And don't be surprised when the amount of draft picks sent is egregious. It will be.. and I'll laugh. You guys give this FO way, way too much credit. If they were competent, we wouldn't be in this mess... Our team would be miles better. Herbert would be throwing darts, we wouldn't need a qb who has questionable character and we wouldn't have spent 2 firsts, one potentially a top 3 pick, on Jarvis Landry 2.0. The team wouldn't have wasted draft pick after draft pick on scrubs, while I scream at my TV and argue with folks here on how bad our draft has been. That's only happened every year for like a decade.... But people still continue to tell me I'm wrong, our drafts "aren't that bad" lol, and we just need more time for our young players, while we all watch others picked later turn into stars. Good, good times.

It'll be something like 3 firsts and a roster pillage, write it down.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast