Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Alright so who are the dream picks at HC when we eventually fire Flo? Iím obviously in love with Daboll and would be into the idea of Kellen Moore (although I worry about taking the super young guy again). I know some are worried about the first time HC but I think if you strike gold on the young playcaller then the offense will be good enough to carry the team while they figure out all the other issues with the position. Use Shanahan and McVay as the example of course.

If I go with a HC with experience Iím thinking Dennis Allen would be the guy. Reports were that Allen was the 2nd choice behind Flo last cycle and heís done a great job as the Saints DC. Has good connections and could probably build a decent staff. I can also warm up to the idea of Doug Pederson. I feel like the guy just got screwed by Howie and was attached to Wentz and a terrible DC. That would be my biggest worry is can he build a somewhat decent defense. But your hope with hiring an experienced guy is that they learn from their mistakes.

No idea on GM candidates but Iíll of course gravitate towards Ravens, Packers, or Bills. A part of me likes the idea of Marvin Allen getting the promotion, but I just want a clean sweep with this. I donít want another internal move, although thatís the move I would expect if Grier is the only one who gets fired.

Off the top of my head, I like Daboll or Bowles. I felt like Boiwles should have been our guy when we had him and passed him over years ago.

I think we need to go with an offensive mind as HC. Daboll, Leftwich, even Moore. I think Daboll may be the best choice honestly, as much as I did not like the idea previously, he might be the best offensive minded HC-ready candidate in 2022. Leftwich and Moore I would consider dark-horses, but still viable. both young and would bring back that enthusiasm that Flores brought his first two years. These two might not have any connections except former players looking to get into the coaching ranks. I'm okay giving Tua another 1-2 years IF we in fact change offenses again and he shows he can continue to progress throughout this year with this lame duck offensive coaching staff.

If we went defensive minded again, I'm staring down Todd Bowles, Dennis Allen, and Raheem Morris hard. All are deserving of another shot imo. all have solid connections in the NFL for assistants.

I just do not want a HC with total control. I never thought that was a good idea and I still don't. You need two voices when it comes to players.

Blow it the F up. Flo and Grier need canned. Interim GM should trade X for a 1st and if there are no plans to extend Gesicki or franchise tag him then trade him while you can extrapolate value. Trade Ogbah for a 3rd.

Really happy with how Tua played except for the INT. I'm guessing he didn't see him even though he threw an absolute dart right at him lol. I was rather pleased with the o-line play as well.

As far as the HC and GM talk goes, an offensive minded HC with an analytics front office sounds sexy. Brian Daboll does have experience with Tua as he was the OC and QB coach at Bama when Tua AND Waddle were freshmen. So there is some familiarity there.

I want picks and I want guys traded who won't be here next year. We are also down a 3rd round pick from the trade up with the G-Men last draft.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Blow it the F up. Flo and Grier need canned. Interim GM should trade X for a 1st and if there are no plans to extend Gesicki or franchise tag him then trade him while you can extrapolate value. Trade Ogbah for a 3rd.

Really happy with how Tua played except for the INT. I'm guessing he didn't see him even though he threw an absolute dart right at him lol. I was rather pleased with the o-line play as well.

As far as the HC and GM talk goes, an offensive minded HC with an analytics front office sounds sexy. Brian Daboll does have experience with Tua as he was the OC and QB coach at Bama when Tua AND Waddle were freshmen. So there is some familiarity there.

I want picks and I want guys traded who won't be here next year. We are also down a 3rd round pick from the trade up with the G-Men last draft.
    I agree. I liked Grier when he was hired, but the guy has been part of the Phins scouting dept and/or FO for the past 20 years . . . which have all been failures. He will not change his mind on what he likes in players. we need a fresh set of eyes to oversee everything. cannot have any more career Dolphins guys from past failed years.

I would love to get a 2022 1st for X, since this ship is sinking. But i think someone else mentioned that if we ship out good players that a new regime may want, then we're asking for a bit of trouble. Gesicki's talent is not utilized like it should be, and a TE hungry team may give a 3rd for him, but if you bring in the right HC and OC, they could really value Gesicki and want to extend him. Same with Ogbah.

This team could easily be 0-6 right now if not for that fumble by NE in wk 1. how Ross can have confidence in this regime is beyond me right now. I think he is going to keep Flo through the year and fire both Grier and Flo after the season, just to look good to potential GM and coaching candidates.

I would let the next regime decide who they want to keep and who they want to trade.

As far as coaching candidates I'm not sold on Allen or Daboll. Dennis Allen went 8-28 as a HC at his last attempt. What makes everyone think he would be any better now? As for Daboll, when he was our OC everyone *****ed about his play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    I would let the next regime decide who they want to keep and who they want to trade.

As far as coaching candidates I'm not sold on Allen or Daboll. Dennis Allen went 8-28 as a HC at his last attempt. What makes everyone think he would be any better now? As for Daboll, when he was our OC everyone *****ed about his play calling.
    That was also almost a decade ago. Iíd also argue that offense was the best offense weíve had in the past 10 years. That team started slow because of the labor strike, but the second half of the season they were absolutely blowing out teams.

My dad is a Bills fan so I hear a lot about Daboll. There has been so much talk about how heís grown since he got there and also since Alabama. Heís talked about how heís grown as just a leader and listening to his players opinions more. He used to be a very opinionated coach but now heís so focused on development and communication. He just looks like heís learned so much right now. Plus he has the history with Tua, is on the right curve in terms of properly using analytics(doesnít believe you have to run just to run the ball), and has coached for awhile in the league and could probably build a decent staff. I also like his killer mentality. He doesnít coach scared, unlike Flo.

And I mention Allen because multiple reporters said he was #2 to Flores in the last cycle. Again, you hire a guy with former experience hoping he will have learned from it. At the very least heís been the play caller for one of the best defenses over the last 5 years and has consistently gotten good play out of replacements. Better than Flores just trying to duplicate the Belicheck defense. 2nd time HCs also typically have more connections to build a staff. That would be my biggest fear of guys like Kellen Moore or Joe Brady. They just donít know anyone. At least with Allen heís been around for awhile and has connections to a good offensive staff.

I completely forgot about Todd Bowles. I could warm up to the idea because again, you hope heís learned. Pair him with a young GM and I think you can cook. But my fear of defensive coaches is always going to be can they find a good OC. Anthony Lynn would also be a decent option.

Remember a few weeks ago when Beasley/PFN reported that there was a current player that was contemplating retirement after how this season has gone? Well now theyíre reporting that multiple players no longer want to be here which could lead to trades before the deadline. Although in the article they do mention that Grier has no idea if heíll be the one cashing in on picks if they move players, which could lead to no trades.

Iím willing to bet X is a part of that new group. Dude knows the team probably wonít pay him, and being on a losing team wonít help him get a new contract.

I also wouldnít be surprised if Geiscki is in there. Dude still got out snapped by Smythe yesterday even though he caught 4 passes of 20 yards. Heís clearly the best player on offense and yet he never gets utilized.

The hard *** coach always works when they play well. The moment they start losing, you see the Ex-Pats HC style fall apart.

Although I think it will take more embarrassing losses like this for Ross to make a big move. We probably get Marvin Allen getting promoted and Flo is a lame duck next year. It sucks because of the draft pick, but I really think bottoming out would be the best for the team. Is anyone really going to be happy if Flo squeaks our 7 wins with this team and covers some of the major issues?

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Remember a few weeks ago when Beasley/PFN reported that there was a current player that was contemplating retirement after how this season has gone? Well now theyíre reporting that multiple players no longer want to be here which could lead to trades before the deadline. Although in the article they do mention that Grier has no idea if heíll be the one cashing in on picks if they move players, which could lead to no trades.

Iím willing to bet X is a part of that new group. Dude knows the team probably wonít pay him, and being on a losing team wonít help him get a new contract.

I also wouldnít be surprised if Geiscki is in there. Dude still got out snapped by Smythe yesterday even though he caught 4 passes of 20 yards. Heís clearly the best player on offense and yet he never gets utilized.

The hard *** coach always works when they play well. The moment they start losing, you see the Ex-Pats HC style fall apart.

Although I think it will take more embarrassing losses like this for Ross to make a big move. We probably get Marvin Allen getting promoted and Flo is a lame duck next year. It sucks because of the draft pick, but I really think bottoming out would be the best for the team. Is anyone really going to be happy if Flo squeaks our 7 wins with this team and covers some of the major issues?
    Grier has no incentive to trade for future picks. He knows that unless we turn it around he is likely gone. He needs all the players he can to get this team moving in the right direction. He is more likely to trade future picks for players to help him win now.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Grier has no incentive to trade for future picks. He knows that unless we turn it around he is likely gone. He needs all the players he can to get this team moving in the right direction. He is more likely to trade future picks for players to help him win now.
    Ah, the Jeff Ireland model.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

+1 on Gesicki. He was unused at crunch time in that game. Probably manage a win if we stick with him. It's not as complicated as they make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    That makes it an easy conversation with Ross then. He can fire Grier and the interim GM can be evaluated on how well they accumulate picks by trading expiring contracts or some value. X is the only player w/o an expiring contract who I would be interested in trading. After trading our 1st instead of SF away and that becoming a likely top 5 pick, I think that is easily ground for termination. Plus Flo will be gone, should be at least, and the new GM can pick their HC.

I think both Grier and Flo are gone after the season is over. Flo might be prior to the season ending. A loss at ATL should signify the start of another rebuild by trading away valuable pieces that will not be around for when the new rebuild occurs. I hope that's X, maybe Byron Jones (maybe both?). I would really hope Gesicki is re-signed by the new regime. the dude is a baller at TE. I would honestly like Ogbah re-signed as well. But there has been zero movement on either of these guys and any extensions.

The Baker extension that some people are complaining about wasn't bad when it was done, because Baker had an upward trending trajectory and was trending to either performing at the contract level, or out-performing the contract. Grier knew Leonard and Warner were going to get super paid, and figured he got a discount on Baker. I'm not ready to give up on Baker, as I think he does have some good qualities. I think he needs to be used as a blitzer more often, but thats just me.

Paying X was the right move in TC, because as we can see, Iggy is useless. And no one could foresee the team sucking this hard. I don't really fault Grier for the payment to X. But now is the time to finally trade him. not sure we can get a 1st in 2022. I'm sure we can net a couple 2nds though from the right team.

Titans lost their rookie corner, Caleb Fraley, for the season. This is an ideal scenario of a team feeling a bit desperate and giving up a 1st for X in hopes of making a run tis season. They have a rather talented roster but their defense blows.

X and a 2022 5th
    for
    2022 1st and 2022 6th

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Titans lost their rookie corner, Caleb Fraley, for the season. This is an ideal scenario of a team feeling a bit desperate and giving up a 1st for X in hopes of making a run tis season. They have a rather talented roster but their defense blows.

X and a 2022 5th
    for
    2022 1st and 2022 6th
    TEN would be a really nice landing spot for X. gets him to a team with playoff aspirations. But they might also be more inclined to get OL help, just in case Lewan is out for a number of weeks due to his concussion.

I would certainly start with X for 2022 1st rd pick. they might be just desperate enough to do it without adding anything into it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast